Maxon won't connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxon won't connect

Hello, this is my first internet forum so please bare with me. I have a Maxon bp3usb that I have had unlocked with Dc Unlocker. The problem is that I can't get it to connect to the internet. I am using a telstra prepaid sim that is working in another usb modem ( brand is a huawei) that I also paid to have unlocked with dc unlocker. I am using Mobile Partner software. Is there another software I need or is there something else I need to do. Thanks Matt
    Edit Report Moderation

G'day Matt,

Start connection manager then go to

Tools.......Options.......Profile Management

Select..... New ...........Enter Profile Name Telstra NextG Prepaid

In APN.........select.......Static option....... enter the providers APN name Telstra.Internet

Access Number......... *99#

User Name and Password......... Leave Empty

Click on the......... Advanced Button

Authentication Protocol Setting........ PAP

Leave all other settings at their default....... Dynamic

Click....... OK

Then click on...... Save

Then click on.......Set as Default

Then click on.....OK

Let us know how you go Matt

Aussie Gaz

Comment

Got it!

...........You will note from this thread that I have spent a lot more time than I should have on this.............Thanks for you help Aussie Gaz, but I had tried all that but to no avail. I didn't have the protocol setting to PAP but that didn't work either.
      I then thought it was time to give up and use my sons Nokia N70 as a modem. After I loaded the software I found that the software would also recognise my modem and I could connect. Not wanting to buy my son another phone, I continued to try and connect it on the maxon I was given.
      Eventually I got it going. Here's how.................
      I downloaded the latest bigpond software and i could do everyting but the registration didn't quite work properly. this didn't matter as I was using a telstra sim. I opened the Bigpond connection manager and where it says "options" I held the shift key as i clicked the options button. This gave me 2 extra tabs. One of those being the "diagnosis" tab and allows you to change the APN form telstra.bigpond to telstra.internet. Then I ticked the "sign up has been completed for this device" in the diagnosis tab. .............Presto it now connects!......Phew! Hope this might help someone else.

Comment

Thank you for information. Could you tell what conenction software you use with this modem? Mobile partner?

Comment

I used the bigpond connection manager that I downloaded. The Nokia PC suite worked also, but there was a conflict once i loaded the Bigpond connection manager. Mobile partner would not recognize the modem and still won't.

Comment

Originally posted by mparky View Post
            I used the bigpond connection manager that I downloaded. The Nokia PC suite worked also, but there was a conflict once i loaded the Bigpond connection manager. Mobile partner would not recognize the modem and still won't.
            The generic connection manager is here:

Get rid on the Bigpond manager, it is not required. The Maxon manager has the Telstra profiles pre-configured ready to go and adding more is piss easy!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks BlinkyBill.
              I have just got back from a week of using the bigpond connection manager without hiccup. Happy and relieved.
              I just wish I had used this forum and got the info about the maxon driver before I wasted half my life. When I recover from my not-so-pleasant techno experience, I will try it out anyway. Thanks again.

Comment

I downloaded the latest bigpond software and i could do everyting but the registration didn't quite work properly. this didn't matter as I was using a telstra sim. I opened the Bigpond connection manager and where it says "options"
                NAT

Comment

Working...
                X