Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honor Note 8 EDI-AL10 bootloader unlock - oreo now possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honor Note 8 EDI-AL10 bootloader unlock - oreo now possible?

Hi dc friends...

I'm wondering if it's now possible to unlock the bootloader under oreo? I have the latest 535 build.

If I need to downgrade, then which build should I downgrade to?

Thank you

No, sorry, not possible yet.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
      No, sorry, not possible yet.
      Thanks. I found a way to downgrade.

Will the bootloader re-lock if I let the phone officially (ota) update back to Oreo after unlocking?

What is your experience with OTA interfering?

Comment

Do not know if it will relock, we do not use ota update so no experience with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
          Do not know if it will relock, we do not use ota update so no experience with it.
          After downgrading I see the DC-unlocker software now can read IMEI etc off the phone. Very good. Before, I didn't understand where the Oreo unlock limitation was but it seems it's only in the actual process of obtaining the code, yes?

My question is if the bootloader unlock code can change or is it tied to the IMEI and thus stays the same?

I'd like to try and use the code obtained under Nougat to unlock the bootloader after upgrading back to Oreo. Could that work?

​​​​​If this goes well I'll buy the service for my wife's huawei too. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shaglord View Post

After downgrading I see the DC-unlocker software now can read IMEI etc off the phone. Very good. Before, I didn't understand where the Oreo unlock limitation was but it seems it's only in the actual process of obtaining the code, yes?

My question is if the bootloader unlock code can change or is it tied to the IMEI and thus stays the same?

I'd like to try and use the code obtained under Nougat to unlock the bootloader after upgrading back to Oreo. Could that work?

​​​​​If this goes well I'll buy the service for my wife's huawei too. Thanks!
            Limitation is for any modification.If no data changed in mobile then code should still be working.

Comment

Can the same IMEI and serial number have different unlock codes?

Seems there is only one code, regardless of what version software you run.

Comment

Originally posted by shaglord View Post
                Can the same IMEI and serial number have different unlock codes?

Seems there is only one code, regardless of what version software you run.
                Yes it can.

Comment

Working...
                X