Well that didn't work ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that didn't work ..

After two successes with DC-UNLOCKER in the past, I thought I would try to free up my Telstra E8372H USB device. I needed to purchase 10 Credits to bring this about. Purchase made - looking promising :-) However I ran into Error Code 37, and I've since discovered that some versions of this particular modem are virtually unable to be unlocked without attempting a long and complicated process of 'modifications' to the modem which, frankly are beyond me at my age.

So it looks like I've messed up and spent the equivalent of 15 Mars Bars to no good purpose. Is there any simple way to get this thing unlocked as I hoped and honestly expected. Or have I lost my investment altogether? Is there a refund possible perhaps - in part anyway.

Thanks in advance ...

TFN
    (VK5ATN)

Detecting modem :

selection :
    manufacturer - Huawei modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM21

Found modem : E8372
    Model : Huawei AuthVer 4 modem (New)
    IMEI : 866280026829441
    Serial NR. : R7EDU17408000116
    Firmware : 21.180.19.00.302
    Dashboard version : WEBUI_17.100.07.12.302_RE5
    SIM Lock status : Locked (Card Lock)
    Wrong codes entered : 0 (unlock attempts left : 10)

================================================== =================

Unlocking, please wait ...

AT command error

Error code 37

unlock failed !

================================================== =================

Which dc-unlocker version you have used? Please write your username, then we would be able to check more.

Comment

Thanks Vincentas, I downloaded what I understood to be the most recent version from the site - V1.00.1422 (5/06/2019). My user name is vk5atn; the Credits purchase acknowledgement email is dated 22/04/22. Hope that is helpful.

Comment

Unfortunately, this firmware version that your modem has is not supported for unlock. Refund done.

Comment

OK (sad face). Thank you Vincentas. Appreciate your input and thank you for the refund.

Comment

Working...
          X