PHOENIX+HCU erased NV, OEMINFO, missing imei2, weird FW versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOENIX+HCU erased NV, OEMINFO, missing imei2, weird FW versions

hello all. thanks to my stupidity, i break my P9lite. i had working vns-l21c185b360 . it has some bug so i dediced to upgrade to most recently b370 with my closer region c432 (hw/eu) . but i made big mistake and i flashed oeminfo from some p9 phone. result: phone was clinically dead , only fastboot works. so i needs to tried DC software (for first time).

with phoenix i was able to flash some firmwares but i was unable to boot on it. DC recognizes only wrong oeminfos p9 devices. so i tried to erase oeminfo with factory firmware. after that i finally get some real info. but i was still using c900 customization, and i was not able to flash any custom recovery (for flash oeminfo for c432). recovery + boot was flashed but after reboot there was still only stock firmwares (i dont understand why). so i tried to erase everything with factory firmware.

i used HCU to write IMEI1, serial and customization (which was empty). but i havent imei2 and so on. im able to flash B120-B160 from phones erecovery. b210 is possible flash only from DC. all other results in erecoverys version check failed or bootloop at startup. funny part is, phone shows FW c432 but this is output from HCU:

HCU from running phone:

Model: VNS-L21
    MEID: 00000000000000
    pESN: 00000000
    IMEI: 86...02
    IMEI2: 000000000000000
    IMEISV: 00
    Firmware ver.: VNS-C900B160
    SN: 9...5
    PCB SN: MCNSNOK75R655124
    Vendor: hw
    FASTBOOTallas-Trunk_FASTBOOT
    BOOTallas-Trunk_BOOT
    RECOVERYunknow)
    SYSTEM:VNS-L21C900B160_SYSTEM
    MAINVER:VNS-C900B160
    DATAVERunknow)
    APTIME:Wed Nov 9 18:39:25 CST 2016
    CUSTTIME:Wed Nov 9 19:10:33 CST 2016
    RAM: 2G
    eMMC: 16G

IMEI 1 Sim Lock status:
    NET: unlocked
    NETSUB: unlocked
    SP: unlocked

HCU from bootloader:

Model: HUAWEI VNS-L21
    IMEI: 8...2
    Firmware ver.: VNS-L21C432B160
    SN: 9...5

IMEI:000000000000000 <-this is imei2 ?
    FB LockState: UNLOCKED
    USER LockState: LOCKED
    unlocked
    Battery state: 4413mv

so there is c900 . after NV erase im unable to flash anything from fastboot: FAILED (remote: image verification error) . oemunlock doesnt work, "wrong password". so i supposing, there is still wrong imei or what.

in worst case, i think, i can exist with phone in this status (i dont tried it with SIM card), but i would like to fix it to some better conditions.

have you got any ideas or tip or something? im really newbie with DC softwares so maybe i just made some trivial bullshit somewhere

PS: i cant flash your VNS-L21_C432B370_Firmware_Serbia_Romania_Austria_Bosni a_and_Herzegovina_Czech_Republic_Moldova.APP, i get timeout od out of memory errors in any mode.
    Last edited by triptaminer; 2017-09-10, 09:29 PM.

After flashing factory firmware you need to flash full stock rom and update data customization file to your phone and only then repair with HCU, after repairing with HCU will be possible to read new bootloader code which changes after full repair. If you do not have original full stock rom of your phone can request one here: https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum/...-firmware-here
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Hi Valdemaras. thank you for reply. in download section is VNS-L21_C432B370_Firmware_Serbia_Romania_Austria_Bosni a_and_Herzegovina_Czech_Republic_Moldova.APP and smaller update file. i tried to flash bigger VNS-L21_C432B370... but phoenix 35 returns out-of-memory error and 39 cannot even open this firmware (timeout while accessing file). if i switched phone to download mode, it refuses update after flashing VERSION.img . i try it again, when i come home. btw, if update.zip contains update.app and some files (for example update of /system folder) is it possible to flash with phoenix in download/update mode or i need to use sd card?

