Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dc phoenix - cannot detect device in upgrade mode - p20 pro (clt-l29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc phoenix - cannot detect device in upgrade mode - p20 pro (clt-l29)

Hi
    sorry for my english. I will use Google translator for help myself.

I have an P20 PRO (CLT-L29) and I tried to downgrade the firmware from 9 to 8.

The phone now is loccked and the display is all black.
    Don't appare the Huawei logo.

When I connect the phone to PC, in device management I see only "Android Phone -> Adroid Sooner Single ADB Interface"

I'm trying to update a firmaware with DC Phoenix with standard method an with flag Rescue Recovery.
    The firmware I'm using is: "Charlotte-L29C_9.1.0.311(C432E5R1P9T8)_9.0.0_r3_EMUI9.1.0_05 015BGR_FRP_bypass.APP"
    The device is found only in fastboot mode.

But I've a problem.
    When begin this step "USB Device REMOVAL"
    Return this error: "CANNOT DETECT DEVICE IN UPGRADE MODE"

The problem is that I can't insert upgrade mode on my phone.

I want only to restart my phone.
    What am I doing wrong? Can you help me?

Thank you very much

This is the log:

DC Phoenix 0.0.0.173
    user:jackalg

Looking for a device in upgrade mode
    No devices detected in upgrade mode
    Device found: WCR7N18620003151

Standard update
    Not Reboot NOT checked
    Update Verlist to server on file load NOT checked
    Enable testpoint NOT checked
    Disable testpoint NOT checked
    Try Rescue Recovery checked
    Bypass version check NOT checked
    Old slow algo NOT checked

Extracting recovery partition

Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_KERNEL
    ERECOVERY_KERNEL partition extracted

Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_VENDOR
    ERECOVERY_VENDOR partition extracted

Extracting partition: ERECOVERY_RAMDISK
    ERECOVERY_RAMDISK partition extracted

05/12/2022 07:52:03 Starting to try Rescue Recovery...

Looking for a device in fastboot mode
    Device found: WCR7N18620003151

Getting IMEI...
    Getting build number...
    Getting model ...
    Getting battery state...
    Getting backdoor info...
    Getting lock state info...
    Getting lock boot info...

Build number: :CLT-L29 9.0.0.293(C432E8R1P11)
    Model: CLT-L29
    Vendor/Country: hw/eu
    Battery state: 0
    OEM lock state info:
    FB LockState: LOCKED
    USER LockState: LOCKED
    OEM get bootinfo:

Getting base version...
    Base Version: CLT-LGRP2-OVS 9.0.0.293
    Getting cust version...
    Cust Version: CLT-L29-CUST 9.1.0.8(C432)
    Getting preload version...
    Preload Version: CLT-L29-PRELOAD 9.1.0.11(C432R1)

Process identifier:55341664

Erasing ver .. .
    Writing rescue_recovery_kernel partition
    RESCUE_RECOVERY_KERNEL partition update ...OK
    Writing rescue_recovery_ramdisk partition
    RESCUE_RECOVERY_RAMDISK partition update ...OK
    Writing rescue_recovery_vendor partition
    RESCUE_RECOVERY_VENDOR partition update ...OK
    Update recovery parttion OK

USB Device REMOVAL
    Type: @oem39.inf,%hwfastboot%;Android Sooner Single ADB Interface
    VidPid: VID_18D1&PID_D00D
    Instance id: 6&3173eb68&0&5
    Looking for device in upgrade mode...
    Process was cancelled by user;
    Enter recovery mode FAIL

Cannot enter in Recovery mode​

If the phone can not enter upgrade mode problem may be more serious and this flash solution on our software may not be it that can save it. Are you able to put it into upgrade mode manually?
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Thank you for answer me
      How do I put it in upgrade mode manually?

How do I know I succeeded if the display is always all black?

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
        If the phone can not enter upgrade mode problem may be more serious and this flash solution on our software may not be it that can save it. Are you able to put it into upgrade mode manually?
        If manually Recovery mode aint working either is there anything else to try in this situation?

Comment

Hi
          I tried to contact support from email but was return a message che it could not be delivered the message.
          I try to write here.

