modem not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modem not found

I'm sure this is on here somewhere, but I'm not finding it.

I keep getting "modem not found" when starting out trying to find my Netgear Nighthawk 1100. I have removed the SIM, I have connected to my PC with USB, I have connected with a network cable. I have connected with both. Apparently I need the complete idiot's step by step instructions to get the modem found so I can change the IEMI. Help. What am I doing wrong.

Are you using the USB charging cable that comes with the device?
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Pretty sure its the one that came with it.

Comment

Okay, when you connect your device with a charging USB cable under what section in the device manager on a computer does it appear?

Comment

OK, so when I do a hard reboot on the device. Unplug USB and remove battery. For about 2-6 seconds during the reboot, it shows up under "Bluetooth and other devices", then it goes away. If I run the search during this time, I get an error message about two network devices using same gateway mask.

Comment

Ok, so it is IP subnet conflict then. How to change it on windows may check here https://www.digitalcitizen.life/chan...sk-windows-10/ you should also be able to do this on your MR1100 dashboard otherwise if there is such a possibility use the internet, not from WiFi, but connect via Lan cable.

Comment

I changed it from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.240.0 on the dashboard, and it shows the change was made, but the router is behaving the same, still getting this message during the few seconds the router is showing on the devices.
              Two network adapters has same IP subnet! Please change network card or router IP address to different subnet.
              and shows not found after the device is no longer shown on screen.

Comment

Then rever it back to what it was and change the IP after checking both adapters MR1100 and another one through which internet comes through. You may do it by navigating to Network status on a computer, there click on "change adapter options", right-click on the adapter, and select "status" and then details, do the same for another adapter and compare addresses and what duplicates. If IP duplicates you may change it in properties or on the router's dashboard as well.

Comment

I ended up changing the USB port from "Charge only", to "Charge and tether", this made the device detectable. I was able to fix the IMEI. Thanks for helping.

Comment

Well, that's a new one never heard someone solve this problem by doing this but glad to hear it

Comment

Working...
                    X