Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mifi 2372: Generic firmware vs. AT&T firmware: SLOWER d/l speed with gen. (in the US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mifi 2372: Generic firmware vs. AT&T firmware: SLOWER d/l speed with gen. (in the US)

At my location, the ATT firmware was giving me 4Mbits d/l speed, as opposed to about 1.2 Mbits with the generic firmware. Just a coincidence? I don't know.

Anyone with similar observation?

flymooney

P.S: Mifi 2372 with generic f/w 5.26.2 versus AT&T f/w 7.11.02 (from the Novatel Wireless website)

I've lost my firmware

Originally posted by flymooney View Post
    At my location, the ATT firmware was giving me 4Mbits d/l speed, as opposed to about 1.2 Mbits with the generic firmware. Just a coincidence? I don't know.

Anyone with similar observation?

flymooney

P.S: Mifi 2372 with generic f/w 5.26.2 versus AT&T f/w 7.11.02 (from the Novatel Wireless website)
    I tried to upgrade mine and lost it. Was going to upgrade it so I could monitor the battery life and signal with my ipad. I'm also a pilot and wanted to be able to use the gps features so I could track the map when flying. Now my mifi if trashed. Can you send me the generic so I can get this running again?

Comment

found these for the 2372

Connect your business, employees, and devices with 5G. Inseego's Fixed Wireless Access & Edge Networking keep your enterprise connected from anywhere.

Comment

1- That's the link for the up to date ATT firmware. It does have the GPS software and moving maps (google maps). My device with the generic software did not have GPS. I reverted back to ATT for that reason and speed concerns. ( for flying I use my Quartz gps)

2- PM me for the generic firmware.

flymooney

Comment

Problems with Reflash

Mooney I'm having issues with getting my firmware reflashed. When I try to use the Novatel software I get some kind of error when I try to go back to the ATT software. I think I accidently flashed with that bell software and now I cant go back. Do you have any tips on that?

Comment

Shane, check your PM.

Please note I was not able to reflash the Mifi with AT&T firmware after loading the Bell firmware. It was giving me a "unknown string" error. I am not sure if it is possible to reflash the ATT firmware from a working unlocked generic firmware.

IMHO, the AT&T firmware is better than the generic. It seems to connect faster (with ATT), d/l speed seems faster, and it has GPS with google maps, and DNLA server.

For roaming in Canada, I use un unlocked Sierra Wireless 306.

Originally posted by shane0917 View Post
            Mooney I'm having issues with getting my firmware reflashed. When I try to use the Novatel software I get some kind of error when I try to go back to the ATT software. I think I accidently flashed with that bell software and now I cant go back. Do you have any tips on that?

Comment

how to flash back to att or to flash to att firmware

How to flash the AT&T firmware back if u get invalid string:

run the 20419181_MUU_MSM7225_Arches.ATT_AMSS_7.11.02_Linux _2.7.0207_2010-02-10_pkg.exe

when u get the error message go to:
              c:\windows\temp\MUU
              Copy all the files from there in a different directory.
              Press ok and the app will close and all the files from MUU will be deleted
              Copy back all files in MUU directory
              Open the file:
              20419181_MUU_MSM7225_Arches.ATT_AMSS_7.11.02_Linux _2.7.0207_2010-02-10.xml
              Search for:
              Code:
              <Description>Update Sys_def_Config File</Description>
              		<NVItem ShowInWizard="YES">
              			<NV_Name ConfigRef="YES">Update Sys_def</NV_Name>
              			<WizardText LANGID="0x0409">0. Update config file Profiles</WizardText>
              			<Note>Upgrade firmware</Note>
              		</NVItem>
              Delete this part. Save the file.
              Now run the MUU.exe from same directory.
              I will start writing the firmware and it will stop again later on with a different error.
              Run again the Muu.exe file
              (you need to repeat this 3 times as is need to write correct all 3 partitions).

Now u'll get error on writing the updated config files.
              Now just run the original flash updater.
              The Error string will not be there anymore and it will flash correctly.
              Enjoy

P.S.
              If you flash to a european version it kinda ****s up the tunings for the 3g
              SO...
              From generic firmware copy the:
              umts_pst_lib.nvi_db and flash it
              Enjoy a nice mifi.
              P.S.
              I flashed like so on my 2352 vodafone mifi and is working fine
              Enjoy.
              Say thanks if u enjoyed it

Comment

You're da bomb! Thanks a bunch!! I used your instruction and was able to flash the AT&T firmware onto my generic Mifi. The AT&T firmware did not recognize my microSD card for some reasons and thus I don't have the new DLNA feature. Was wondering if anybody having the same issue. I tried a bunch of different cards but still no luck. When I reflash the v5.26.2 firmware, the Mifi device can see my microSD card. I still keep the AT&T v7.11.02 firmware though as I can't think of a way to use the microSD card with the old v5.26.2 firmware any way.

