Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokia Booklet; ATT to T-Mobile

Hello everybody,

I had a big blowout with ATT, I've been with them since 1997 when they bought cingular so close to 20 years with them, You can read all about it at Nokia website. I wish I would have been smart enough not to call ATT or Nokia and come straight here and save time, money and aggravation. I spent close to 4 hours talking to both parties mentioned to no avail, except I'm no longer ATT customer and I also disconnected my landlines and every possible ties to them.

Given, I had my problems unlocking my booklet, all my fault because I did not follow all the instructions, but with the help of the mods (and I thank them for being patient) here, we have two out of three unlocked Nokia booklets working on T-Mobile 3G connection. The third one is currently out of country so I have to wait a week to unlock that one.

here is the way I did mine.

turn off the machine, take out battery and press on button for 10 seconds, put battery back in and start machine. I closed all / most of the running programs and started dc-unlocker in administrator mode....

1. choose "option" under manufacturer
    2. choose "globe trotter" under model
    3. choose "com 7" under ports or what ever yours is in control panel
    4. press search, it might change port, it did for mine make a not of it and new model.
    5. I went to unlocking and enabled all the bands
    6. press unlocking and mine was unlocked in about 30 seconds.

Hopefully this helps somebody, if it does I've done my part.

BTW, I'm writing this from my Nokia booklet using T-M connection.

here's what happened before I became a T-mobile customer

Last edited by Guest; 2010-07-09, 06:48 PM.

Forgot to mention, I downloaded the main program and the "option-globetrotter" software, don't know if it's necessary but it worked.

Comment

Thank you for good news.

Comment

I'm also trying to unlock the Option GTM382 in my Nokia Booklet 3G.

I get an error 31 in v1.00.335 (linked in the Sticky in this sub-forum), or if I use version v1.00.523, I get the error 36.

Is the "Option software" needed too ?

Should I try WITH a SIM installed ?

Any help greatly apprecated !!!

G

Comment

Originally posted by guilliamo View Post
          I'm also trying to unlock the Option GTM382 in my Nokia Booklet 3G.

I get an error 31 in v1.00.335 (linked in the Sticky in this sub-forum), or if I use version v1.00.523, I get the error 36.

Is the "Option software" needed too ?

Should I try WITH a SIM installed ?

Any help greatly apprecated !!!

G
          Try to use the latest dc-unlocker software version. 528 version.

Comment

AT&T to T-Mobile Nokia Booklet 3G

Vincentas:

Thanks.

Still no luck with version '528. Get the error 36 as before.

Tried removing battery and resetting the computer and disabling the Option GTM382 in the Windows Network panel & no luck....still the same error 36.

What was the "beta" mention in the Option sub-forum all about ?

Should I try with a SIM installed ?

Is there some (unlocking) use for the Option connection software linked on your web site ?

Appreciate the quick get-back !

G

Comment

Vincentas:

Thought my modem details might be useful:

Found modem: GTM382
              Model: GTM 382
              IMEI: 358232030073578
              Firmware: 2.9.4.11Hd
              Serial NR.: PR299AG1S5
              SIM lock status: Locked (PH-NET PIN)

Unclocking seems to proceed ok until the modem restarts and the progress bar gets to 98%, and unlocking fails with "Error 36".

I'd like to try the "beta" software discussed in this forum, unless you can be 100% sure that the functions of that version have been rolled into the latest release.

Thanks again,
              G

Comment

Could you contact us by live chat from our web page on working hours? From 11 to 19 gmt+2. Then we would be able to check more, what may be wrong.

Comment

I'll contact you by live chat, but it will take me a day or two before I'll be available when you are.

Thanks again!

G

Comment

Nokia Booklet 3G

i bought a nokia booklet 3G and found that it was locked to AT&T. after going through the support forum in nokia bought the dc unlocker and successfuly unlocked the modem. below are the details i get from dc unlocker.

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0528

Detecting card :

selection :
                    manufacturer - Option
                    model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : GTM382
                    Model : GTM 382
                    IMEI : 358232030117847
                    Firmware : 2.9.4.11Hd
                    Serial NR. : PR299B35F1
                    SIM Lock status : unlocked

But, still i cannot connect with my local 3G sim card. I live in Maldives and when i try to dial an error message shows as error 678. Can somebody please help me. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pobbs View Post
                      i bought a nokia booklet 3G and found that it was locked to AT&T. after going through the support forum in nokia bought the dc unlocker and successfuly unlocked the modem. below are the details i get from dc unlocker.

