No announcement yet.

Huawei p10 - Error Message: OEMINFO partition UPDATE :FAIL Command not allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huawei p10 - Error Message: OEMINFO partition UPDATE :FAIL Command not allowed

Hi guys,

so like the topic said i alway getting an "Command not allowed Error" and i dunno what to do about it...

So the problem with my p10

i can start erecovery
    i can start fastboot
    when i try to boot the phone i get a bootlope

Phone is unlcoked
    FRP is locked

i tried https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoen...epair-tutorial this tutorial.

i cant try method 1 and 2 because i cant get further than step one

Getting the following message when i try update OEMINFO:

--------------------

OEM File to update: VTR-L29
    13.01.2019 11:32:25 Starting to write device...

Waiting for fastboot device...
    Device found: 6PQ7N17523000220

Looking for a device in fastboot mode
    Device found: 6PQ7N17523000220

SN:
    IMEI: <hidden by me>
    IMEI1: <hidden by me>
    Build number: :fRomFuture - B370 V2.1
    Model: VTR-L29
    Battery state: 5018mv

Writing OEMINFO partition
    OEMINFO partition UPDATE :FAIL Command not allowed

Update fastboot mode failed
    13.01.2019 11:32:56 Writing device finished - INCOMPLETE

------------

And even if i would understand Method 3 (totally don't get it what files i need...)
    I still getting the "FAIL Command not allowed" Messages when i try to flash something.

So, did i just trashed 19€ for DC-Phoenix + HCU timed license because there is no rescue for my phone, or is there any help for me?

If you are flashing oeminfo you must select loader from above field too, you can not write it alone.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

ok, gotta try it after work, which loader do i need for th VTR-L29?

Comment

now i am getting the message "No devices detected in force upgrade mode"

so how do i obtain "force upgrade mode"?

Comment

You need to connect mobile via testpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
            You need to connect mobile via testpoint.
            so what you're telling me right now is, that i need to disassemble my phone to repair it?

great... so i wasted money on a 72h "ticking software bomb" which i cant use, because there was no info about "probably" needed tools...

Well at least i can give feedback on the lesson i've learned.

like i already said, i used https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoen...epair-tutorial this as tutorial.
            Maybe for future users you could add some information, so they got more time than me to fix it by themself instead of waiting for a reply and "wasting" time.

So:
            - It would be nice that you could add a passage about the fact that it could be possible that you need to open your phone in case they need to use Method 3 which definitly requires it for most of the phones.
            - a little FAQ about the Error messages would be nice. Both Method 1 and 2 never mention a word that you need in Step 1 the bootloader too. Maybe you need it always? maybe just when you get the error message like me? but defintly you should mention it.

I hope really that you could built in that info into the Guide because i would appreciate that other poeple don't make the mistake and waste their money like me.

Comment

Originally posted by fuyuhiko_date View Post

so what you're telling me right now is, that i need to disassemble my phone to repair it?

great... so i wasted money on a 72h "ticking software bomb" which i cant use, because there was no info about "probably" needed tools...

Well at least i can give feedback on the lesson i've learned.

like i already said, i used https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoen...epair-tutorial this as tutorial.
              Maybe for future users you could add some information, so they got more time than me to fix it by themself instead of waiting for a reply and "wasting" time.

So:
              - It would be nice that you could add a passage about the fact that it could be possible that you need to open your phone in case they need to use Method 3 which definitly requires it for most of the phones.
              - a little FAQ about the Error messages would be nice. Both Method 1 and 2 never mention a word that you need in Step 1 the bootloader too. Maybe you need it always? maybe just when you get the error message like me? but defintly you should mention it.

I hope really that you could built in that info into the Guide because i would appreciate that other poeple don't make the mistake and waste their money like me.
              If you can't understand repair after fully reading tutorial why even purchase? People are repairing mobiles within 2h so 72h is overkill. If your phone not on Android 8 you may repair it by following method 2 and flash board software instead. Start from step 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post

If you can't understand repair after fully reading tutorial why even purchase? People are repairing mobiles within 2h so 72h is overkill. If your phone not on Android 8 you may repair it by following method 2 and flash board software instead. Start from step 3.
                well because your tutorial seems to be incomplete, i've read it several times before i purchased and even if i am a completly moron (or maybe i am right now the super moron because english is not my main language but usually i understand the most stuff), it should be working if it would work the way the tutorial was written. it didn't, I've got error messages.

i tried Method 1 and two and tried every step according to the tutorial.
                And AFTER ASKING you told me that i need to flash the bootloader (which wasn't even mentioned in that tutorial)

Telling me to try Method 2 with Step 3 required:
                flashing Board software ALONE in fastboot in Advanced mode
                which i couldn't do because of the error messages.
                the HCU repair guide didn't even worked because it could read my data in fastboot mode but seemed not to do anything else because it gave me a port error (can't check it anymore)

and if nothing works according to the tutorial you really should provide some information about the error messages, so 72h is not overkill if you buy it on the weekend because you cant answere every problem every goddamn second all the time.

so you can blame people on a lot of things, but if you're telling them AFTERWARDS to do something which is obviously NOT mentioned in the tutorial, you shouldn't ask why they purchased something.

Comment

Working...
                X