X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam786 View Post
    Yes. Tell me what to do now.
    Please reply soon.
    What yes? What did you do? Enable port, update firmware, update dashboard?

Comment

Hi Vincentas.
      First of all I connected the modem. It was not detected.
      Then I changed the sim. It got detected & it showed the status that it was unlocked. Then I clicked on the flash option & under it I clicked read dashboard, and then write dashboard, then the processing took place for few seconds and it showed that the flash was successful. And then when I reconnected the modem it is not detected as modem drive in MyComputer. It has lost its software & drivers. Plz help me. Tell me when r u online.

Comment

Hi all..
        If your Vodafone dongle is Software locked then
        here is the guidelines to use the other service provider SIM card with your Vodafone mobile connect application (VMC).
        Basically if you use other SIM cards, VMC wil say "Invalid SIM, please contact customer care"

It is little complex, but I think you can do it easily.

You have to modify the below 3 files on the below location where
        you have installed VMC (Default path is C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband\Opco)
        Here you will find your country name (In my case I selected "India")
        basically you have to add a additional MCC MNC Code (Mobile Country & network code configuration)
        for your SIM card which is non-Vodafone SIM.

You can find out your SIM Card MCC MNC code from your "Customer Support" or from the below URL
        Code:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code
        I have used the SIM card from the Service provider "Airtel" it is from India and the MCC code for my provider is 40492

So in real the MCCMNC config file for Airtel(40492) is missing in the folder "C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband\Opco\India"

So now you have to add the SIM cards MCCMNC configuration into VMC.

just open the below file named "Opcos.XML" for adding the "Airtel" network code details
        C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband\Opco\Opcos.XML
        Backup a copy of your existing file Opcos.xml & edit as per the below example (here My provider is "Airtel")
        Now Delete all the content of the file & add the below 4 lines into it & edit the "CCMNC" code of
        yours SIM provider & "Opco" is the provider name & "country"=your country name

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <Opcos>
        <OpcoEntry CCMNC="40492" Opco="Airtel" Country="India" Phone="9892012345" PhonePrefix="+91" TrunkPrefix="0" DisplayLocalNumber="true" />
        </Opcos>

Now you have to add another 2 new configuration file into VMC on the below location
        C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband\Opco\India
        file 1 should be your SIM card provider "MNC Code.XML" (for me it is 40492.xml) &
        file 2 should be "Opco-your SIM MNC code.xml" (For me it is Opco-40492.xml)

you can see below the example of the file1 40492.xml
        Here you have to edit CCMNC, OPco, Country, Phone Prefix & APN information as per the below example
        Here my 'Airtel" APN is 'airtelgprs.com"
        You just edit & save the file as per your SIM provider requirement.

<OPCO xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
        <BuildVersionInfo>
        <CreationDate>2009-12-04T14:00:01</CreationDate>
        <VersionInfo>10.0.0.19787</VersionInfo>
        </BuildVersionInfo>
        <OpcoData CCMNC="40492" Opco="Airtel" Country="India" Phone="9815051914" PhonePrefix="+91" />
        <APNs DefaultAccount="Prepaid" SwitchMarketSegment="true">
        <APN Account="Prepaid" Apn="airtelgprs.com" HomeOP="" Name="Prepaid" Pass="" I="0" User="">
        <AutoVPN>false</AutoVPN>
        <ConnectionBehaviour>Manual</ConnectionBehaviour>
        <Security>None</Security>
        <Network>AllNetworks</Network>
        </APN>
        <APN Account="Prepaid" Apn="airtelgprs.com" HomeOP="" Name="Prepaid" Pass="" I="0" User="">
        <AutoVPN>false</AutoVPN>
        </APN>
        </APNs>
        </OPCO>

Now the another file 2 which is named "Opco-40492.xml" see the below examples
        here you have to edit only URL address (in my case it is
        Code:
        http://www.airtel.in
        )
        and save the file.

