MiFi 2372 unlock FAILED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiFi 2372 unlock FAILED!

So I just dropped €10 on DC-Unlocker to unlock my Novatel Wireless MiFi 2372.

Guess what? It didn't work. The client clearly told me the unlock succeeded (and then deducted my 10 credits!), however, when I put in a SIM card from another operator than the original operator the device is locked to, and then connect via my mobile's web browser to the status page? "Network locked" remains with no signal. WHAT THE ****?! "Modem successfully unlocked" my ass!

I just paid €10 to have a device unlocked, that didn't unlock.

EDIT: MiFi is unlocked now, make sure to install unsupported SIM before attempting unlock!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by segin; 2016-04-04, 04:04 PM. Reason: problem fixed

This is what I get AFTER it was supposedly "unlocked". Looks like it's still locked to me.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Have you restarted it after unlock before trying to use with other provider sim?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
        Have you restarted it after unlock before trying to use with other provider sim?

Yes; the SIM card slot is located underneath the battery. It's not possible to install a SIM card without restarting the device, since it requires removing the battery to install the SIM. I also did not install the SIM until after the unlock was attempted.

Comment

Originally posted by segin View Post

Yes; the SIM card slot is located underneath the battery. It's not possible to install a SIM card without restarting the device, since it requires removing the battery to install the SIM. I also did not install the SIM until after the unlock was attempted.
          What lock status dc-unlocker shows, is it still locked? If it is, try unlock again (it won't require new credits).
          >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
            What lock status dc-unlocker shows, is it still locked? If it is, try unlock again (it won't require new credits).
            Yes, it unlocked on the second try. The difference is this time I left a SIM in the MiFi device - perhaps it doesn't properly unlock when there is no SIM installed. Consider this issue resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by segin View Post

Yes, it unlocked on the second try. The difference is this time I left a SIM in the MiFi device - perhaps it doesn't properly unlock when there is no SIM installed. Consider this issue resolved.
              I see, thank you for letting us know it.
              >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Working...
              X