X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shyemann View Post
    @305dragster:
    i'm very sorry if i mislead you.. before reflashing to a different firmware i was already able to enable voice via the first post by Arunas. however you may try this firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nmzxzywhi24

provided by my service provider since they were enabling the voice feature in our existing modems. firmware version is 11.609.10.00 for e160.
    MY e160 is already voice enabled. The problem is it crashes my computer when i insert it to one of my usb port. With the other port, it is okay. I am puzzled why??? I upgraded it to 11.608.13.00.156 that I got from your earlier post. I also noticed that it now has support for a "Data Card"???? Yes, it can act like a data card. In the dashboard it has a selection for a "RAS Modem" and "NDIS". I have never seen this before with other modems.

Should i go ahead and upgrade to 11.609.10.00????

Panatar/Arunas.......do you have any opinion on this??? Thanks for any input!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by oddyseus View Post
      Can i still use the generic dashboard from huawei? or flashing to ur dashboard is a must?
      You can use the generic dashboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by panatar View Post
        You can use the generic dashboard.
        The CALL icon doesn't appear in E1550 Generic Mobile Partner from Official Huawei Site.

Comment

• Originally posted by oddyseus View Post
          The CALL icon doesn't appear in E1550 Generic Mobile Partner from Official Huawei Site.

Comment

• Found modem : E1552
            Model : Huawei E1552
            IMEI : 353143030664404
            Firmware : 11.608.12.04.21
            Dashboard version : UTPS11.300.05.02.158_MAC11.301.06.00.158
            Serial NR. : Y94CAA1960806353
            SIM Lock status : unlocked
            Voice feature : disabled
            Wrong codes entered : 2 (unlock attempts left : 8)

================================================== =================

I tried to update the firmware but this error pops up:

"The source version is not compatible with the target version before upgrading please input the password:"

how to get the password?

Comment

• Re-password request

Originally posted by otaconremo View Post
              Found modem : E1552
              Model : Huawei E1552
              IMEI : 353143030664404
              Firmware : 11.608.12.04.21
              Dashboard version : UTPS11.300.05.02.158_MAC11.301.06.00.158
              Serial NR. : Y94CAA1960806353
              Wrong codes entered : 2 (unlock attempts left : 8)

I tried to update the firmware but this error pops up:

"The source version is not compatible with the target version before upgrading please input the password:"

how to get the password?
              ================================================== =
              The firmware requests for a 'flashing code' which is different from unlock code. Try to request the flashing code/password for your data card from any GSM forum that provides unlocking service through IMEI.

Comment

• Actually I was trying to search the net on who can generate this flashing code which brings me to this site. I'm aware that the unlock code and the flashing code aren't the same as you can see my data card is already unlocked.
                I want to activate the voice function of the data card but the only way to do this is to flash a new firmware. Hope anyone here can generate a code or at least point me to a site that can generate one.
                I really need help on this one because my card is unusable as of the moment. My previous attempt to flash to E155XUpdate_11.608.12.04.21.B416 takes the registration out. Now I can't register to any network.

Comment

• download dc unlocker client and use the account given in the first post. you could then read the firmware code of your modem in the unlocking tab..

Comment

• Thanks for the tip.
                    However, my problem was already solved. Panatar already helped me out and I'm very thankful for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arunas View Post
                      We want to test new feature - voice call functions activation.
                      Voice can be activated on Huawei E156, E160, E1550, E1552 and other modems with beta DC-unlocker version. We think it must work on all from E160 ant later models.
                      For voice activation, your modem must have voice function in firmware. To check this, you need to detect modem with DC unlocker, and will see if voice is disabled, enabled or there is no way to enable in this firmware.
                      WARNING voice activation will disable huawei virtual CD-rom and SD card slot.
                      To enable CD-ROM and memory card you need send AT command AT^U2DIAG=255 or AT^U2DIAG=276 . BUT sending this command may disable voice function again. So on part modems you may need to choose voice or CD-rom.
                      More about CD, SD, SC, UI, M and other function enable and disable you can read here:

This beta voice function activation is free to all (only for test period maybe for few days) and only for advanced users, come without any warranty.

Beta version (updated 0413) :

Mobile partner with voice and ussd functions

You can use your dongle, personal username or if dont have :

User name: free
                      Password: voice

Please report here what modem model, firmware version you enabled voice, what U2DIAG helped you to restore CD, SD and not disabled voice.

UPDATE:
                      Added feature for easy AT command sending to modem, simply detect modem, and enter AT command in message windows and press enter.

While trying to enable voice... I kept getting this error:

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0416

Detecting card :

selection :
                      manufacturer - Huawei datacards
                      model - Auto detect

Found modem : E160X
                      Model : Huawei E160/E160G/E160X
                      IMEI : 355856025571924
                      Firmware : 11.609.10.00.158
                      Dashboard version : UTPS11.300.05.18.158_MAC11.301.06.09.158
                      Serial NR. : DY5TAA1922009076
                      Wrong codes entered : 0 (unlock attempts left : 10)

Activating voice for Huawei datacards Huawei E160/E160G/E160X ...

Error connecting to server !

Does the username and password still works?

Comment

• Originally posted by boyfren View Post
                        While trying to enable voice... I kept getting this error:

Does the username and password still works?
                        Yes they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by panatar View Post
                          Yes they do.
                          Tried it at home and it worked thanks. Firewalled internet connection has some problems connecting to the server.

Comment

• Many thanks
                            Huawei e1550 voice activated.

thank you.

Comment

• E180 doesn't accept AT^U2DIAG command

Hi there,

I successfully unlocked and activated voice on my E180, and lost CD and SD card access, as usual.

The problem is that I can't reactivate cd CD and SD functions with the following AT commands:
                              AT^U2DIAG=255
                              AT^U2DIAG=256
                              AT^U2DIAG=276

In the dc-unlocker program it doesn't give me back the OK message and in hyperterminal it says ERROR.

I really need the CD an d SD functions (more than voice...) and I can't see how to overcome this problem!

Any help?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by filomix View Post
                                Hi there,

I successfully unlocked and activated voice on my E180, and lost CD and SD card access, as usual.

The problem is that I can't reactivate cd CD and SD functions with the following AT commands:
                                AT^U2DIAG=255
                                AT^U2DIAG=256
                                AT^U2DIAG=276

In the dc-unlocker program it doesn't give me back the OK message and in hyperterminal it says ERROR.

I really need the CD an d SD functions (more than voice...) and I can't see how to overcome this problem!

Any help?

Thanks
                                Have you tried to restart the pc?

Comment

Working...
                                X