<OPCO xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
        <DisplayNames>
        <GPRS>GPRS</GPRS>
        <G3>3G</G3>
        <HSDPA>3G+</HSDPA>
        <EDGE>EDGE</EDGE>
        </DisplayNames>
        <Features>
        <SavePIN>false</SavePIN>
        <MyLocation>true</MyLocation>
        </Features>
        <Setup>
        <AskReports>false</AskReports>
        <AskAccountType>false</AskAccountType>
        <AskTcpSettings>false</AskTcpSettings>
        </Setup>
        <SimActivation>
        <Phone>123</Phone>
        <Url>http://www.airtel.in</Url>
        </SimActivation>
        <UsageView>
        <Limits>
        <WWAN Data="1000" Time="1200" WarnBefore="true" WarnWhen="true" />
        <WLAN Data="500" WarnBefore="true" WarnWhen="true" />
        </Limits>
        </UsageView>
        </OPCO>

Now you can start VMC with other service provider SIM card and connect to the internet.

You can find the attached file for your reference which I have made for Provider Airtel India. You can download & edit the files as per your requirements.
        kindly share your result..
        Attached Files
        Last edited by forupeople; 2011-01-06, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Hi Vincentas.
          First of all I connected the modem. It was not detected.
          Then I changed the sim. It got detected & it showed the status that it was unlocked. Then I clicked on the flash option & under it I clicked read dashboard, and then write dashboard, then the processing took place for few seconds and it showed that the flash was successful. And then when I reconnected the modem it is not detected as modem drive in MyComputer. It has lost its software & drivers. Plz help me. Tell me when r u online.
          Then you should write opriginal dashboard back. Then one you have readed.

Comment

Hi Vincentas.
            Tell me how to do that.

Comment

Hi Vincentas.
              Tell me how to do that.
              Write the dashboard back that you have read before writting.

Comment

I've seen you modified the ZTE dashboard image.
                Do you know how we can add predefined network profiles to it?

Comment

Dear Razmi,

I was wondering, which dashboard file are you using? Join Air for MF110? Really appreciate your soonest reply.

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by forupeople View Post
                    Hi all..
                    here is the guidelines to use the other service provider SIM card with your Vodafone mobile connect application (VMC).
                    Basically if you use other SIM cards, VMC wil say "Invalid SIM, please contact customer care"

you have installed VMC (Default path is C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband\Opco)
                    basically you have to add a additional MCC MNC Code (Mobile Country & network code configuration)

You can find out your SIM Card MCC MNC code from your "Customer Support" or from the below URL
                    Code:
                    I have used the SIM card from the Service provider "Airtel" it is from India and the MCC code for my provider is 40492

So in real the MCCMNC config file for Airtel(40492) is missing in the folder "C:\Program Files\Vodafone\Vodafone Mobile Broadband\Opco\India"

just open the below file named "Opcos.XML" for adding the "Airtel" network code details
                    Backup a copy of your existing file Opcos.xml & edit as per the below example (here My provider is "Airtel")
                    Now Delete all the content of the file & add the below 4 lines into it & edit the "CCMNC" code of

<Opcos>
                    <OpcoEntry CCMNC="40492" Opco="Airtel" Country="India" Phone="9892012345" PhonePrefix="+91" TrunkPrefix="0" DisplayLocalNumber="true" />
                    </Opcos>

Now you have to add another 2 new configuration file into VMC on the below location
                    file 1 should be your SIM card provider "MNC Code.XML" (for me it is 40492.xml) &

Here you have to edit CCMNC, OPco, Country, Phone Prefix & APN information as per the below example

<BuildVersionInfo>
                    </BuildVersionInfo>
                    <OpcoData CCMNC="40492" Opco="Airtel" Country="India" Phone="9815051914" PhonePrefix="+91" />
                    <AutoVPN>false</AutoVPN>
                    </APN>
                    <AutoVPN>false</AutoVPN>
                    </APN>
                    </APNs>
                    </OPCO>

Code:
                    )
                    and save the file.

