Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novatel MiFi 4510L Hotspot Unlocking....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Novatel MiFi 4510L Hotspot Unlocking....

    Hi there;

    Was wondering if you could support unlocking the Mifi 4510L Novatel Hotspot which is locked to Verizon. I have run your DC-Unlocker software, and I can not get the software to detect the router. I can access the router online through the 192.168.1.1 web browser once hooked up, but aside from that I just get a modem not found error. I have tried to select other Novatel units, but this does not work.

    When I check in windoes the my devices area, there is a Novatel Wireless device that is working correctly, so I imagine the usb cable is working correctly.


    any suggestions ?

    Thanks

    Dwayne
  • #2

    Does this modem has connection software?
    Do you see it under modems and ports in device manager after you install all drivers?

    Comment

    • #3

      Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
      Does this modem has connection software?
      Do you see it under modems and ports in device manager after you install all drivers?
      Hi there;

      No it does not show under modems or ports. On windows 7 it comes up under "unspecified device". It shows as a Novatel Wireless 4g device, and it has the check mark to show the drivers are working correctly

      I have attached a screen shot of DC Unlocker...

      Thought's ?

      thanks

      Dwayne
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • #4

        Originally posted by AirWolf View Post
        Hi there;

        No it does not show under modems or ports. On windows 7 it comes up under "unspecified device". It shows as a Novatel Wireless 4g device, and it has the check mark to show the drivers are working correctly

        I have attached a screen shot of DC Unlocker...

        Thought's ?

        thanks

        Dwayne
        Sorry, if you do not see it under modems or ports you will not be able to detect it by dc-unlocker.
        Try to check, maybe any drivers are missing or not installed.

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
          if you do not see it under modems or ports you will not be able to detect it by dc-unlocker.
          Hi,

          I'm also interested in unlocking MiFi4510L Hotspot.
          Really it has several interfaces to OS.
          They are:

          1. Novatel Wireless Modem under "Modems" section
          2. Novatel Wireless Application Port under "Ports" section
          3. Novatel Wireless Status Port under "Ports" section
          4. Novatel Wireless Network Adapter under "Network Adapters" section

          Some more info: basically MiFi 4510L is Qualcomm MDM9600 based device.
          So unlocking may be very close to Pantech UML290VM modem.
          (UML290VM is based on the same Qualcomm chip)

          Is there any idea?

          Comment

          • #6

            Originally posted by dwarf View Post
            Hi,

            I'm also interested in unlocking MiFi4510L Hotspot.
            Really it has several interfaces to OS.
            They are:

            1. Novatel Wireless Modem under "Modems" section
            2. Novatel Wireless Application Port under "Ports" section
            3. Novatel Wireless Status Port under "Ports" section
            4. Novatel Wireless Network Adapter under "Network Adapters" section

            Some more info: basically MiFi 4510L is Qualcomm MDM9600 based device.
            So unlocking may be very close to Pantech UML290VM modem.
            (UML290VM is based on the same Qualcomm chip)

            Is there any idea?
            Try to detect it with DC-Unlocker with selecting model "Autodetect".

            If not detected, try to do this:
            1. Right click on Novatel device in "Modems" section > Properties > Modem.
            Find what COM port it uses. Lets say its COMxx
            2. Launch DC-Unlocker, select:
            Manufacturer: Novatel
            Model: any Mifi device from list.
            Application: COMxx
            Diagnostic: "Status Port under "Ports" section" COM port number.

            Then try to detect with DC-Unlocker.

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by Gintas View Post
              Try to detect it with DC-Unlocker with selecting model "Autodetect".
              Autodetect says "modem not found":
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0889

              Detecting card :

              selection :
              manufacturer - Novatel
              model - Auto detect (recommended)

              Model : Unknown
              IMEI : 990000625035086
              Firmware : MDM9600-2.23
              Compile date / time : Aug 29 201114:48:532011-08-29
              Chipset : Qualcomm
              NAND Flash : NAND01GR3B2CZA6
              SIM Lock status : unknown(read failed)


              modem not found !

