Novatel Mifi Bricked - Backup aborted due to missing calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novatel Mifi Bricked - Backup aborted due to missing calibration

I bricked my Novatel Mifi 2372 when upgrading the FW using a faulty microusb cable .

Now i get the following error on upgrading to Generic,Bell or ATT FW.

same here
    search bunch of google page and landing in this thread
    may you tell how it goes from begining???
    maybe we can fix it now

mine was start last night,
    because if I upgrade from Custom 7.11.02.01-11 to Generic 5.28 say "Hello word", so I upgrade to Generic 5.26.2, then I upgrade to Generic 5.28.
    next day,
    early morning I upgrade to Custom 7.11.02.01-11 because it support GPS and very lot of features (like AutoVPN, etc)
    but. I was shocked when upgrade was going. an error was occured with status xxxx (I cant remember it *its bad). then 10 minutes later, I try to upgrade again. but error was occured again with status "Unable to upgrade modem. - Backup aborted due to missing calibration". I try to upgrade to either three of these firmware but no luck
    later, I hacked the system it self, and remove 2 text line of "Calibration" in dll file and I have my upgrade successful with either Generic 5.26.2, 5.28, or Custom 7.11.02.01-11 firmware. but when I use first time. it look some features were missing (example in Custom 7.11.02.01-11, the DLNA widget was vanish)
    ** before that I often upgrade or downgrade from one to one to fit and develop small app to run
    ** before the first error was occured. I copied 2 files from either Generic 5.26.2 or 5.28 (kind of umts .dll and _db) to Custom 7.11.02.01-11 for fix UMTS issue in Custom 7.11.02.01-11

if I can hear case from you it would be great

Comment

can you elaborate which were the modified dll files

Comment

I tried editing some dlls espically the "umts_pst_lib.dll" but the MUU.exe fails to load . Can you simply upload the dll

Comment

you need to sign it back with same as before
          why you dont tell me then

Comment

mifi

can you upload the dll?

Comment

sorry I cant help you while you dont tell me how it goes
              it will really terrible. I say one more time, "it would be great if you tell the case from begining"

Comment

I got this error while upgrading from ATT to generic when using a damaged micro USB cable from a chinese supplier . check the attachment for the error
                Ever since then i am getting the backup aborted error.

Comment

you should ask replacement from supplier then.
                  dont forget to check log file in "C:\Users\$YouComNam$\AppData\Local\Novatel Wireless\MUU.log"
                  after you got a new m-USB, check my thread http://www.dc-unlocker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7407
                  if anyone had uploaded cache. you should fine too by using it

Comment

its out of warranty ,hence the thread

Comment

any string look like I mentioned before?
                      for example
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
                      COM(*) opened
                      In DM mode.
                      Mass storage status is Inactive (4) .
                      Restore required due to missing NV_RF_CAL_DATE_I.
                      Prepare for restore.
                      Reading cached modem information from (*).cache
                      Restore NV Items via internal restore.
                      Writing to MODEM:/$$NW_BACKUP$$ from HOST:temp_RMF_9F0_4823
                      ERROR: Internal restore failed (6).
                      ERROR: Internal Restore Failed!
                      Error : PST_MULTI_FLASH cmd fails with Error : ???????????? (66)
                      Error : Failed to start the service Error code : An instance of the service is already running.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Comment

Have you solved this problem?

I bought a new AT&T Novatel mifi 2372 two days back, via my friend. It was unlocked and was working fine with my Vodafone sim. Yesterday I updated the mifi unit with the new firmware update which enables GPS and DLNA. But after the update, the GPS is keep on searching without producing any results and the DLNA is not even showing up in the widget as well as in the settings. Kindly help to get over this issue if you have already solved it.

Originally posted by nanangzqu View Post
                        same here
                        search bunch of google page and landing in this thread
                        may you tell how it goes from begining???
                        maybe we can fix it now

mine was start last night,
                        because if I upgrade from Custom 7.11.02.01-11 to Generic 5.28 say "Hello word", so I upgrade to Generic 5.26.2, then I upgrade to Generic 5.28.
                        next day,
                        early morning I upgrade to Custom 7.11.02.01-11 because it support GPS and very lot of features (like AutoVPN, etc)
                        but. I was shocked when upgrade was going. an error was occured with status xxxx (I cant remember it *its bad). then 10 minutes later, I try to upgrade again. but error was occured again with status "Unable to upgrade modem. - Backup aborted due to missing calibration". I try to upgrade to either three of these firmware but no luck
                        later, I hacked the system it self, and remove 2 text line of "Calibration" in dll file and I have my upgrade successful with either Generic 5.26.2, 5.28, or Custom 7.11.02.01-11 firmware. but when I use first time. it look some features were missing (example in Custom 7.11.02.01-11, the DLNA widget was vanish)
                        ** before that I often upgrade or downgrade from one to one to fit and develop small app to run
                        ** before the first error was occured. I copied 2 files from either Generic 5.26.2 or 5.28 (kind of umts .dll and _db) to Custom 7.11.02.01-11 for fix UMTS issue in Custom 7.11.02.01-11

if I can hear case from you it would be great

Comment

Originally posted by nanangzqu View Post
                          I try to upgrade again. but error was occured again with status "Unable to upgrade modem. - Backup aborted due to missing calibration". I try to upgrade to either three of these firmware but no luck
                          later, I hacked the system it self, and remove 2 text line of "Calibration" in dll file and I have my upgrade successful with either Generic 5.26.2, 5.28, or Custom 7.11.02.01-11 firmware.
                          Trying to fix a bricked one -- was trying to force flash the AT&T from generic and it crashed on me. Now I get the same eror "Backup aborted due to missing calibration"
                          Error in my MUU.LOG is "ERROR: Backup and Reflash aborted due to missing RF Calibration Date."

I tried hexediting out the two lines of text from umts_pst_lib.dll -- just replaced with spaces since I get an error if I delete it, and also tried removing the lines from the umts_pst_lib.nvi_db file with no luck.
                          Any ideas? Would you be able to upload your modified files that allowed you to flash (if you still even have them?)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X