Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: Need a 4G mifi SIM reader

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and i have a question, in my area a company sells a 4G SIM card that can only work on mobile devices (not on any other mifi routers and even the company's mifi device) now i need a mifi device that can read this 4G SIM card so that i can share internet using the device not my own phone, and i think the ISP is doing this by reading MAC address of the device that you put the SIM card in it in order to check weather it is a mobile device or not, or maybe another way , any suggestion ?

Thanks in Advance!

Hello Dears,

Any updates for me?

Thanks

Comment

you may want to use one of these routers i have used them in the past and it is seen as a tablet by the isp Zbtlink WE826-T2 4G LTE Router these are not the fasest but they will work in a pinch

Last edited by Valdemaras; 2023-10-04, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Hello Raviyar I think the ISP is restricting the SIM card to mobile devices possibly by checking the MAC address or another identifier.
        Here is my suggestions:

Advanced MiFi devices have the capability to spoof the MAC address, which leads the ISP to believe that the SIM card is part of a mobile device. Seek out a MiFi router that has this functionality enabled.
        Use smartphone that has a built in hotspot function. With the SIM card, some older or less restrictive mobile hotspots may still function.An answer may occasionally be found by getting in touch with the ISP and stating your requirement for a MiFi device. They might provide a workaround or have equipment that work.

​Hope this will helps you

Comment

Working...
        X