Huawei P20 (EML-L09) Black Screen - Not Booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huawei P20 (EML-L09) Black Screen - Not Booting

Good Day Folks, I have messed up and I'm hoping someone here could give me a little direction.

First a little back story: I needed to unlock a P20. I purchased DC-Phoenix + HCU timed software license. After downgrading to EMUI 9.1, with a little patience and some cursing I was able to unlock my bootloader. From there I was trying to install a custom rom with GApps. During this process I was hitting a dead end due to lack of space. Anything I tried to free up sufficient space was failing. I was moving into more advanced (risky) territory trying to understand the partitions and potentially resizing.

During this expedition, I mistakenly changed something I shouldn't have (I believe I added a partition table using mklabel). Ever since, my phone has not come back.

My phone has a black screen always. Does not appear to respond to attempts to turn off/on or boot into fastboot mode. The only indicator my phone is still alive is when I plug it into a computer. It still shows in Device Manager as HUAWEI USB COM 1.0.

Is my phone lost? Or is it possible to salvage by flashing with DC-Phoenix? (or anything else)

P.S. - I have not tried hardware testpoint yet. With my phone seemingly unresponsive I don't even understand if hardware testpoint would accomplish anything.

You could try flashing it with board software if it appears in testpoint (HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 - is testpoint mode) mode in the device manager, there is however no guarantee that this will solve your problem.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply. A couple follow-up questions.
      1) https://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei-p...software-flash
      I'm assuming this walkthrough would work. It specifies having the phone in fastboot mode, which I can't reach. So hopefully testpoint mode will work.

2) What do I need to purchase for this? I can't find board software when searching. I did purchase 4 credits weeks ago but my login information no longer works (since my timed license expired).

Comment

This one https://www.dc-unlocker.com/dcphoeni...nv-files-flash is more suitable in your case.

To use DC-phoenix need either 15 credits or a minimal 3-day time license account.

Comment

So I have finally circled back around to this. I have purchased another 3-day license. But when following the walkthrough and clicking the Download Files button, I am taken to a download page that does not have a DGTKS for the plain Huawei P20 (EML-L09). How do I source this board software? I was under the impression these files are specific to DC Unlocker, and therefore cannot be produced unless hosted here.

Comment

Originally posted by waddaw View Post
            So I have finally circled back around to this. I have purchased another 3-day license. But when following the walkthrough and clicking the Download Files button, I am taken to a download page that does not have a DGTKS for the plain Huawei P20 (EML-L09). How do I source this board software? I was under the impression these files are specific to DC Unlocker, and therefore cannot be produced unless hosted here.
            You can use original board software files from elsewhere too if they are not present on our support area.

Comment

Well that feels misleading. I was following the linked walkthrough and I assumed it would apply to my phone since I had the model in the title. I had no idea I would be forced to source my own board software until after I purchased the 3-day license and was able to click the Download Files button.

Comment

Originally posted by waddaw View Post
                Well that feels misleading. I was following the linked walkthrough and I assumed it would apply to my phone since I had the model in the title. I had no idea I would be forced to source my own board software until after I purchased the 3-day license and was able to click the Download Files button.
                In such case, we can freeze your account and extend the license whenever you will be able to attempt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post

In such case, we can freeze your account and extend the license whenever you will be able to attempt it.
                  No thank you. I feel this was a long shot to begin with and ultimately a mistake. If I had known the board software wasn't provided for my phone I wouldn't have purchased the timed license.

I tried to use the license back when it was purchased on Sept 30th, and expired on Oct 3rd. Can I simply get a refund?
                  User: waddaw

Comment

Sadly, time license is not refundable unless it wasn't logged in with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X