Huawei R216/E5573

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huawei R216/E5573

I'd also like to know if it's possible to unlock the Vodafone R216 version of the Huawei E5573

Were you able to detect it on dc-iunlocker software please?
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Good morning. Thank you for your fast response.
      No, I was not able to detect it in DCU, although I do have Drivers_v.5.01.06.00 package
      I have no difficulty with other popular Huawei units and have successfully unlocked more than 40 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryE View Post
        Good morning. Thank you for your fast response.
        No, I was not able to detect it in DCU, although I do have Drivers_v.5.01.06.00 package
        I have no difficulty with other popular Huawei units and have successfully unlocked more than 40 so far.
        We could do test if it would be detected on software. Make sure it has visible port(s) in device manager for detection to work.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate your help.
          That's what's puzzling me, It does not appear in Device Manager. That is the correct driver package?. Could there be some issue with other drivers or device installs interfering with it? Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but I am very much a newb in these matters.

Comment

Drivers packs has nothing to do with device appearing in it. It should appear there by default just by connecting via usb cable. If device is not visible in device manager at all, then there are 2 possible reasons, faulty device's hardware or usb cable that you use for connecting it.

Comment

Great, thank you that's really helpful. I'll try a another R216 and I'll try to test the cable with a different device.
              I really appreciate your time and help.

Comment

Hi again. Sorry to say I am still struggling with these R216.

If I try an E5573, it appears in Device Manager as a "USB Mass Storage device. On switching on this then becomes "USB composite device" and "Network Adaptor "Remote NDIS device #11". Then on searching with DCU this is replaced by Application Port COM13 and PC UI Port COM14. (This one is already unlocked)

When I try an R216, it appears as "USB mass storage device" only, then nothing else happens. No Network adaptor, No ports. "Moden not found"
                I have tried 3 different R216 devices from different sources, one of which is new.

I would be grateful if you can help me to resolve this as I have 12 of these I want to unlock.
                Thanks

Comment

Hi again. Sorry to say I am still struggling with these R216.

If I try an E5573, it appears in Device Manager as a "USB Mass Storage device. On switching on this then becomes "USB composite device" and "Network Adaptor "Remote NDIS device #11". Then on searching with DCU this is replaced by Application Port COM13 and PC UI Port COM14. (This one is already unlocked)

When I try an R216, it appears as "USB mass storage device" only, then nothing else happens. No Network adaptor, No ports. "Moden not found"
                  I have tried 3 different R216 devices from different sources, one of which is new.

I would be grateful if you can help me to resolve this as I have 12 of these I want to unlock.
                  Thanks
                  If it does not detect normal way there is testpoint method. If you are willing to disassemble device and short-circuit it we would then provide this more complicated way of detecting such device.

Comment

Yes, I'm willing to try any effective method. Disassebly does not seem too difficult. It looks like just 5 screws. I'll give it a go.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Yes, I'm willing to try any effective method. Disassebly does not seem too difficult. It looks like just 5 screws. I'll give it a go.
                      Thank you.
                      Sent private message with instruction image.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you very much. I found screw #6 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post

Sent private message with instruction image.
                          Hi,
                          I am having exactly the same problems as Barry experienced. Can you also send me the instractions to short circuit. I already unscrewed the modem and the PCB is infront of me.
                          Thanks,
                          Koray Birand

Comment

Working...
                          X