Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will HCU resolve my issue (EMUI report Software failed to due to incompatibility)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will HCU resolve my issue (EMUI report Software failed to due to incompatibility)

I've been downloading VNS-L31C432Bxxx for my Huawei P9 Lite.....but hitting all manner of upgrade problems, I can get to B161, but when try going to nougat (B371), EMUI reports "Software failed - compatibility problem"...I've been trying for 4 nights. Just ran HCU &here's what it is showing for my phone...

Firmware ver.: VNS-C900B161
    SN: 4TE7N16B10005027
    PCB SN: 7N3RUP16B2109097
    Vendor: hw
    FASTBOOTallas-Trunk_FASTBOOT
    BOOTallas-Trunk_BOOT
    RECOVERYunknow)
    SYSTEM:VNS-L31C900B161_SYSTEM
    MAINVER:VNS-C900B161
    DATAVERunknow)
    APTIME:Wed Nov 9 18:30:14 CST 2016
    CUSTTIME:Wed Nov 9 19:36:24 CST 2016

I'm in the UK, I've been selecting VNS-L31BC432 for all my firmware upgrade Via Firmware Finder) ...so I'm a bit puzzled at the above

Any ideas how to resolve, so that I can use C432 nougat?

Do not know, you may need to repair vendor/country so that they match new firmware ones that you trying to flash into your phone.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Just bought HCU/DC Phoenix for 3 days, here's what it reads (I've asterixed out the IMEI), from my P9 Lite...

Model: VNS-L31
      MEID: 00000000000000
      pESN: 80F28490
      IMEI: **********************
      IMEI2: *********************
      IMEI3: *********************
      IMEISV: 61
      Firmware ver.: VNS-C900B161
      SN: 4TE7N16B10005027
      PCB SN: 7N3RUP16B2109097
      WiFi MAC: 00:5A:13:2F:85:4A
      BlueTooth MAC: 00:5A:13:2F:8B:3E
      Vendor: hw
      FASTBOOTallas-Trunk_FASTBOOT
      BOOTallas-Trunk_BOOT
      RECOVERYunknow)
      SYSTEM:VNS-L31C900B161_SYSTEM
      MAINVER:VNS-C900B161
      DATAVERunknow)
      APTIME:Wed Nov 9 18:30:14 CST 2016
      CUSTTIME:Wed Nov 9 19:36:24 CST 2016
      RAM: 3G
      eMMC: 16G

...my problem is I can't upgrade to nougat (most firmware upgrade attempts result in "Software Failed" - stuck on VNS-C900B161) - I see the DATAVERunknow) - is that significant?

Comment

Either upgrade does not fit your phone version model or need to repair country/vendor accordingly to new full stock rom + update file to match.

Comment

Alas, I've now paid out twice for 3 day licenses ...

1. Initially just for DC phoenix (thinking I would be able to get my phone up to Nougat) - to no avail (verList failures)

2. For DC-Phoenix + HCU ...but no matter which ROM I use nor which combination of vendor & country codes...I still get software fail.

I've spent 34 EUR ....which seems like a lot of money becaring in mind I'm no further forward with my phone!

I've spent the guts of two weeks on this & have decided to to stay on Marshmallow, as I can't justify any more time or expense on this :-(

My DC Phoenix login is HankMcSpank ...if you feel inclined to refund me back my initial 15EUR (on the basis that it didn't work for me .....& then re-purchased + HCU @ 19EUR, which still hasn't work) then that would be very welcome :-)

Comment

What files you were trying to flash into your phone? It's extremely rare that phone could not be flashed into another version unless incorrect data was repaired.

Comment

I've literally tried about 20 stock versions (I have only one simple requirement - to get my P9 Lite upgraded to Nougat). Like I say, I purchased a 3 day dc phoenix license - thinking that would get me there - nope.

I then did more research (& collected my thoughts)...&* came toe conclusion that I probably needed to buy phoenix + HCU combined ....so purchased that 3 day license (which expires today I think) & spent most of the weekend trying all manner of vendor code/country code permutations ...along with many stock roms (including the nougat firmware downloaded from your support site)....all failed with verlist partition .....your guide says when this happens (verlist error) I need a stock rom - that's all I've been using! I've made sure the capitalization was correct & the vendor/ country entered correctly - I'm exhausted, but ultimately phoenix & HCU hasn't helped.

The reason I kept coming back to it, was your declaration....

"DC Phoenix allows to flash any file into phone, it is not being validated by our software or by phone - be very careful what you write into your device!"

...I took that to mean, I'd be able to flash nougat without getting software failed.

The support guide was of little help to me...in fact at once stage my phone was sort of bricked & dc phoneix didn't recover ...I had to load TWRP & use fastboot commands to load the flash with different img files.

So I'm feeling a bit out of pocket at 1 x 15EUR (dc phoenix) then 1 x19EUR (dc phoenix + HCU) ...end result my P( lite is still on Marshmallow :-(

Comment

DC-phoenix definitely flashes any file into phone while it is in fastboot. Upgrade mode is independent from other tools, it's same as from sd card. Regardless will wait until you provide your username so we can check it...

Comment

Working...
                X