Huawei E156G Unlock Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huawei E156G Unlock Help

I have ordered a Huawei E156G and its due to come tommorow however it is locked to the 3 network in the UK. I want to use it with the Vodafone network in the UK so obviously im going to have to unlock it. I have tried searching through the forums but I cant figure out how to do it. Would it be possible for someone to please explain simply how I will have to go about unlocking the device and then i presume I will not be able to use the 3 software provided aswell? Also does anyone know how many credits I will need to unlock the modem? I've seen that they are 1 euro each so I hope its not many.

Thanks, Nick

Also will I need one of these flashing codes?

15 Euros to unlock. Download dc-unlocker and run it to see if your dongle is in fact locked. If so buy your credits to unlock. If you go to You Tube and search for "huawei dc unlock" then ther's a 4 minute clip illustrating how its done.

Comment

Originally posted by gekkoa View Post
      15 Euros to unlock. Download dc-unlocker and run it to see if your dongle is in fact locked. If so buy your credits to unlock. If you go to You Tube and search for "huawei dc unlock" then ther's a 4 minute clip illustrating how its done.
      Thankyou for clearing it up a little

PS: I've just stumbled upon this on the News page

"From today (2009-04-23) 12:00 GMT ZTE Mf622+, MF620, MF622, Huawei E169 / E169G, E166, E156,EG602 / EG602G, Micromax MMX 610U Edge, ONDA MS501HS unlock is free and unlimited for DC-unlocker dongle users and activated Vygis dongle users."

Does that mean it wont cost me anything then? As it says its free for E156 users? As im not sure if I am a dongle user, Sorry

Thanks

Comment

If you have dc unlocker donge (a nhardware to dc unlocker software) or have activated dc unlocker on your Vygis dongle, then these are free.
        If you have not hardware, then how many credits unlocking need you can check here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy/user_prices

Comment

Working...
        X