Comment

Originally posted by triptaminer View Post
        Hi Valdemaras. thank you for reply. in download section is VNS-L21_C432B370_Firmware_Serbia_Romania_Austria_Bosni a_and_Herzegovina_Czech_Republic_Moldova.APP and smaller update file. i tried to flash bigger VNS-L21_C432B370... but phoenix 35 returns out-of-memory error and 39 cannot even open this firmware (timeout while accessing file). if i switched phone to download mode, it refuses update after flashing VERSION.img . i try it again, when i come home. btw, if update.zip contains update.app and some files (for example update of /system folder) is it possible to flash with phoenix in download/update mode or i need to use sd card?
        Can flash other update.app files via dc-phoenix. It's odd that our files do not open on latest v39 version. (They won't work on v35 but must work on v39), could you make a screenshot with that error when this firmware files is selected please?

Comment

as i wrote before, versions 120 - 160 should be flashed without problem. when i come from work, i can send send you screenshots. an if DC has some --verbose parameter, i can send it too. just let me know how to access to detailed logs.

Comment

here are screens. .35 cant open file and .39 fails after VERLIST, phone shows update failed with link to web with recover page. DC then print processing and after few minutes tries next image (even if i physically disconnect phone from PC).
            Attached Files

Comment

here are screens. .35 cant open file and .39 fails after VERLIST, phone shows update failed with link to web with recover page. DC then print processing and after few minutes tries next image (even if i physically disconnect phone from PC).
              Uploaded original files VNS-L21_C185B360 of your phone, maybe they will help for you as a last chance.

Comment

thank you, im downloading it while im at work... ill let u know if it helps... but because im comming from b185, i think it is good idea to try it again... thank you again for this point.

Ok, my credits expires so i take few days vacation from it. atleast on weekend i try it again. until then, i try flash it from phone, we will see...
                Last edited by triptaminer; 2017-09-13, 10:39 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Hi Valdemaras, thank you for your help, but im still unable to fully fix my phone. i tried even c185, when i flash b360, DC cannot flash all files in upgrade mode. if i let phone to boot up, after few minutes od screen with warning about orange "unlocked device , cannot be trusted", it reboots to fastboot with reboot reason:
                  BFM_S_NATIVE_DATA_FAIL
                  NA
                  reboot_panic_and_wdt_process_func
                  PHONE UNLOCKED
                  FRP Unlock
                  i think, all of it is still caused by my very first mistake - wrong OEMINFO.img ... i think, you know DCU process, so maybe you can give me hint, how tu use DCU to flash correct OEMINFO partition into device :/ because of "not-fully-unlocked" bootloader, im unable to flash any non-original partition to phone, so i also cannot root it . right now im using this phone on c185b150, it is fully usable (i mean, it is working modem/radio) . in worst case, i may use it until i save some money on new phone :/ i open to any ideas what you have but i dont want to open phone for testpoint, im not very handly for this type of operations

Comment

Hi Valdemaras, thank you for your help, but im still unable to fully fix my phone. i tried even c185, when i flash b360, DC cannot flash all files in upgrade mode. if i let phone to boot up, after few minutes od screen with warning about orange "unlocked device , cannot be trusted", it reboots to fastboot with reboot reason:
                    BFM_S_NATIVE_DATA_FAIL
                    NA
                    reboot_panic_and_wdt_process_func
                    PHONE UNLOCKED
                    FRP Unlock
                    i think, all of it is still caused by my very first mistake - wrong OEMINFO.img ... i think, you know DCU process, so maybe you can give me hint, how tu use DCU to flash correct OEMINFO partition into device :/ because of "not-fully-unlocked" bootloader, im unable to flash any non-original partition to phone, so i also cannot root it . right now im using this phone on c185b150, it is fully usable (i mean, it is working modem/radio) . in worst case, i may use it until i save some money on new phone :/ i open to any ideas what you have but i dont want to open phone for testpoint, im not very handly for this type of operations
                    If you have working partition of your own that you want to flash into your phone see here for how to do it: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/create-c...oenix-software

Comment

I had similar problem with VNS-L31
                      After playing with updates phone didtn start, just restart on logo or go to recovery
                      After spending many hours i found working solution

1. download latest version for your L21 (2 files: update.zip and update_data_full.zip), it should be B370 or B380 (in my case B371 works), 0=dualsim, 1=singlesim
                      2. unpack update.app from update.zip and extract system.img
                      3. enter fastboot mode (if phone dont detects just discharge battery and try again) and flash system.img
                      4 now try to power off phone and charge battery full (important to have charged battery, with not charged battery update can not work correctly)
                      5. copy update.app from fw to sdcard/dload and flash first update.app from update.zip and after same file from update_data_full,,,,,,zip
                      6. after phone can restart on logo, just reset to factory from recovry
                      7. now phone fully starts and you can repair nv/imei...

my phone was L31 (single sim), but in your situation i think should work for dual sim too
                      Just dont give up

Good resource for you http://ministryofsolutions.com/2017/...pe-stable.html
                      B.R.
                      Last edited by S_V_H; 2017-10-17, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Valdemaras thank you for this point, somehow i miss it :/
                        S_V_H thanks for guide, but it doesnt help me. my phone likely refuses all attempt to flash something from SDcard, even your steps. and if i flashed it (after system.img) with phoenix, result was same as from normal flashing.

