• Honor 7x BND-L21 - Stuck in Error Mode -

Check account status

User : bl13524
    Credits left

Activated features:
    HCU time license (29 days left)
    Software debugger

That's my account.

So, I guess I messed it up as much as possible....

I did so much with this phone, it's hard to recall what happened when and caused what. The problems really began when I tried to put Android 8 on my phone.
    Not sure at which point, but let's come to the gist of it:

I can only enter the Error Mode!

Maybe the errors from Error mode help:

Func NO: 8 (hifi images)
    ERROR NO: 1 (security failed)

No other way to get anywhere else.
    So far discharging or having the phone shut down and holding volume down while inserting the cable worked like a charm. Fastboot mode 100% of the times when I tried.

But hey, we still have 29 days left to get that sorted

Unlocking the bootloader for 4€ worked, but only after the most recent update of DC Unlocker. It wasn't recognized properly before. And with that update I was guided to a guide on how to unlock the FRP. Well, unlocking both bootloader and FRP worked fine, I should have relocked the FRP for sure....

I think I flashed some things, or did some things that now lead me to this state, so the error here is on my side.
    As I said I bought the bootloader unlock and yesterday the 30 days, uhm, what is it, DC Phoenix and HCU repair.
    So let's see what we can do

If you have questions that help you help me just ask.
    I already have a variety of Firmwares for my device available.

Flashing has so far worked best with a tool that needs extracted img files. That's how I downgraded to EMUI 5.
    Maybe I'll try the same now with EMUI 8. Comes from the same guy.
    It was with none of your tools.. But it recognized the device for some reason, or let's say was able to communicate with it. I used it to restore my boot partition.
    I accidentally deleted it, because normally it's hidden for wipe, but not in the TWRP version I was using

That's just one small anecdote of a like 2 week odyssey with this phone.

I'm not that really unexperienced, I flashed my devices like from when Galaxy 3 came out until Galaxy S3.
    Just had a long break in between.
    I messed it up at some point, I know. So I hope you can help me with new input on what to try with your software and I'm looking forward to your replies and suggests.

I also read this thread https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum/...security-patch

Seems like not only BND stuff works for my device. I would be greatful for info on what I can actually use apart from BND-L21.
    I'm totally new to Huawei Honor Phones, so I havbe zero oversight there.

In your guides I yesterday got to "Huawei USB COM 1.0 port visible flashing GUIDE (HiSilicon phones)".
    The COM-Port was indeed not shown as it shoud and today when I got home I opened HiSuite and found where they have hidden the feature to reinstall the drivers.
    Not sure if my AV blocked your files.
    I did pretty much everything (that could make sense) in the previous guides, but feel free to ask if I did this or that.

I still don't see that Port, and the phone does nothing but showing the error mode and rebooting.
    Maybe a reboot, or fully and manually uninstalling and reinstalling the Huawei drivers and after a reboot helps.

If not I try if I'll flash again with that other software.

I have some experience in Support, so I know it's most effective when both support each other
    I think that's the basic info you need initially. From here it's more effective if you aks for missing pieces of info.

Hope we can get something done here with this issue...

What guide exactly do you suggest or how should I proceed once I have the tools to open the phone?

Comment

Mobile repair guide here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoen...epair-tutorial
      >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
        Ok thanks a lot!
        I think it must be the guide https://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei-p...with-testpoint then. Method 3 Step 2.

(If Huawei USB COM 1.0 (VID_12D1&PID_3650) or 9008 port not visible)
        Press "View Testpoint" button to see testpoint location picture. Short-circuit these pin-points. If there is only one testpoint shown then short circuit it with GND

Flashing with testpoint GUIDE

Everything before needs fastboot connection. And I only see my phone as a USB entry, not a COM-Port as mentioned above.

In the compatibiliy list there is no entry with a phone that has the same CPU Kirin 659.
        Is that relevant? I guess I can only use this one
        Honor 6X BLN-AL10A HiSilicon KIRIN655 2016
        But I'll check later. I'll go pick up the tools to open the phone now

If anybody has any helpful input, I'd be greatful for it.

Comment

You may try to use update oeminfo tab then with loader+oeminfo and see if phone and fastboot and work from there if it does.
          >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
            You may try to use update oeminfo tab then with loader+oeminfo and see if phone and fastboot and work from there if it does.
            This also seems to requireat least fastboot...

I try these steps currently. But I also get only error mode.

Comment

Working...
            X