• Show
Clear All

• How to unlock Huawei U8160/ Vodafone 858 Smart

First of all thanks for the awesome update

Anyone tested this model
    How to?

Regards

Sorry, thread title should have ended with an interrogation mark

Loaded android drivers that are inside the phone. Phone still not detecting.
    Any special instructions?

Regards

Comment

How to detect and unlock you can read here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei_u8...lock_procedure
      Procedure is same.

Comment

Unlocking U8160 (VF 858)

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
        How to detect and unlock you can read here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei_u8...lock_procedure
        Procedure is same.
        But the U8160 has no "end call" button.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
          Procedure is same.
          Ok will try later and report back.
          But as fkoomans says, this phone has no 'end call' button

Comment

Huawei U8160/ Vodafone 858 Smart unlocked successfully. Epic update Dc-Unlocker team

Procedure is the same as explained above by the very helpful Vincentas
            Except that you press VOLUME DOWN+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON

Phone will hang at start-up with an image of a hourglass/sandglass/sand timer/sand clock
            Insert cable, load drivers, detect phone and unlock

Comment

didn't work for me

Guys, don't know what I am doing wrong...

This is what i did :

1. Plugged phone via USB
              2. Windows XP or 7 (tried on 2 PC's) installed all drivers by himself - didn't put any CD any path to any drivers (what's kind of drivers he installed at all?!?!) - result : Your device is ready for use.

3. Started DC-Unlocker
              4. Choosen Huawei Phones / Detect Phones --> No phone found

Tried several reboots, plugged to other USB ports... nothing

Any clue ?

Comment

Originally posted by yzo30 View Post
                Guys, don't know what I am doing wrong...

This is what i did :

1. Plugged phone via USB
                2. Windows XP or 7 (tried on 2 PC's) installed all drivers by himself - didn't put any CD any path to any drivers (what's kind of drivers he installed at all?!?!) - result : Your device is ready for use.

3. Started DC-Unlocker
                4. Choosen Huawei Phones / Detect Phones --> No phone found

Tried several reboots, plugged to other USB ports... nothing

Any clue ?
                Dude did your phone hang at start-up after holding the three keys?
                Procedure is exactly as Vincentas has mentioned in his above post

EXCEPT that your hold VOLUME DOWN+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON
                keys (this phone has no 'end call' key)
                Phone will hang with image of hourglass/sand clock. Connect cable, load drivers from above link and unlock
                I did three pieces without any problem (locked to Voda Spain)
                Goodluck

Comment

I was exactly following Vincentas steps. However, the phone didn't hanged after pressing all three buttons as stated, but was continuing booting....

Comment

I was exactly following Vincentas steps. However, the phone didn't hanged after pressing all three buttons as stated, but was continuing booting....
                    dude, try again. Did not work for me either the first time. Just do it right. It's the only way
                    Try not to let go of any of the three buttons (keep holding) until phone hangs

Comment

Originally posted by silhouette View Post
                      dude, try again. Did not work for me either the first time. Just do it right. It's the only way
                      Try not to let go of any of the three buttons (keep holding) until phone hangs
                      LOL, it worked... all 3 buttons has to be pressed and hold that long until the phone hangs.. Win 7 loaded the drivers from web.. and then rest according instructions... phone is unlocked !

Thank you guys ! God bless you all !

Comment

LOL, it worked... all 3 buttons has to be pressed and hold that long until the phone hangs.. Win 7 loaded the drivers from web.. and then rest according instructions... phone is unlocked !

Thank you guys ! God bless you all !
                        Welcome dude

Comment

Hi
                          I have downloaded the client but its not detecting the phone. I am using Windows Vista laptop. Also I could not see any driver specifically for the VISTA.

Can any help me unlocking my phone ??

Comment

Originally posted by babaji View Post
                            Hi
                            I have downloaded the client but its not detecting the phone. I am using Windows Vista laptop. Also I could not see any driver specifically for the VISTA.

Can any help me unlocking my phone ??
                            I guess those Windows 7 drivers could work on Vista, or wait for confirmation from someone who has tested.

Comment

Originally posted by silhouette View Post
                              I guess those Windows 7 drivers could work on Vista, or wait for confirmation from someone who has tested.
                              No I have tried all the drivers available on this link fromm DC unlocker, but no luck. Also I am wondering do I need to buy the points get it detected or it should detect and i should have points to unlock it.

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei_u8...procedure/win7

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei_u8...rocedure/winxp

http://www.dc-unlocker.com/test/Puls...xp_w7_w764.zip
                              Last edited by babaji; 2011-06-25, 02:22 PM. Reason: missing driver link

Comment

Working...
                              X