              ==================================================


              Originally posted by Gintas View Post
              If not detected, try to do this:
              ...
              Then try to detect with DC-Unlocker.
              After selecting "Novatel" -> "Mifi2372" :
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0889

              Detecting card :

              selection :
              manufacturer - Novatel
              model - MiFi2372

              Found modem : MiFi4510L
              IMEI : 990000625035086
              Firmware : 2.23
              Compile date / time : Aug 29 2011 14:48:53
              Chipset : Qualcomm
              NAND Flash : NAND01GR3B2CZA6
              SIM Lock status : unknown(read failed)


              sorry, this modem not supported !

              ==================================================

              Is there any chance of success?

              Comment

              • #8

                Some more info:
                I forgot insert SIM card in previous experiment.

                After inserting SIM card i can see:

                Chipset : Qualcomm
                NAND Flash : NAND01GR3B2CZA6
                SIM Lock status : unlocked

                ==================================================

                But hotspot is locked to Verizon actually.

                Comment

                • #9

                  Do you have Vygis or DC-Unlocker dongle?

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Please contact us via Live Chat on working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm GMT) and we will be able to check more then.
                    You can find it here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/contacts

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by Gintas View Post
                      Do you have Vygis or DC-Unlocker dongle?
                      I have nothing, sorry.

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Originally posted by dwarf View Post
                        I have nothing, sorry.
                        No problem.
                        Please contact us via Live Chat on working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm GMT) and we will be able to check more then.
                        You can find it here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/contacts

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          Have the same prolem...

                          DC-Unlocker unable to detect MiFi 4510l modem. Windows installed the drivers for it correctly. When I select Novatel and auto-detect I see the following:

                          DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0913

                          Detecting card :

                          selection :
                          manufacturer - Novatel
                          model - Auto detect (recommended)

                          Model : Unknown
                          IMEI : 990000942569502
                          Firmware : MDM9600-2.28.02
                          Compile date / time : Apr 25 201210:02:432012-04-25
                          Chipset : Qualcomm
                          NAND Flash : MT29F1G08ABBDAH4
                          SIM Lock status : unknown(read failed)


                          modem not found !
                          ======================

                          but if I select any MiFi device from the list and setup the correct COM port than I see the following:

                          DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0913

                          Detecting card :

                          selection :
                          manufacturer - Novatel
                          model - MiFi3352

                          Found modem : MiFi4510L
                          IMEI : 990000942569502
                          Firmware : 2.28.02
                          Compile date / time : Apr 25 2012 10:02:43
                          Chipset : Qualcomm
                          NAND Flash : MT29F1G08ABBDAH4
                          SIM Lock status : unlocked

                          ==========================

                          but the device is still locked to Verizon.... Is there any solution to unlock it?

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by Victor Laverick View Post
                            DC-Unlocker unable to detect MiFi 4510l modem. Windows installed the drivers for it correctly. When I select Novatel and auto-detect I see the following:

                            DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0913

                            Detecting card :

                            selection :
                            manufacturer - Novatel
                            model - Auto detect (recommended)

                            Model : Unknown
                            IMEI : 990000942569502
                            Firmware : MDM9600-2.28.02
                            Compile date / time : Apr 25 201210:02:432012-04-25
                            Chipset : Qualcomm
                            NAND Flash : MT29F1G08ABBDAH4
                            SIM Lock status : unknown(read failed)


                            modem not found !
                            ======================

                            but if I select any MiFi device from the list and setup the correct COM port than I see the following:

                            DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0913

                            Detecting card :

                            selection :
                            manufacturer - Novatel
                            model - MiFi3352

                            Found modem : MiFi4510L
                            IMEI : 990000942569502
                            Firmware : 2.28.02
                            Compile date / time : Apr 25 2012 10:02:43
                            Chipset : Qualcomm
                            NAND Flash : MT29F1G08ABBDAH4
                            SIM Lock status : unlocked

                            ==========================

                            but the device is still locked to Verizon.... Is there any solution to unlock it?
                            Please contact us via Live Chat on working hours (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm GMT) and we will be able to check more then.
                            You can find it here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/contacts

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              Novatel MiFi 4510 is CDMA+LTE only

                              Hi there. This MiFi is not GSM. This is CDMA + LTE (700MHz) only. Means it will never works with GSM SIM cards and no reason to try to unlock it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X