Telstra Bigpond Sierra Wireless AC760S Unlock Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telstra Bigpond Sierra Wireless AC760S Unlock Success

Thanks for the great program. I purchased the AC760S second hand from eBay and didn't know it was a Bigpond version until I received it in the mail.

The seller stated in the eBay listing that it was unlocked and end of contract, but I wanted to make sure. So before I started spending money on a new Sim I rang Telstra just to verify the modem details were correct that were stated by the seller.

Nothing came up on their system and she couldn't give me any more information over the phone, and told me to go into a Telstra shop as they can do a better search on their system.

The man at the Telstra store put one of their Sim cards into the modem to test it and as soon as he turned it on he said, Nope, it's no good and I should return it to the owner as only he can use it with the original Sim and can never be used with any other, even a new one from Telstra.

I couldn't believe the modem was a throw away and could only ever be used by one person and one original Sim Card, and then I thought about how I've been using a 10+ year old Bigpond ADSL2 modem with TPG?

Not giving up I found the DC Unlocker Forum.

If spending AU$16 can save the hassle of returning the modem and all the crap that goes with it, then all the better. Before I paid for credits I did a test of the software, and for some reason had trouble finding the modem using the desktop computer, as the program kept saying "modem not found".

I checked everything like USB cables, drivers etc, but no luck. So I tried one more thing, and that was to connect it to the laptop instead and happily everything worked and the modem was found. I purchased the credits and ran the software and in no time the Bigpond modem that Telstra told me can never be used again was now showing UNLOCKED!

That's where my story ends as it's too late to buy a Starter Kit Sim Card now, so I will have to wait till morning to go to the supermarket to buy one. I hope after that I can add to this message and tell you some more great news when it's up and running.

Okay, I went and purchased a Telstra Pre-Paid Sim Starter Kit from the local supermarket, and when I got home I installed the Sim which then needed to be activated by Telstra.

I rang them and was told it would take anything from 30 minutes to 4 hours for the activation to be finalized. I turned the modem on now and then during this period to see if everything was working, and looking at the screen of the modem I could see it was trying to connect but kept going offline.

I then started getting a message on the modem screen, Telstra Connection Error (33), and after a Google search found a way to fix this problem by changing the modem setting. When the modem is turned on your given a message on the screen "To Configure your hotspot go to http://bigpond.4g" (if yours is a Telstra version and not Bigpond then the message might be "To Configure your hotspot go to http://Telstra.4g".

Make sure the modem is turned on and plugged into the PC or Laptop with a USB cable, and connected to the internet so when you enter the address into your browser it will detect this modem as active/online.

A Bigpond screen will open up with a login at the top of the page and a picture of your modem and a options menu running down the left side. To login just use the default "admin". To change the internet settings of the modem, goto the menu and click on "Advanced Settings", and the Advanced Settings window will open.

Along the top of the window you will see (Device) (WAN) (Wi-Fi) (Router)
    Click on (WAN)
    Now under (WAN) click (Setup)
    You should see (Profiles) and (Default Profile eg. Bigpond
    Under (Default Profiles you will see Add/Edit Profiles, click that link
    The Add/Edit window will open and in the top window click on the drop down tab and select "new"
    In the "Name" Window call it anything you want eg. Mobile, Mobile Internet, Joe's Mobile etc.
    "APN" Window add Telstra.Internet
    "Auth Type" drop down window to "None"
    Then hit save.

You will still see the Advanced Settings window and now your new profile you just named should be in the drop down menu next to the Default Profile.

Select your new profile by clicking on it and save.

Your modem may now start to show time and usage at the bottom of the modem screen telling you your read to go. You can also delete the old profile by selecting it in the drop down and clicking add/edit profiles and then delete. If you want to keep the profile there you can delete any old user name and password if it's a second hand unit.

Just make sure your new profile is selected and showing in the default profiles window before you save and close.

Hope this helps.

Comment

The unlock process does not work for Bigpond Netgear Aircard AC760s. My post detailing the issues has been removed after I paid for the unlock process which was not successful. I am not sure why my post was removed ??

Comment

Originally posted by jexhed View Post
        The unlock process does not work for Bigpond Netgear Aircard AC760s. My post detailing the issues has been removed after I paid for the unlock process which was not successful. I am not sure why my post was removed ??
        Problem resolving continued over Liver support chat.
        >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

I had major problems with an Australia wide broadband outage last night whilst trying to sort this out on live chat. When I tried to unlock again this am so I could save the log file, The server connection said the username & password was incorrect. I have been using the same details successfully up till now ??

Comment

Success, username/password now recognised. I have sent the log file to you guys to check out and analyse

Comment

Originally posted by jexhed View Post
              Success, username/password now recognised. I have sent the log file to you guys to check out and analyse
              Thank you. Where have you sent it? To e-mail?

Comment

Yes, sent to [email protected]

Comment

Hi, I bought a 2nd hand Sierra 760S which was locked to Bigpond. I want to use it with a Telstra prepaid sim card. I went through the unlocking process on dc-unlocker and changed the WAN setting as posted, but it still doesn't work. The modem has zero bars of reception and has a message 'searching for network'. Telstra are completely unhelpful as its supposed to be a bigpond locked device. Are there any other tricks I can try???

Comment

Originally posted by pri1234 View Post
                    Hi, I bought a 2nd hand Sierra 760S which was locked to Bigpond. I want to use it with a Telstra prepaid sim card. I went through the unlocking process on dc-unlocker and changed the WAN setting as posted, but it still doesn't work. The modem has zero bars of reception and has a message 'searching for network'. Telstra are completely unhelpful as its supposed to be a bigpond locked device. Are there any other tricks I can try???
                    Have you restarted device after unlock?

Comment

Hi...sorry abt the late reply. Yes, I have tried restarting the device. I seem to be getting network when I put the original bigpond sim into it (i assume it's registered to the original owner), but of course I can't access the Internet since I don't have a plan with bigpond. I double checked the unlocked/locked status using the dc-unlocker program thinking it might have somehow locked again, but it still says tht its unlocked. Do you think I might have better luck with another network provider say optus???

Comment

Originally posted by pri1234 View Post
                        Hi...sorry abt the late reply. Yes, I have tried restarting the device. I seem to be getting network when I put the original bigpond sim into it (i assume it's registered to the original owner), but of course I can't access the Internet since I don't have a plan with bigpond. I double checked the unlocked/locked status using the dc-unlocker program thinking it might have somehow locked again, but it still says tht its unlocked. Do you think I might have better luck with another network provider say optus???
                        If you have this possibility to check with other operator please try it.

Comment

hi i have an a question for this Sierra Wireless
                          i have buy from internet this sierra unlocked
                          but after a reset (when power on press and hold wps + power key for 5 second) sierra locked .
                          after i have unlocked with dc-unlocker and now it's ok
                          what happen if i need to reset ?
                          sierra return into lock mode ?
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gruptnt View Post
                            hi i have an a question for this Sierra Wireless
                            i have buy from internet this sierra unlocked
                            but after a reset (when power on press and hold wps + power key for 5 second) sierra locked .
                            after i have unlocked with dc-unlocker and now it's ok
                            what happen if i need to reset ?
                            sierra return into lock mode ?
                            thanks
                            Yes, it might relock again. If this happens use same account that you have unlocked it before, it won't require more credits for unlocking same device again.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
                              Yes, it might relock again. If this happens use same account that you have unlocked it before, it won't require more credits for unlocking same device again.
                              thanks good news

Comment

Working...
                              X