Modem Not Found error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modem Not Found error

My modem is successfully detected, identified and the COM port found but then I can't proceed further because of this error...

================================================== =================

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1396

Detecting modem :

selection :
    manufacturer - Huawei modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

Enabling Huawei modem driver... OK
    Waiting for Huawei modem...

modem not found !

================================================== =================

Some other information...
    When I connect my modem by USB the computer ceases to have access to my wifi as it switches to the modem to connect to the internet. Of course it can't connect to the internet because the modem has no internet connection. I don't know how to stop this. Does DC-Unlocker require internet access to unlock the modem?

Internet will be necessary for unlock, but for now let's check detection problem. After you get this error modem not found! Does your device in device manager shows ports? If it does press detect button again (restart dc-unlocker before that) It should be detected, make sure modem's dashboard is not running on pc either. To fix connection issues can check adapter binding settings https://www.dc-unlocker.com/adapter-binding-settings

If adapters do not solve connection problem check metrics:
    control panel > network and internet > network connections > Right click on your device that you want to unlock connection > Properties > Internet protocol (TCP/IPv4) > Properties > Advanced > IP settings > Uncheck "Automatic metric". Set Interface metric as "200". OK > OK > OK
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Thanks so much for your help. I followed your instructions correctly I think. By the way I have Windows 8 (Grrrr) but I managed to find my way around the various network settings. Not bad for a Mac user!

Here is some information about the connection now. The Device shows up in Device Manager as a modem

Device manager.PNG

And appears to be working correctly

Device Manager Properties.PNG
      But I don't understand your meaning " in device manager shows ports?"

I altered the Binding order but still could not access the internet so I closed DC-Unlocker and changed the metrics for the modem from Automatic to 200 as you suggested.

Network Connections.PNGMetrics.PNG

Now I can access the internet via my wifi with the modem connected. That is some progress!

So with these checks and changes complete I once again ran DC-Unlocker in Administrator mode.

The result sadly is the same. Still modem not found. So I changed the modem connection to the other USB Port. (this computer has 2) and found I had to go through the above procedure again. I found that this USB port shows up in DC-Unlocker as COM3 and the other as COM8. When I scan for the modem I get a slightly different message "Found diagnostics port COM3 but still the result is Modem not found!

DCUnlocker COM3 scan.PNG
      I also ran the Windows driver update module for the modem and searched the internet for updated drivers. The current driver is up to date according to Microsoft.

What should I try next?
      Attached Files

Comment

I downloaded and ran Huawei Mobile Connect. HMC did not install correctly and gave Error 16 which I have not been able to resolve BUT after this the modem appears in Device Manager not as a Network Adaptor but as a COM port installed as COM3 so HMC changed something!

Device Manager after Huawei Mobile Connect.PNG

The communications settings are 9600,8,1 with no Parity and no Flow Control Bits.

The result on DC-Unlocker is still the same - Modem not found!

Tried driver update but the current driver seems to be correct.

Comment

You are not using vitual windows machine are you? What modem model it is by the way? maybe could send screenshot of it's info from device's dashboard.

Comment

No. I'm using an HP Envy 23C

The modem is a Huawei E5885Ls-93a. It has Chinese firmware and I'm trying to install General (English) firmware.

I don't understand "device dashboard". Can you point me to where I can take such a screenshot?

Comment

If you can not detect modem, check this:
              Make sure modem’s connection software/WEBUI/Dashboard is installed, but not running. (if there is one)
              Make sure modem is not connected to internet. Insert unsupported operator sim in it.
              Make sure device’s gateway/IP does not duplicate with another active adapter
              If you have access to another pc you should also check from it as well.

Comment

Working...
              X