I managed to restart my phone.
          This is what I did.
          Was the first time for me, but I managed to open the cover of my phone e to create an test point.
          Then I used DC Phoenix, before with "Load and Temporally unlock bootolader".
          Then I downloaded from DC Phoenix the firmware "Charlotte-L29C 8.1.0.156(C432)_Firmware_8.1.0_r1_EMUI8.1_05015BGR .APP" and I run the "Update Firmware" without flag "Rescue Recovery", because with this flag didn't worked.
          In this way, my Phone restarted.

But I'm not very happy for the result, and I'd like to do it again.
          Now my user is expired and before renew it, I'd like to ask you any questions to clarify some of my doubts and make the most of the time available to me.

1) I used your firware "Charlotte-L29C 8.1.0.156(C432)_Firmware_8.1.0_r1_EMUI8.1_05015BGR .APP" but when the process is finished the build is "Chipset-boston 8.1.0.001(0216)". Different by the name of firmaware I downloaded.
          Moreover it seems that this firmware manage a single SIM (CLT-L09) and not dual sim (CLT-L29).
          I had to repair it with HCU, changing from single to dual SIM and inserting all correct data (Model, IMEI, IMEI1, Vendor, Country ecc, ecc). Why this?
          With this firmware I can't use many apps. For example, Netflix it's not compatible. Other apps don't work because they recognize that phone is flashed.
          I'd like to flash again with a correct firmware for CLT-L29 (dual SIM) and for Europe country (C432). The "Charlotte-L29C 8.1.0.156(C432)_Firmware_8.1.0_r1_EMUI8.1_05015BGR .APP" is not this kind of firmware.
          Do you have it? If no, Can I use DC Phoenix with a firmware that I will download from other site?

2) Sorry, but remember that my user is momentanely expired so I can't use your applications. Now, If I restart my phone in fastboot mode and I try to read info from other application, for example HalabTech, I see this situation that I don't like and I don't understand:
          MODEL : CLT-L29
          BULID : :Chipset-boston 8.1.0.001(0216)
          VERSION : :CLT-L09 9.0.0.162(C109E7R1P9)
          FB LockState: LOCKED
          USER LockState: LOCKED
          Bootloader state: locked

What's the difference between "BUILD" and "VERSION"?
          Why there are this different values?
          Moreover the value of VERSION tells me a model and a country not correct.

Can you help me to understand the situation and advise me on how to proceed?
          How can I get the phone in a correct situation and what is the correct procedure to follow with DC Phoenix?

Thank you for the precious help you will give me.

Comment

1) might be because you have flashed board software. All available files are in the support area, if not there, means we do not have them, DC-phoenix allows to use of original stock ROM files from elsewhere as well.
            2)We do not have such information but you should refer to the version line rather than to the build. Incorrect values may be shown because the phone wasn't repaired completely, or the customization/update file wasn't flashed.

If your phone boots up, you should just try to make sure it is repaired on HCU with correct data and then attempt to reflash a full stock ROM by any method available to you.

Comment

1) might be because you have flashed board software. All available files are in the support area, if not there, means we do not have them, DC-phoenix allows to use of original stock ROM files from elsewhere as well.
              2)We do not have such information but you should refer to the version line rather than to the build. Incorrect values may be shown because the phone wasn't repaired completely, or the customization/update file wasn't flashed.

If your phone boots up, you should just try to make sure it is repaired on HCU with correct data and then attempt to reflash a full stock ROM by any method available to you.
              Thank you very much!

Can you explain me the difference if I check or uncheck the Rescue Recovery flag?

And between Standard and Advanced, too?

hx

Comment

You should only use Standard, And rescue recovery should be used when flashing from fastboot, flashing without it may cause problems.

Comment

You should only use Standard, And rescue recovery should be used when flashing from fastboot, flashing without it may cause problems.
                  Ok thank you for your advice but Can you give me some more information?

Comment

There is no more information that we could provide you with regarding this.

Comment

There is no more information that we could provide you with regarding this.
                      I mean...Maybe about the difference between Standard Mode and Advaced Mode...and what happen when Rescue Recovery is not flag?
                      What kinds of problems?

Thank you

Comment

You can simply click on the advanced option to see the difference, there should be options to write/erase NV and Oeminfo.
                        We do not have a list of problems that can be caused by not selecting rescue recovery, but they may be irreversible by simple flashing methods, meaning may need to flash from scratch with the board or replace the board on the device in some cases.

Comment

Working...
                        X