AT&T Novatel 2372 - Accidental flash with Bell Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Novatel 2372 - Accidental flash with Bell Firmware

I was trying to get the right drivers setup to unlock my AT&T and found some notes that loading the MUU for Bell (20418759_MUU_MiFi2372_Bell_FW5.26.2_ML3.00.57_Loc ked_Pkg.zip) at the same time the unlock program is running that I could then connect and unlock. That worked great, but I accidentally installed the Bell firmware on my AT&T device. It upgraded my firmware to 5.26.2.01, but it fails to upload the HTML files so now I can't access the device with a web browser.

Any tips on how to get the AT&T firmware installed again? I tried a factory reset with a paperclip, but that didn't work.

You could try firmware update from dc-files.

Comment

Success unlocking AT&T MiFi 2372

Have you solved your problem allan_vancouver?
      Here is what I did.

I signed up with AT&T 2 weeks ago. Living in the States and working in Canada, I need an unlocked device.

I was successful in unlocking my AT&T MiFi 2372. I did the following:

1- I searched the Novatel Wireless website with "att mifi 2372" and I found the latest USB drivers. (The latest firmware is also there).

2- DC-Unlocker did not detect the device: "modem not found !"

3- I searched the Novatel Wireless website with "Bell mifi" and found the latest *locked* firmware, version 5.26.2. I also found Mobilink 3.00.14 for the Bell 2372. I loaded that firmware on my AT&T 2372.

4- The first 3 steps out of 5 of the firmware upgrade were successful. Steps 4 and 5 failed. These last 2 steps have to do with with loading the XML files for the web management utility.

5- At this point, DC-Unlocker reports finding the modem, and reports a *locked* status. Using dc-unlocker, it unlocked the 2372 like a charm.

6- I then connected with wifi. The XML web management pages not being in the firmware, I only got *Hello world!* on the landing page.

7- I then searched with Google for a "generic 5.26.2 MiFi 2372 firmware". I did not find any, but a few links to people who sell unlocked 2372 and applications, and I asked then for a copy of the firmware. I got 1 positive response.

8- I uploaded the generic firmware. The device remained unlocked and works flawlessly. I tried my Telus SIM card in it, and it reports it is not activated, wich is correct. It connects OK with my AT&T SIM card. No GPS access, even though the GPS Com Port is present (I have not done extensive testing of GPS). The working Mobilink software for that firmware is included. It also gives access to the Wifi management via USB. Mobilink 3.00.14 does not. I found out that in order to have access to the Mobilink stuff on the USB storage device, I had to turn off File sharing on sdcard, in the System tab on the web management page. Default WEP key is 12345 and Login password to administration pages on the web is: admin.

That should be complete. Whether loading the Bell firmware before loading the generic firmware is really needed, I don't know. I did it before finding the generic firmware. Perhaps the generic firmware loads directly in an unlocked state, I don't know.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Success unlocking AT&T MiFi 2372

Sorry, this post is for gcap001.

Have you solved your problem yet?

Comment

I did the same exact thing, I accidentally upgraded the firmware to the Bell firmware, and now I'm stuck.. This is a device for an executive at the company I work for, so it's important that I get it to work, is the generic firmware available for download? also, how much do credits cost for dc-unlocker?

Comment

Dude you simply need to flash generic firmware from dc-files.com

Comment

I see the 2352 firmware listed there, but no 2372 files at all on dc-files.com

Comment

This should also work! There are no differences except the frequency band!

Comment

I tried it, and it says it's not upgrade compatible. "device not compatible for upgrade"

Comment

This is my experience also. My 2372 did not accept the 2352 firmware.

At my location, the ATT firmware was giving me 4Mbits d/l speed, as opposed to about 1.2 Mbits with the generic firmware. Just a coincidence? I don't know.

So I tried to re-flash with the AT&T firmware (version 7.11.02) from the Novatel Wireless site , but it failed. At this point, it looks like I have no other choice than using the mifi with the generic firmware or returning it to AT&T for replacement. Any other ideas?

Comment

No good here. I'm still looking for the generic 5.26.2 MiFi 2372 firmware that I can try to flash the unit with. It has the Bell firmware now and I'm getting only "Hello World" for my management screens.

Anyone have a source for the generic firmware that will load on a 2372?

Comment

PM me for generic software.

flymooney

Comment

Thanks guys--found the Generic firmware and all is good now!

Comment

Having the same Issue!

Originally posted by gcap001 View Post
                            I was trying to get the right drivers setup to unlock my AT&T and found some notes that loading the MUU for Bell (20418759_MUU_MiFi2372_Bell_FW5.26.2_ML3.00.57_Loc ked_Pkg.zip) at the same time the unlock program is running that I could then connect and unlock. That worked great, but I accidentally installed the Bell firmware on my AT&T device. It upgraded my firmware to 5.26.2.01, but it fails to upload the HTML files so now I can't access the device with a web browser.

Any tips on how to get the AT&T firmware installed again? I tried a factory reset with a paperclip, but that didn't work.

I did the same thing Now I am stuck with the hello world! Could someone please help by posting the Generic Firmware for the 2372?

Thanks Steve

Comment

Originally posted by ssalerno View Post
                              I did the same thing Now I am stuck with the hello world! Could someone please help by posting the Generic Firmware for the 2372?

Thanks Steve

Thanks flymooney

That did the trick!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X