@all
                        i managed to flash b370 firmware, but... another problems starts

- unpacked some firmware, created config.txt , add oeminfo.image (from decustom, single sim>dua sim, packages).
                        - flashed config.txt
                        - flashed factory firmware with main b370 firmware (this time it flashed completely, only on phone "upgrade mode" screen was 99% -> upgrade failed mgs)
                        - flashed data firmware b370 with phoenix and upgrade mode (same msg )
                        - phone starts without problems, all looks fine. but in info there was again C900 and i was unable to make calls/data/...

i tested other firmwares, result was same. i tried also in factory firmware write manually oeminfo.img and cust.bin, but it helps only with phone informations. after all. i tried to erase NV and OEMINFO partitions from phoenix, but only result is missing imei (manually added with HCU) and now phone asks for NCK code (so it is somehow blocked!) fyi: phone wasn't blocked by operator when it was brought.

im giving it up, it is first phone what i "lost" its current status is:
                        imei1/2 : 0000000000
                        serial: 1234567890ABCDEF
                        network lock: LOCKED to unknown
                        bootloader: false - unlocked ( fastboot oem re/lock > "device already unlocked" ), unable to flash any unofficial image (no root, no twrp)
                        firmware v.: l21-c432b370
                        cust.bin: hw/eu

im now saving for p10lite, but if you have some ideas, let me know, maybe later i try it (my licence for phoenix expired hour ago)

but very big thanks for all your hints, tips an patience with me

Comment

Please, HELP. I used the DC Phoenix testpoint method to reset Huawei P9Lite VNS-L31
                          Stuck in ignition on the Huawei logo without recovery and fastboot. (in original firmware VNS-L31C113B365), then I installed firmware Service VNS-L31C432B389, phone recovered but lost IMEI (unknown). I can't use HCU software as it doesn't go in Manufactory Mode - code * # * # 2846579 # * # * doesn't respond. is it possible to access in another way? can I restore IMEI? in the OEMINFO code list in DC Phoenix there is no abbreviation VNS-L31. thanks
                          sorry for the first message - I translated with google and not all the text was copied , sorrry
                          Stuck in ignition on the Huawei logo without recovery and fastboot. (in original firmware VNS-L31C113B365), then I installed firmware Service VNS-L31C432B389, phone recovered but lost IMEI (unknown). I can't use HCU software as it doesn't go in Manufactory Mode - code * # * # 2846579 # * # * doesn't respond. is it possible to access in another way? can I restore IMEI? in the OEMINFO code list in DC Phoenix there is no abbreviation VNS-L31. thanks
                          Last edited by Valdemaras; 2020-04-28, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by huaweip9_mt View Post
                            Please, HELP. I used the DC Phoenix testpoint method to reset Huawei P9Lite VNS-L31
                            sorry for the first message - I translated with google and not all the text was copied , sorrry
                            Describe in steps what files you were flashing and how you did it.
                            in Dc-Phoenix there is an Oeminfo tab, you can use it

Comment

yes, there are oeminfo but no VNS-L31, there is VNS-L11 but I wasn't sure if it's right. but I did! I write to you below. hello dear, a hug
                              thanks for existing! is an HCU / DC-Phoenix are fantastic programs, well worth the price paid. I managed to restore Huawei P9Lite VNS-L31 - first with TestPoint "defibrilator",
                              then with VNS-L31C432B389 service rom but lost IMEI and S / N number did not connect in 4G and above all did not go in Manufacture Mode with code * # * # 2846579 # * # *.
                              I tried reinstalling the rom and it didn't accept it - several img files. from flashing with fastboot didn't help.
                              In the end I got the VNS-LC432B161 version even if it seems to be precisely VNS-L31C900B161,
                              went into ManufactureMode and from there I restored IMEI, S / N, unlocked SIM block and bootloader.
                              You are very good at making this program available. thank you, thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X