No Network with Modem Connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Network with Modem Connected

Trying to repair IMEI on Netgear Nighthawk MR1100, won't happen. Steps to reproduce:

1. Start laptop connected to excellent WiFi internet connection
    2. Start DC Unlocker software, logon to server--successful, credits shown
    3. Plug in USB cable between Netgear modem and USB port on laptop
    4. Internet connection for laptop vanishes, can't load any website and
    5. When clicking OK in DC Unlocker software to repair IMEI, it attempts to (again) check my account and of course it fails because there is no longer an internet connection

Software is supposed to work with this device, so either there is a problem with that or someone knows a trick that isn't shown in the tutorial. Thanks for any help....

I see you were able to connect and use service successfully now.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Yes, and it worked perfectly! Many thanks for a very effective and useful product....

Comment

I literally have this exact same problem. I’ve no idea. If I enable pass through I immediately lose internet on my laptop. If I don’t, internet is fine, but the program detects no modem. So can anyone share the solution? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonPilot View Post
          I literally have this exact same problem. I’ve no idea. If I enable pass through I immediately lose internet on my laptop. If I don’t, internet is fine, but the program detects no modem. So can anyone share the solution? Thanks!
          The problem, in general, is connection priorities on a computer since it does not know which adapter to use when there are multiple so it uses the one with the highest priority. I assume you are using wifi for connection, most of such problems are solved by connecting the internet via ethernet cable. If no such possibility is available for you, you will need to go through settings on your computer to adjust priorities: Instructions and multiple ways to do so can be found here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ers-windows-10

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post

The problem, in general, is connection priorities on a computer since it does not know which adapter to use when there are multiple so it uses the one with the highest priority. I assume you are using wifi for connection, most of such problems are solved by connecting the internet via ethernet cable. If no such possibility is available for you, you will need to go through settings on your computer to adjust priorities: Instructions and multiple ways to do so can be found here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ers-windows-10
            Yea, no. That doesn’t work at all. If you try access the router without a sim, and no ip pass through, it won’t see the router. If you try to access the router without a sim and ip pass through enabled, it sees the router fine and will let you “repair” the IMEI, but then you can’t access the router to turn off ip pass through, because ip pass through disables the routers wifi, leaving you no way to access the router, as there’s no sim. You can’t try any “repair” with a SIM card in, because that “bad” IMEI gets transmitted to the ISP who will then ban you for trying to use a router, instead of a phone…..which is why you’d want to change the IMEI in the 1st place. The absolute worse part is, the “repair” won’t survive a factory reset, so it’s not “writing” or “repairing” anything permanently. A factory reset is the only way to be able to regain access to the admin page of the router, in order to shut off ip pass through and as I’ve already mentioned, the “old” IMEI will be back, as if you never did a thing.

Comment

Oh, and since I realize I forgot to address the metrics, I did change them.

Comment

There has to be no sim in the device during repair as written in the repair guide, all setup or whatever you want to change on the device must be done before. Have you checked in the command shell if metrics were applied correctly as per provided guide, it is necessary to check and be sure that your Netgear device has a lower priority than your internet adapter? Also, are you currently using WiFi or ethernet cable for internet source?

Comment

There has to be no sim in the device during repair as written in the repair guide, all setup or whatever you want to change on the device must be done before. Have you checked in the command shell if metrics were applied correctly as per provided guide, it is necessary to check and be sure that your Netgear device has a lower priority than your internet adapter? Also, are you currently using WiFi or ethernet cable for internet source?
                  I’m well aware there needed to be no sim in the device, which is why I mentioned no sim in the steps I tried. Metrics were applied and confirmed to be correct. My Netgear is at 2, my wifi is at 1. I cant use wired connection as my RJ45 connector is being used to connect to the Netgear.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonPilot View Post

I’m well aware there needed to be no sim in the device, which is why I mentioned no sim in the steps I tried. Metrics were applied and confirmed to be correct. My Netgear is at 2, my wifi is at 1. I cant use wired connection as my RJ45 connector is being used to connect to the Netgear.
                    You need to use a charging cable to connect netgear to pc not ethernet cable. Also metric or netgear should be like on 5 to be sure. Servicing device via rj45 won't work, even if detected.

Comment

Let us know if you still face the issue with software closing upon logging in or if it works while using a charging cable for detection.

Comment

So the Windows computer Im trying to use is Windows 11 and many of the steps in your suggestion are specific to Windows 10, do you have instructions for 11?

Comment

This helped me get there. https://youtu.be/kNZ7xAL9SUs

Comment

Working...
                          X