• Show
Clear All

• Huawei e156g Mobile Modem Freezes

Hi all

FYI:
    Huawei e156g Mobile Broadband USB Stick
    HP Pavilion dv7 2070ea
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit

The laptop came preinstalled with Vista Home 64bit and i was able to use the mobile broadband without any issues.

I have installed Windows 7 Pro 64 in a dual boot config and it runs fine on wired or wireless connections, but when i try to use the mobile broadband i run into issues.

After the modem driver and software install and a few restarts I was able to get all the devices in the device manager to be happy, and i was able to connect via the 3 Connect software and access the internet. But after a few minutes Windows will inevitably lock up, regardless of what program is being used. The screen will freeze, there will be zero harddrive activity and the only course of action is to hold down the power button

The mobile broadbands company site says that the vista drivers should be happy on windows 7, but something isnt happy.

I really need to resolve this as my mobile broadband allows me to connect to various servers for work via its allowed IP address.

Is this the modem, the USB bus or something else?

I have checked the event log and there isnt anything useful in there.

Many thanks

danigavi​​

Originally posted by danigavid View Post
    Hi all

FYI:
    Huawei e156g Mobile Broadband USB Stick
    HP Pavilion dv7 2070ea
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit

The laptop came preinstalled with Vista Home 64bit and i was able to use the mobile broadband without any issues.

I have installed Windows 7 Pro 64 in a dual boot config and it runs fine on wired or wireless connections, but when i try to use the mobile broadband i run into issues.

After the modem driver and software install and a few restarts I was able to get all the devices in the device manager to be happy, and i was able to connect via the 3 Connect software and access bloxd io the internet. But after a few minutes Windows will inevitably lock up, regardless of what program is being used. The screen will freeze, there will be zero harddrive activity and the only course of action is to hold down the power button

The mobile broadbands company site says that the vista drivers should be happy on windows 7, but something isnt happy.

I really need to resolve this as my mobile broadband allows me to connect to various servers for work via its allowed IP address.

Is this the modem, the USB bus or something else?

I have checked the event log and there isnt anything useful in there.

Many thanks

danigavi​​
    I think that the issue is related to the modem driver or software on Windows 7 Pro 64.

You can download and install the Huawei Mobile USB Driver on Windows 7, Vista, XP to connect your device to your computer. You may also want to try using the Dell Mobile Broadband Manager for connecting, troubleshooting errors, configuration, and self-diagnostics.​

Comment

Working...
    X