XU870 Bricked on 7.2 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XU870 Bricked on 7.2 Update

Just wondering if anyone knows why XU870's sometime brick whent he 7.2 update is applied???

I got the following error in the PUU.log file now the modem is dead, with just a solid white led.

Does anyone know how to fix these things?

2009.06.20 20:52:52:196 Programming Modem Firmware.

2009.06.20 20:54:02:867 WriteFile ERROR: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

2009.06.20 20:54:02:867 ERROR: NwUmtsPstCommandDM: sendHDLC failure.

2009.06.20 20:54:02:867 ERROR: nrl_stream_write_file failed to send offset 7160832
    2009.06.20 20:54:02:867 Closing the Modem Connection.

OK. I worked why these modem brick on flash updates. If you are flashing them in a Laptop using the supplied Cardbus adaptor, you may brick the modem during the flash update. This occurs on some laptops but not all.

Solution: Use a laptop with an Express Card slot or use a USB to Express Card adaptor. I wouldn't risk bricking a modem by flashing in a Cardbus slot.

Comment

Originally posted by BlinkyBill View Post
      OK. I worked why these modem brick on flash updates. If you are flashing them in a Laptop using the supplied Cardbus adaptor, you may brick the modem during the flash update. This occurs on some laptops but not all.

Solution: Use a laptop with an Express Card slot or use a USB to Express Card adaptor. I wouldn't risk bricking a modem by flashing in a Cardbus slot.
      I've updated many XU870 through an usb-adaptor with no problem.
      There are many express-card to pcmcia adaptor on the market.
      Many of these are at 16bit and there is any problem (eg.5510 Dell)...I suggest 32bit version (the model with sheet brass on one side contacts) works well

Comment

Any solutions for bricked XU870 yet? Please kindly suggest...

Comment

Originally posted by Witten View Post
          Any solutions for bricked XU870 yet? Please kindly suggest...
          ...what is your problem???....may be radio section OFF ?
          HERE

Comment

Thanks, Fakiro. It's not radio-off. Its LED turns white. It's also not detected. The process was stopped in the middle during firmware upgrading using usb adapter.

I've got two of these bricked XU870. Any advices?

Comment

Thanks, Fakiro. It's not radio-off. Its LED turns white. It's also not detected. The process was stopped in the middle during firmware upgrading using usb adapter.

I've got two of these bricked XU870. Any advices?
              There are no COM ports created when you connect xu870 into PC???

Comment

Originally posted by Fakiro View Post
                There are no COM ports created when you connect xu870 into PC???
                No, there is no COM port created. Any hope?

Comment

No, there is no COM port created. Any hope?
                  Sorry...but I cannot find a way to solve this problem....need a com ports...

Comment

Working...
                  X