Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E5776s-32 generic dashboard?

Hi,

I bought a Huawei E5776 ( model E5776s-32 ) from a French provider Bouygues Telecom.
    The modem is simlocked, but it's not my first and urgent concern... the concern is to get a generic dashboard for it, because the one customized by Bouygues doesn't allow :
    - changing the admin user name and the admin password (no option for that in the "System" tab of the management page)
    - accessing the microSD card (the microSD tab in the dashboard simply is not present, there are no options to enable/disable the microSD sharing on the management page)

One can access the microSD when the modem is connected via USB, but it's completely invisible (sharing disabled I guess) when over Wifi...

So I'd like to be able to use the modem (even still locked to Bouygues) with all its functions, including changing the admin password and giving access to the microSD card to all connected devices, as it is designed for.

I was wondering whether I'd be able to use a generic Huawei dasboard, and in case it was possible, how to do that exactly ? Which version of the dashboard? How would I need to install it? etc...
    My PC is running Windows 7 64-bits.

Also, in the future, will DC-Unlocker support the E5776s-32?

Thanks for any answer!

----
    Here are the settings detected by DC-Unlocker:

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0975

Detecting modem :

selection :
    manufacturer - Huawei modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : B710D0
    Model : _Unknown Huawei modem_
    IMEI : 866089*************
    Serial NR. : Q7G6RA92C0601742
    Firmware : 21.202.15.00.479
    Compile date / time : Nov 15 2012 17:54:45
    Hardware ver. : CL2E5776SM
    Dashboard version : UTPS1.11.01.479_MAC1.11.01.479
    Voice feature : unknown(read failed)(read failed)
    SIM Lock status : unlocked
    Wrong codes entered : 0 (unlock attempts left : 10)

---------
    DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0987

Detecting modem :

selection :
    manufacturer - Huawei modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : E5776sCUST-B02C479
    IMEI : 866089*********
    Serial NR. : Q7G6RA92C0601742
    Firmware : 11.126.60.63.00
    Compile date / time : Nov 15 2012 17:55:31
    Chipset : HiSilicon
    SIM Lock status : Locked (Card Lock)
    Wrong codes entered : 0 (unlock attempts left : 10)

sorry, this modem not supported !

If you have mdoem with you, please contact us by livbe chat on working hours from Monday to Friday from 11 to 17 gmt+2 and we would be able to check more and maybe we would be able to make it supported.

Comment

Hello and thanks for the fast answer.

Yes, I have the modem with me.

I'll try and contact you via the live chat right away!

Thank you!

Comment

E5776s-32 now unlocked!

Hi again,

Thanks to the excellent work and effort of Vincentas & team, and after trials of a few betas of DC-Unlocker, my E5776s-32 (originally Bouygues Telecom simlocked) is now unlocked!

So DC-Unlocker will (soon I guess) add support for this model.

Thank you a lot for your great help, Vincentas!

Now back to hunting a proper and complete dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by dark_line View Post
          Hi again,

Thanks to the excellent work and effort of Vincentas & team, and after trials of a few betas of DC-Unlocker, my E5776s-32 (originally Bouygues Telecom simlocked) is now unlocked!

So DC-Unlocker will (soon I guess) add support for this model.

Thank you a lot for your great help, Vincentas!

Now back to hunting a proper and complete dashboard
          tell us how please

Comment

Originally posted by alhashmi View Post
            tell us how please
            If you have modem with you and dc-unlocker dongle, please contact us by live chat on working hour from Monday to Friday from 11 to 17 gmt+2 and we will be able to test unlock.

Comment

Huawei E5776s is now supported by dc-unlocker. You can download latest version that supports this model here - https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/get/yKpY7NkO .
              >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

hello there - did someone ever manage to get a stock rom / firmware for the e5776 (e5776s-32) or at least found a way to get access to a full, unbranded dashboard? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by francois View Post
                  hello there - did someone ever manage to get a stock rom / firmware for the e5776 (e5776s-32) or at least found a way to get access to a full, unbranded dashboard? thanks!
                  Hi,

Same problem for me...
                  Any news ?

CJ

Comment

Genic dashboard

Found a fix. It's an update from the German Huawei site.
                    http://huaweidevices.de/e5776?show=downloads but it's multi-language!

There's also pdf with instructions - first need to install the Update_UT* (drivers) and then the e5776_Update*.

If it asks for flash code, you can generate it here: http://www.**********.

My Huawei e5776 was on the EE network and the EE dashboard was annoying

I downloaded the update from the german site. Then connected my Huawei e5776 to my computer by usb.
                    Then I opened the update and it started to install the drivers. A message came up on the modem about not disconnecting it from the usb or something to that affect. Then the update asks for a code. enter in the flash code that is gereted in the link. All done!!!!

When I entered the http://192.168.1.1 address I now have the generic Huawei dashboard. English was already set. When I went in to settings and checked update, it says I now how the latest update.

Only thing I noticed that was different from playing around with settings was you can't see the contents of the sd card in usb on the dashboard sharing section. Doesn't matter because you can see the card contents in my 'my computer' anyway via usb. Works fine in web share mode. Only other thing I noticed was in settings>WLAN Advanced Settings>Wifi bandwidth, you have the 20MHz and 40MHz bandwidths but not the 20/40MHz option but have not had any issues. Not I have full access to my device and love my new generic dashboard.
                    Last edited by Vincentas; 2014-01-21, 10:45 AM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Huawei generic dashboard fix

Forgot to mention the modem was an unlocked EE item before I installed the German update. Glad I did it. Makes it so much handier for swapping different network sims now now I don't have any annoying 'roaming' icons or pop up reminder showing on the dashboard or R on the modem. It's the little things that get to me!!!

Comment

Hello dark_line, Everybody
                        I just got a Huawei E5776 device and I would be glad to have unbranded firmware with ussd menu, multi language, wifinetworks, ...
                        I've read that such a firmware was available on huaweidevices.de/e5776?show = downloads
                        but this link no longer exists now ...

Could anyone please help with the firmware downloaded when this link was still valid? or any other solution? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieux Premier View Post
                          Hello dark_line, Everybody
                          I just got a Huawei E5776 device and I would be glad to have unbranded firmware with ussd menu, multi language, wifinetworks, ...
                          I've read that such a firmware was available on huaweidevices.de/e5776?show = downloads
                          but this link no longer exists now ...

Could anyone please help with the firmware downloaded when this link was still valid? or any other solution? Thanks in advance
                          Firmware files that we have yoiu can find here: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/file-lis...platform/E5776
                          Please note, firmware writing may damage your device. Do this on your own risk and be sure that you know that firmware fits to your modem.

Comment

Thanks Vincentas. After downloading dc unlocker client, how to download a firmware from the list please?

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieux Premier View Post
                              Thanks Vincentas. After downloading dc unlocker client, how to download a firmware from the list please?
                              Please read, there should be description written. Need to use access support area in software and after locate firmware there.

Comment

Working...
                              X