X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC-phoenix enable software TP on Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8 CMR-W09

Hi,

I have a Huawei MediaPad M5 10.8 CMR-W09 and am on Android 9 so I'm going for DC-phoenix enable software TP.
    I'm following the tutorial, bu I'm stuck.

After installing the Huawei HiSuite software, my computer (Win11) successfully connects to the tablet.
    I can find the device with ADB, but DC-Phoenix (started as admin) just freezes at "Looking for devices by ports":

Screenshot 2022-02-15 150825.png

I've tried installing the drivers supplied at the bottom of the page (https://www.dc-unlocker.com/dcphoeni...le-software-tp)
    That results in Win11 and ADB not seeing anything and the same thing in DC-Phoenix:

Screenshot 2022-02-15 151616.png

How can I resolve this?

Cheers,

Jurjen

Drivers at the bottom of the page are testpoint drivers and you need to apply them manually and only when your phone appears as "USB ser" with "!" marks under ports or other devices sections and only after testpoint enable was done - meaning phone has black screen. Hisuite can not be left open running or left in processes on a computer at any time during this as it will use ports that will prevent DC-phoenix to access the device hence the not responding message.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Thanks, that makes sense. However when I shut down Hisuite or uninstall it, I have the same result:

Screenshot 2022-02-15 160022.png
      Screenshot 2022-02-15 160302.pngScreenshot 2022-02-15 160348.png

Comment

Fyi, Windows Defender is reporting no issues, tablet tells me USB debugging is connected with File Transfer via USB.

Comment

If you uninstalled hi suite then your device should not be detected on with installed drivers. Seems you have something else installed or a separate driver pack for USB debug/ manufacture mode. I suggest uninstalling current drivers, disconnecting the device from pc, then installing hi suite and repeating the service.

Comment

Here's what I did:
            - Uninstall devices in device manager (checked delete driver)
            - Uninstalled the hisuite-less driver package
            - Disconnected the device
            - Rebooted
            - Connected the device
            - Device was not recognized in device manager 1.png
            - Installed HiSuite from the auto mounted 'cd drive'
            - Disconnected the device
            - Rebooted
            - Connected the device
            - Closed hisuite window and from the tray
            - Device was recognized 2.png
            - Same result in DC-Phoenix
            - Stopped HuaweiHiSuiteService64.exe in Windows Services 3.png
            - Same result in DC-Phoenix

I can however, connect to the device with the included adb.exe:
            4.png

Comment

I tried the non-ADB mode thing from the tutorial:

DC Phoenix 0.0.0.164
              user:bl25845

Revision: 2
              DC Phoenix 0.0.0.164

Revision: 2
              DC Phoenix 0.0.0.164

Doing job: Enable software testpoint

Looking for devices...

Looking for devices by ports
              No device deteced
              Number of devices found: 1
              Number of devices found: 1
              Device authorized
              Base Version:CMR-LGRP4-OVS 9.1.0.381
              Cust Version:CMR-W09-CUST 9.1.0.8(C432)
              Preload Version:CMR-W09-PRELOAD 9.0.1.3(C432R1)
              Name:CMR-W09
              Model:CMR-W09
              Board:CMR
              SN:NNF6R1880700062

USB Device REMOVAL
              Type: @oem38.inf,%busfilter.devicedesc%;USB Composite Device
              VidPid: VID_12D1&PID_107E
              Instance id: NNF6R18807000622
              Looking for device in upgrade mode...

It ended there, the device hang at "updating 5%" and after a short while the device rebooted to it's usual state.

Comment

Removed HiSuite, Removed device, Removed all drivers with USBDeview , reinstalled hisuite, disabled hisuite launch. completely reset the mediapad and still the same results.

So I'm guessing DC-Phoenix just does not work for Huawei MediaPad M5 .

Comment

It sure does work with it as many have done it successfully, I'm leaning towards windows 11 that you use this on. When your phone hangs on "updating 5%" does your device appear in device manager on a computer under the ports section or not? License extended.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
                    It sure does work with it as many have done it successfully, I'm leaning towards windows 11 that you use this on. When your phone hangs on "updating 5%" does your device appear in device manager on a computer under the ports section or not? License extended.
                    No after it reboots to update mode it is not shown in device manager. Only after the device reboots again to normal mode, it is shown again.

Comment

Then something is clearly wrong on current windows you use. You should try unplug and plug back in your device when device enters upgrade mode on it's screen and see if anything pops in device manager then, dc-phoenix hangs because no ports available therefore nothing to access. Or if you have such possibility to attempt on another pc with different os, in which case inform me as I would need to remove pc lock from your account.
                      Last edited by Valdemaras; 2022-02-17, 11:41 AM.

Comment

It must be the tablet then, even though I did reset it. I tried on a friend's Win10 PC, Also with a different cable.

Comment

You should try then to manually put it in upgrade mode and monitor what happens in the device manager on computer, if no ports appear then yes, maybe something with a tablet then. Do like so, turn it off, hold both vol buttons and connect it to USB, keep holding buttons after that for about another 15 seconds, this should enter USB upgrade mode.

Comment

I have the exact same tablet with the exact same symptoms- what fixed things for me was to unplug all other USB devices. Not sure what was conflicting, but it worked on the first try after that

Comment

Working...
                            X