Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honor 10 COL-L29 bootloader code apparently wrong

Hi everybody,

I followed this guide https://hcu-client.com/huawei-bootlo...via-testpoint/ to get bootloader code for my Honor 10 COL-L29, via hardware test point method.Everything gone fine and I got my code. The problem is that when I try to unlock the bootloader with "fastboot oem unlock" I get this error:

FAILED (remote: 'check password failed!')
    fastboot: error: Command failed

Why does this happen? I'm using android 9.0.0.159.
    This is the log:

25/02/2022 14:14:13
    HCU Client v1.0.0.0378
    Account: xxxx

Before operation turn phone to TestPoint mode:
    Turn off phone, then short TestPoint on phone pcb
    and plug USB cable
    Wait for device "HUAWEI USB COM 1.0" in Ports

Repair
    New Bootloader code
    Unlock downgrade/customization limitations
    Reboot after repair
    Selected Cpu/Bootloader - Kirin970_T1_A8.1_V6
    2022-02-25 14:14:13.720 Connecting to server...
    2022-02-25 14:14:14.010 Connected!
    2022-02-25 14:14:14.469 HUAWEI device in Test Point mode Not found!
    2022-02-25 14:14:14.539 Reading info...
    2022-02-25 14:14:18.287 Done!

Fastboot provided info:
    CPU: kirin970
    Model: COL-L29
    Firmware: COL-L29 9.0.0.159(C432E4R1P9)
    Vendor: hw
    SN: CLCDU18424006905
    PCB SN: DU5DYS184V041844
    WIFI MAC: 909497E0C972
    BT MAC: 909497E0D017
    Theme color: black
    Device color: black
    FBLOCK: 1
    Bootloader FB lock: unlocked
    Bootloader User lock: locked

Found signed IMEI:
    IMEI1: 868288031419056
    IMEI2: 868288031436068
    SIM NW_LOCK status: UNLOCKED

Found NV data:
    Modems: 3
    IMEI1: 868288031419056
    IMEI2: 868288031436068
    IMEI3: 000000000000000
    PESN: 00000000
    MEID: 00000000000000

Found OEM data:
    Model: COL-L29
    Firmware: COL-L29 8.1.0.151(C432)
    Rescue: rescue:Chipset-boston 8.1.0.001(01JE)
    Vendor: hw
    Version limitation: ON
    SIMCARDMODE: double
    Bootloader User lock: locked
    Phone ID: 1E3EC0ABB3EC5D9
    2022-02-25 14:14:22.665 Repairing...
    2022-02-25 14:14:22.995 Write Bootloader code success! Code: 36KYPYUUYHVKFDOX
    2022-02-25 14:14:23.155 Write partition oeminfo...
    2022-02-25 14:14:26.073 Write partition oeminfo success!
    2022-02-25 14:14:26.093 Unlocking restrictions...
    2022-02-25 14:14:26.123 Unlock restrictions success!
    2022-02-25 14:14:26.123 Rebooting...
    2022-02-25 14:14:26.143 Reboot success!
    2022-02-25 14:14:26.153 Done!

Thank to those who will help me!

EDIT: I've noticed that in developer options the "oem unlock" option is greyed out but nevertheles it looks activated.
    EDIT2: I've updated to android 9.1 and now "oem unlock" is selectable but nothing changed. Can anybody help me? My license is gonna expire

Nobody can help me??????
    Last edited by EnryP; 2022-02-26, 03:58 PM.

So your phone is now bricked or do you have it working? If you have it bricked and simple reflash does not help you may need to use this solution text: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/dcphoeni...ock-bootloader and then flash with stock ROM, if that does not help, then will need to flash board software and repair the phone from scratch.
    If I'm wrong and you do have it working at the moment then will have to ask you to take log and send it to us:
    Please do this:

1. Restart HCU software.

2. Login with your account on software.

3. Right-click on the memo area to make sure "enable debug logging" has a checkmark.

4. Detect your device. Read bootloader code

5. Right-click on the memo area and save "debug logfile".

6. Send that file to me, please.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
      So your phone is now bricked or do you have it working? If you have it bricked and simple reflash does not help you may need to use this solution text: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/dcphoeni...ock-bootloader and then flash with stock ROM, if that does not help, then will need to flash board software and repair the phone from scratch.
      If I'm wrong and you do have it working at the moment then will have to ask you to take log and send it to us:
      Please do this:

1. Restart HCU software.

2. Login with your account on software.

3. Right-click on the memo area to make sure "enable debug logging" has a checkmark.

4. Detect your device. Read bootloader code

5. Right-click on the memo area and save "debug logfile".

6. Send that file to me, please.
      My phone is now working, I used board software. Anyway the problem now is that my 3 days timed license has expired so I can't read the bootloader code again. When I click on check account on the memo area I get "License not valid, please renew!"

Is there a way to have a more interactive assistance? Don't wanna be polemical, but until now I only wasted 19€ . Thanks for understanding
      Last edited by EnryP; 2022-03-01, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Please write your user name then, so I can extend license and you can take a log file.

Comment

Please write your user name then, so I can extend license and you can take a log file.
          Hi, my username is "enryp". Thank you

Comment

License now extended.

Comment

License now extended.
              Here is the file you asked : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7t...ew?usp=sharing (the forum does not allow me to upload files with cdf extension)

Comment

Everything seems fine from the log. Code read from mobile as it should be - correctly. For now, try to do a factory reset for mobile and then try to repeat unlock. Also, what current android version and security patch date it runs?

Comment

Everything seems fine from the log. Code read from mobile as it should be - correctly. For now, try to do a factory reset for mobile and then try to repeat unlock. Also, what current android version and security patch date it runs?
                  Okay, I performed a factory reset but nothing has changed. In the previous days I also tried both android 9.0 and 9.1. Now I'm using 9.1.0.366 and the security patch date is 01/04/2020. I've tried also a rollback to android 8.1 but it was where I had the hardbrick (maybe I should try via HiSuite instead of otg method). I've read on a forum (4PDA) that is possible to unlock the bootloader only on the chinese version of huawei/honor phones, is this true? Anyway this information is 4 yers old (2018).

Comment

There is no solution?

Comment

Direct unlock is possible only for those that run android 8 with a security patch date of 2018. But as I understood you have no option to downgrade or haven't found a working one just yet. But if Hisuite has such a possibility then yes, you should try it.

Comment

Direct unlock is possible only for those that run android 8 with a security patch date of 2018. But as I understood you have no option to downgrade or haven't found a working one just yet. But if Hisuite has such a possibility then yes, you should try it.
                        With "direct unlock" you mean using the bootloader code or the other procedure? Because this last one is unavailable for kirin 970 processor (https://hcu-client.com/hcu-features-by-tp-xloader/)

Comment

On android 8 with the 2018 security patch direct unlock is available - without code.

Comment

On android 8 with the 2018 security patch direct unlock is available - without code.
                            So no way to unlock with the code in my case? Becuase also if I do manage a downgrade I'm not sure I can upgrade again without loosing the unlocked bootloader (it shoud be locked again if I upgrade with the otg method, it only rest unlocked with OTA upgrades that usually are no more available when you perform a downgrade...)
                            Plus my license now has expired..
                            Last edited by EnryP; 2022-03-02, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Could my license be extended so that I can try this last method (direct unlock)?I have to do it via testpoint or in the normal way (usb connection in manufacture mode)? Because HCU client tells that the current version is not supported if I connect the phone in manufacture mode (now I'm on 8.1.0.120 and I can't go further back than this). If I can't unlock the BL can I be refunded please? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X