Mate 9 Bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mate 9 Bricked

Hello, I have a huawei mate 9 and I tried to downgrade android version, but I used the wrong file which caused a hard brick on the device ... I cant acess the recovery or bootloader mode... it does not turn on and don't gives any sign of life... it is possible to recover in this case? thanks!
    Last edited by leandro9000; 2019-08-15, 07:26 PM.

Doubtful. Maybe using testpoint, method 3 from dc-phoenix.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Hey. I've made a similar mistake and hard-bricked my US mate 9. I'm interested in trying out the DC-Phoenix Method 3, however the download links for the firmware does not seem to work anymore. Is there somewhere else I can find the required firmware?

Comment

All firmwares on support area accessed only from dc-phoenix.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Those are the files I'm referring to. When I open DC-Phoenix, choose "Download Files", input "MHA-L29B C567" in search field and click the two links that appears, I get "File not found" on both of them. I tried some of the other MHA-L29B firmware builds and I get the same problem. Do I have to input a password somewhere, or something similar, for the files to become accessible?

Comment

Please send screenshot with the error/problem that you get on your browser, you log in on software launch that is enough.

Comment

It seems the problem has resolved itself. I am able to download the files now. Sorry for your trouble. I'll try method 3 out at once.

Comment

I'm having a little trouble with method 3. I've managed to flash the board software on my phone and restore the phone data with HCU. However when I go on to flash the US firmware build unto my phone it hard bricks again. What am I missing? Has it something to do with the firmware I am flashing (MHA-L29B C567B190)?

Comment

Originally posted by cruzential View Post
                  I'm having a little trouble with method 3. I've managed to flash the board software on my phone and restore the phone data with HCU. However when I go on to flash the US firmware build unto my phone it hard bricks again. What am I missing? Has it something to do with the firmware I am flashing (MHA-L29B C567B190)?
                  Hello
                  you needed flash new 8 last adnroid

Comment

Like this one: https://www.getdroidtips.com/huawei-...oreo-firmware/?

EDIT: Okay I realize that the above file is OTA and will not work. I've tried yet again flashing board factory firmware -> update phone data in HCU but now with eu instead of us as country -> flash eu firmware from download section in DC-Phoenix. However a couple of seconds after flashing i get this:

Code:
                    Erasing ver .. .
                    Writing rescue_recovery_kernel partition
                    RESCUE_RECOVERY_KERNEL partition update ...OK
                    Writing rescue_recovery_ramdisk partition
                    RESCUE_RECOVERY_RAMDISK partition update ...OK
                    Writing rescue_recovery_vendor partition
                    RESCUE_RECOVERY_VENDOR partition update ...OK
                    Uptade recovery parttion OK
                    Enter recovery mode FAIL

Cannot enter in Recovery mode
                    Last edited by cruzential; 2020-06-25, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cruzential View Post
                      Like this one: https://www.getdroidtips.com/huawei-...oreo-firmware/?

EDIT: Okay I realize that the above file is OTA and will not work. I've tried yet again flashing board factory firmware -> update phone data in HCU but now with eu instead of us as country -> flash eu firmware from download section in DC-Phoenix. However a couple of seconds after flashing i get this:

Code:
                      Erasing ver .. .
                      Writing rescue_recovery_kernel partition
                      RESCUE_RECOVERY_KERNEL partition update ...OK
                      Writing rescue_recovery_ramdisk partition
                      RESCUE_RECOVERY_RAMDISK partition update ...OK
                      Writing rescue_recovery_vendor partition
                      RESCUE_RECOVERY_VENDOR partition update ...OK
                      Uptade recovery parttion OK
                      Enter recovery mode FAIL

Cannot enter in Recovery mode
                      not correct
                      OTA
                      not working
                      You need service firmware
                      and yes . run mannualy update mode .

Comment

Hey thanks for trying to help me out. I'm not gonna put more time into resurrecting the phone. The software worked well and it was fun trying to figure out how it all worked.

Comment

Working...
                        X