<DisplayNames>
                    <GPRS>GPRS</GPRS>
                    <G3>3G</G3>
                    <HSDPA>3G+</HSDPA>
                    <EDGE>EDGE</EDGE>
                    </DisplayNames>
                    <Features>
                    <SavePIN>false</SavePIN>
                    </Features>
                    <Setup>
                    </Setup>
                    <SimActivation>
                    <Phone>123</Phone>
                    </SimActivation>
                    <UsageView>
                    <Limits>
                    </Limits>
                    </UsageView>
                    </OPCO>

Now you can start VMC with other service provider SIM card and connect to the internet.

You can find the attached file for your reference which I have made for Provider Airtel India. You can download & edit the files as per your requirements.
                    Thankyou very much for excellent stuff.
                    Can you expalin what changes to made for BSNL maharastra sim?
                    <Phone>123</Phone> did we change some thing here too/

Comment

hii dude
                      i have a vodafone zte k3570z usb modem i tried to unlock it and did every thing with out any idea i did downloaded zte iso and connection manager which is said in the ********** site and unlocked then i can use other sim card
                      but after few hours i thought to make the zte generic iso replaced with vodafone zte iso then without identifying the title of the process which was written as k3556 something zte modem unlock i used dc unlocker first which doesnt found my virtual modem drive then i downloaded qpst qualcom software and deleted the vodafone iso and written the zte generic iso
                      then after i cant find virtual disk in my removable disk but i can install all the drivers from the modem virtual drive
                      plz can u help me of recovering my virtual drive of my modem . with an detailed illustrated process for the sake of me i want to use my modem in different computers so its important to have the virtual drive ( plug and play option)
                      plz give me reply as soon as possible with required links and softwares
                      u can also reply me at [email protected] plz help me
                      Last edited by Vincentas; 2011-04-30, 09:04 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Originally posted by forupeople View Post
                        Hi all..

Code:

<Opcos>
                        </Opcos>

<BuildVersionInfo>
                        </BuildVersionInfo>
                        <AutoVPN>false</AutoVPN>
                        </APN>
                        <AutoVPN>false</AutoVPN>
                        </APN>
                        </APNs>
                        </OPCO>

Code:
                        )
                        and save the file.

<DisplayNames>
                        <GPRS>GPRS</GPRS>
                        <G3>3G</G3>
                        <HSDPA>3G+</HSDPA>
                        <EDGE>EDGE</EDGE>
                        </DisplayNames>
                        <Features>
                        <SavePIN>false</SavePIN>
                        </Features>
                        <Setup>
                        </Setup>
                        <SimActivation>
                        <Phone>123</Phone>
                        </SimActivation>
                        <UsageView>
                        <Limits>
                        </Limits>
                        </UsageView>
                        </OPCO>

As you can see here both mobile no is different.

Code:

<BuildVersionInfo>
                          </BuildVersionInfo>
                        As I think this both for airtel as you already checked, let us know what's the phone numbers for BSNL, TATADOCOMO, IDEA Etc. if you know or from where we can get this number.

Waiting for you reply

Comment

forupeople you are very smart in moding ZTE software.
                          How to Edit data1.cab files in Join air installer ?

Comment

plzzz any expert can help me how connect modem by another sim. i have unlocked it...
                            v need any other setup for another sim. bcs in vodafone setup there is no opyion to change there sim setting.............

Comment

Originally posted by kush202020 View Post
                              plzzz any expert can help me how connect modem by another sim. i have unlocked it...
                              v need any other setup for another sim. bcs in vodafone setup there is no opyion to change there sim setting.............
                              With unlocked modem you need to use not customized software and enter your new provider conenction settings (APN, username and others).

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
                                With unlocked modem you need to use not customized software and enter your new provider conenction settings (APN, username and others).
                                when i chaek status it shows simlock unlock......and when i put other network sim...its sim not athorised.......plzz contact service provider.......

Comment

Working...
                                X