Refund request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refund request

Hi! I bought credits to unlock Huawei E8372h, but seems that it cannot be unlocked. Reports "Error code 37". Is it possible to get refund? If it is' the account name is JokinenK.

Hello, refund now completed. Yes, this error indicates unsupported firmware.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
      Hello, refund now completed. Yes, this error indicates unsupported firmware.
      Thank you! If it will be supported at some point I will try again.

Comment

Hello, I also bought credits to unlock Huawei E8372h-608, that is straight out of the box and never ever signed yet to any network (locked to Telstra Network, Australia), but I have tried to do DC-Unlocker as administrator, normal user, with and without Anti-virus software running, with out any SIM card inserted, with a non-network compatible SIM inserted, but each time nothing. Just keep getting the message below. If you cant suggest anything else I must do before unlocking, can I get a refund too please?

My User Name is Soco01

================================================== =================

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1396

Detecting modem :

selection :
        manufacturer - Huawei modems
        model - Huawei AuthVer 4 modem (New)

Selected Applications port COM4

Found modem : E8372
        Model : Huawei AuthVer 4 modem (New)
        IMEI : 866280027237289
        Serial NR. : R7EDU17613002130
        Firmware : 21.180.19.00.302
        Dashboard version : WEBUI_17.100.07.12.302_RE5
        SIM Lock status : Locked (Card Lock)
        Wrong codes entered : 4 (unlock attempts left : 6)

Unlocking, please wait ...

AT command error

Error code 37

unlock failed !

Thank you for any advice or refund.

Comment

being solved via live support chat.
          >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Yes, thank you Valdemaras. We did solve the unlocking via live chat, downgraded the firmware (to 21.110.99.04.00, that you sent a link to me) and then it unlocked easy. However it did appear to 'brick' the device. When restarting it - it made the audible 'bing bong' computer noise as it does when a device is connected, but no lights would come on the device, it wouldn't show on Device Manager or get detected by DC-Unlocker, or anything similar, like boot/flashing programs.

I am very happy to say though, that I have since been able to resurrect it. I found, after more 'surfing of the net' and 'Googling', by dismantling it and shorting the boot pin while powering it up allowed the thing to show up again in Device Manger. Once my computer could see the device I was able to run another firmware version, (E8372h-608_Update_21.200.13.00.00_Universal). This seemed to do the job and I had all the lights back and a fully functioning, unlocked device again! I have tested it on two different carriers in Australia and am confident it will work across all the Australian telcos.

The only thing I can think that caused the issue, was that I either had a 'glitch' in the firmware downgrade (but it didn't happen until after it was unlocked), OR, that particular firmware version didn't like my Australian based network (it was originally a Telstra locked device). Once I was able to update it to the 'Universal' version I found, that seemed to make all the difference.

In any event, you r time and patience on the live chat was very much appreciated, you do an awesome job and I hope that my experience with bringing back to life a seemingly dead device, may assist others.

Cheers,
            Last edited by Soco01; 2018-04-07, 11:07 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar correction

Comment

Originally posted by Soco01 View Post
              Yes, thank you Valdemaras. We did solve the unlocking via live chat, downgraded the firmware (to 21.110.99.04.00, that you sent a link to me) and then it unlocked easy. However it did appear to 'brick' the device. When restarting it - it made the audible 'bing bong' computer noise as it does when a device is connected, but no lights would come on the device, it wouldn't show on Device Manager or get detected by DC-Unlocker, or anything similar, like boot/flashing programs.

I am very happy to say though, that I have since been able to resurrect it. I found, after more 'surfing of the net' and 'Googling', by dismantling it and shorting the boot pin while powering it up allowed the thing to show up again in Device Manger. Once my computer could see the device I was able to run another firmware version, (E8372h-608_Update_21.200.13.00.00_Universal). This seemed to do the job and I had all the lights back and a fully functioning, unlocked device again! I have tested it on two different carriers in Australia and am confident it will work across all the Australian telcos.

The only thing I can think that caused the issue, was that I either had a 'glitch' in the firmware downgrade (but it didn't happen until after it was unlocked), OR, that particular firmware version didn't like my Australian based network (it was originally a Telstra locked device). Once I was able to update it to the 'Universal' version I found, that seemed to make all the difference.

In any event, you r time and patience on the live chat was very much appreciated, you do an awesome job and I hope that my experience with bringing back to life a seemingly dead device, may assist others.

Cheers,
              Thank you for information. Glad that it has worked for you.

Comment

Working...
              X