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0528

Detecting card :

selection :
                      manufacturer - Option
                      model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : GTM382
                      Model : GTM 382
                      IMEI : 358232030117847
                      Firmware : 2.9.4.11Hd
                      Serial NR. : PR299B35F1
                      SIM Lock status : unlocked

But, still i cannot connect with my local 3G sim card. I live in Maldives and when i try to dial an error message shows as error 678. Can somebody please help me. thanks
                      You need to check connection settings (APN, username and others).

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
                        You need to check connection settings (APN, username and others).
                        thank you very much for your quick response. while going through the setting i found that the 3G and wifi is disabled in the netbook. Its in flight mode now. I have tried to activate by fn+F10 but it doesnt work. Do you know any other method to activate 3G? I have uninstalled the AT&T Communication manager as well???? appreciate your help.

Comment

Nokia Booklet GTM382E Saga

Vincentas et al:

1) I bought two essentially identical Nokia Booklets with Option GTM382E cards, one for myself and one for my daughter. The DC-Unlocker software worked perfectly on my daughter's booklet, but failed on mine. Vincentas offered and provided online chat assistance, but still no-go after analysis & provided a prompt refund. Kudos to the DC-Unlocker folks for running a class operation. Fortunately, AT&T responded to my phone request and after a few days provided unlock software unique to my IMEI.

2) Soooo, now we are happy campers and get GPS up and running. Microsoft's
                          "Streets and Trips 2010" works very nicely BUT takes a while to get a fix.

3) Found updated/newer GTM382 firmware @ <http://cid-9354f0256a7618cb.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.res/9354F0256A7618CB!164> & flashed MY GTM382. Result was a dramatic improvement in GPS performance...even works great indoors anywhere near a window.

4) Now I flash my daughter's GTM382 & although the flashing seemed to complete fine & identically to the behavior on my machine, after flashing the GTM382 is invisible. DC-Unlocker can't find it, does not show up in Device Manager, and the Option flashing software finds no card to re-flash.

5) I have heard that Option has a special driver that will make the GTM382 sufficiently visible that a re-flash can be attempted. HOWEVER, if such a special driver exists, it is a much more closely held secret than the firmware upgrade.

6) Any ideas, help would be greatly appreciated !

G

Vincentas:

Thought my modem details might be useful:

Found modem: GTM382
                          Model: GTM 382
                          IMEI: 358232030073578
                          Firmware: 2.9.4.11Hd
                          Serial NR.: PR299AG1S5
                          SIM lock status: Locked (PH-NET PIN)

Comment

Vincentas et al:

1) I bought two essentially identical Nokia Booklets with Option GTM382E cards, one for myself and one for my daughter. The DC-Unlocker software worked perfectly on my daughter's booklet, but failed on mine. Vincentas offered and provided online chat assistance, but still no-go after analysis & provided a prompt refund. Kudos to the DC-Unlocker folks for running a class operation. Fortunately, AT&T responded to my phone request and after a few days provided unlock software unique to my IMEI.

2) Soooo, now we are happy campers and get GPS up and running. Microsoft's
                            "Streets and Trips 2010" works very nicely BUT takes a while to get a fix.

3) Found updated/newer GTM382 firmware @ <http://cid-9354f0256a7618cb.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.res/9354F0256A7618CB!164> & flashed MY GTM382. Result was a dramatic improvement in GPS performance...even works great indoors anywhere near a window.

4) Now I flash my daughter's GTM382 & although the flashing seemed to complete fine & identically to the behavior on my machine, after flashing the GTM382 is invisible. DC-Unlocker can't find it, does not show up in Device Manager, and the Option flashing software finds no card to re-flash.

5) I have heard that Option has a special driver that will make the GTM382 sufficiently visible that a re-flash can be attempted. HOWEVER, if such a special driver exists, it is a much more closely held secret than the firmware upgrade.

6) Any ideas, help would be greatly appreciated !

G
                            Try to remove battery, then connect it back and then start computer. Sometimes it helps.

Comment

I am a dongle user. Can I remotely unlock a GPRS modem in a Nokia RX-75 . I believe the modem should be Option GlobeTrotter MO40 x GTM382. Thank you for any assistance.

Comment

Working...
                              X