Also, my device remained unlocked with the AT&T firmware. I was able to put in a (prepaid) TMobile SIM and got online with it.

Originally posted by madhorse View Post

run the 20419181_MUU_MSM7225_Arches.ATT_AMSS_7.11.02_Linux _2.7.0207_2010-02-10_pkg.exe

Open the file:
                Search for:
                Code:
                		</NVItem>
                I will start writing the firmware and it will stop again later on with a different error.

Enjoy

P.S.
                SO...
                Enjoy a nice mifi.
                P.S.
                Enjoy.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sumtingwong; 2011-10-13, 05:02 PM.

Comment

AT&amp;T Firmware

I tried the procedure below to flash the AT&T Firmware. Everything went well, however, now I have problems with the MiFi randomly disconnecting the WIFI side (can connect to it). It happens much quicker when I try to use the GPS using the iPad maps.

Anyone seeing the same problem ?

Thanks

Comment

reflashed to att software/firmware

Hi, I followed the instructions and everything works great except for the sms. I cant view or create new messages. I need this to activate my internet on my prepaid sim. is there a sevice number some were that i need to change to wok on a different carrier than att?

Comment

@madhorse - Thanks for the instructions, worked perfectly

I was on the Bell 5.28 firmware.

Comment

I upgrade the firmware to the 5.28 and only get the Hello World!.
                        When I try to downgrade to teh 5.26 following madhorse instructions Iīve a doubt: in the first error I delete the part mentioned and I run the MUU.EXE, but for the 3 following errors, should I delete also those parts of the xml?
                        If I do that, I donīt send the firmware to the 2372 but if I keep those parts I keep getting errors.
                        Thanks for any help.

Comment

Have you solved the issue?

I bought a new AT&T Novatel mifi 2372 two days back, via my friend. It was unlocked and was working fine with my Vodafone sim. Yesterday I updated the mifi unit with the new firmware update which enables GPS and DLNA. But after the update, the GPS is keep on searching without producing any results and the DLNA is not even showing up in the widget as well as in the settings. Kindly help to get over this issue if you have solved yours.

Originally posted by sumtingwong View Post
                          You're da bomb! Thanks a bunch!! I used your instruction and was able to flash the AT&T firmware onto my generic Mifi. The AT&T firmware did not recognize my microSD card for some reasons and thus I don't have the new DLNA feature. Was wondering if anybody having the same issue. I tried a bunch of different cards but still no luck. When I reflash the v5.26.2 firmware, the Mifi device can see my microSD card. I still keep the AT&T v7.11.02 firmware though as I can't think of a way to use the microSD card with the old v5.26.2 firmware any way.

Also, my device remained unlocked with the AT&T firmware. I was able to put in a (prepaid) TMobile SIM and got online with it.

Comment

P.S.
                            SO...
                            Enjoy a nice mifi.
                            P.S.
                            Enjoy.
                            I need to use Mifi 2372 in EU with UMTS 900 MHz. Please give step-by-step instruction. When I moved umts_pst_lib.nvi_db from generic FW i got an error, I can't run MUU.exe
                            Thanks.

Comment

Open the file:
                              Search for:
                              Code:
                              		</NVItem>

Enjoy

P.S.
                              SO...
                              Enjoy a nice mifi.
                              P.S.
                              Enjoy.
                              Thank you very much madhorse, MiFi 3272 by NOVATEL WIRELESS working perfectly with Dlan, WiFi during pc connection, GPS, etc.. all works great.
                              Firmware version 5.28.00.01, from bell version (crud) to at&t's MiFi os (great control + cool widgets and sms from iDevices).
                              I first tried installing at&t's firmware but got the string error, so i installed some firmwares from novatel's support page http://dev.v2.novatel.rtio.nl/index.php?cID=992 and finally found this page.
                              highly recommended for NRM-MIFI2373 model. (follow directions exactly as written) here's at&t's stuff http://www.att.com/esupport/article....id=NdYNJJHsDj1
                              Thanks again madhorse
                              *edit
                              I didn't verify the sdcard functionality (sorry, i dont have one here), but i believe it works.
                              Last edited by randomsites; 2013-08-15, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X