Ruined my 3G card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined my 3G card?

I was trying to unlock the Option Globetrotter GTM382 in my Nokia Booklet netbook, but the program crashed and seems to have corrupted the firmware of the 3G chip. Is there any way I can fix that? The unlock software no longer detects the existence of my 3G card, and it also ate my money, so I'd have to give another $20 to try again anyhow. Is there anything I can do to restore the functionality of the 3G card?

Also, I wasn't aware when I started the unlock that it was likely to wreck my card that way. Some sort of warning would have been nice.

Ok, so I shut the netbook down (rebooting didn't work), and now it can see the device again. This time when I tried to unlock it, it said unlock failed, error code 24. That's after "waiting for modem to be ready", which never gets an ok. Do I need to insert a SIM to get the unlock to work?

Comment

Ok, so the problem ultimately was that I wasn't running the software as admin. I wasn't aware that non-admin had enough permissions to break hardware, but not enough to get it working again Anyhow, maybe a check to see if the software is running as admin would be nice.

Comment

Thank you for the information. Did you unlock the modem or still have problems? Is everything ok now?

Comment

Once I ran the program as admin (right-click on shortcut, run as admin), it did unlock the radio. I still haven't gotten to the point of actually getting the device working on a different network, but the OS no longer says the card is locked, so the software did work. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X