Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocked AT&T Mifi 2372 gives self-assigned ip over WiFi

I just got my third NVTL MiFi 2372.

I tried replacing the first (Bell unlocked by DC-Unlocker) because the SIM pins broke ...I'm super pissed because it looks like these things are actually pretty unreliable but this one worked perfectly.

I got a second and sent it back because any device (mac, windows, iPad, iPhone) connecting to it over WiFi would get a solid blue WiFi light and no router connection, and therefore a self-assigned IP on the connected device.

It got on the WWAN data network with no problem when connected over USB but there was no access to 192.168.1.1 over WiFi (or USB, of course).

I reflashed the current AT&T firmware with
    20419181_MUU_MSM7225_Arches.ATT_AMSS_7.11.02_Linux _2.7.0207_2010-02-10_pkg.exe
    No success.

I flashed with:
    20418764_MUU_MiFi23x2_FW5.26.2_ML3.00.57_NvtlGener ic_v1.2_pkg.exe
    No success

Hard-reset the device, no success.

I sent it back because there was no change at any time in its lack of function.

I just opened up the replacement received today and it is exactly the same, except when the a WiFi client joins, the WiFi light does flash.

I'm thinking that I probably got some third-party refurbs that got botched at the unlock.

I saw somewhere that the router chokes if there's a DHCP client ID listed but none of the devices have this. My main machine is a OS X Mountain Lion beta, which I thought might be sending some extra DHCP info and messing with the IP assignment but this happens on Windows, iOS and Lion.

Anybody have this problem with the device?

I'm guessing that the FW reflashes also hit the WiFi but anybody know if its possible to flash the WiFi alone?

Thanks!

-Charles

!!!Solution!!!

This thread solved it!

Comment

This thread solved it!!!

Comment

Working...
      X