Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

firmware crashed on globetrotter HSDPA modem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • firmware crashed on globetrotter HSDPA modem

    i have a option icon 225 modem(branded by orange)
    while i was updating firmware 2.5.13Hd (lights were blinking fast on modem)
    and then the program shows a error
    (i think i had a problem with USB cable it isn't working well)
    so i unplugged it and re-plugged (lights were still blinking fast)
    i tried many time but device wasn't detected any more

    windows shows "found new hard ware globetrotter HSDPA modem"
    but i can't install any drivers
    i searched many forums on internet but i couldn't find any solution

    please help me
    thanks..

  • #2
    Try to install drivers manually. Then try to run update again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dilshandd View Post
      i have a option icon 225 modem(branded by orange)
      while i was updating firmware 2.5.13Hd (lights were blinking fast on modem)
      and then the program shows a error
      (i think i had a problem with USB cable it isn't working well)
      so i unplugged it and re-plugged (lights were still blinking fast)
      i tried many time but device wasn't detected any more

      windows shows "found new hard ware globetrotter HSDPA modem"
      but i can't install any drivers
      i searched many forums on internet but i couldn't find any solution

      please help me
      thanks..
      First unplugged the device,uninstall all drivers,restart the computer,re-plugged the device,install all drivers and then try to update the firmware.
      Last edited by Gintas; 2011-08-17, 08:00 AM. Reason: deleted advertisement

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for both of your advices

        i have tried install drivers by using found new hardware wizard but i couldn't install any driver
        and i have install software which are i got from orange web site and option web site both softwares show "device not found"(i re-installed and installed again)

        what you mean manually is there any other option?



        pls help me

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dilshandd View Post
          Thanks for both of your advices

          i have tried install drivers by using found new hardware wizard but i couldn't install any driver
          and i have install software which are i got from orange web site and option web site both softwares show "device not found"(i re-installed and installed again)

          what you mean manually is there any other option?



          pls help me
          Mean select unknown device (device without driver) in device manager, select update driver, give folder tos earch for drivers where driver is saved.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
            Mean select unknown device (device without driver) in device manager, select update driver, give folder tos earch for drivers where driver is saved.
            i have done this too but still have the problem
            (it shows "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software")

            thanks for ur reply

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dilshandd View Post
              i have done this too but still have the problem
              (it shows "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software")

              thanks for ur reply
              Sure you have selected correct folder where the drivers are? From where did you use drivers? Are you sure you have selected to install drivers manually, not used the vizard that searches drivers in internet?

              Comment


              • #8
                i'm sure i had selected the correct folder
                (there was 3 folders 32,64 & NDIS sample. I chose 32 .I can't choose "NIDS sample" because ok button isn't active when i selected it)

                i have 2 drivers and 2 softwares with drivers.i tried them all

                i have tried a superfire (a firmware which is i got from option website) and i found this in its log file
                "13.440: Cg: Found USB device with hardware ID [USB\ROOT_HUB&VID8086&PID2412&REV0002,USB\ROOT_HUB& VID8086&PID2412,USB\ROOT_HUB], checking it...

                13.440: Cg: Found USB device with hardware ID [USB\Vid_0af0&Pid_6961&Rev_0000,USB\Vid_0af0&Pid_69 61], checking it...

                13.440: Cg: DevNode 0x838 status is 0x1806000, problem# is 0 (inactive)
                "

                thanx

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dilshandd View Post
                  i'm sure i had selected the correct folder
                  (there was 3 folders 32,64 & NDIS sample. I chose 32 .I can't choose "NIDS sample" because ok button isn't active when i selected it)

                  i have 2 drivers and 2 softwares with drivers.i tried them all

                  i have tried a superfire (a firmware which is i got from option website) and i found this in its log file
                  "13.440: Cg: Found USB device with hardware ID [USB\ROOT_HUB&VID8086&PID2412&REV0002,USB\ROOT_HUB& VID8086&PID2412,USB\ROOT_HUB], checking it...

                  13.440: Cg: Found USB device with hardware ID [USB\Vid_0af0&Pid_6961&Rev_0000,USB\Vid_0af0&Pid_69 61], checking it...

                  13.440: Cg: DevNode 0x838 status is 0x1806000, problem# is 0 (inactive)
                  "

                  thanx
                  Sorry, then i think wee can not help you. It may be that your modem is damaged.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    oh its okay

                    thanks for tried to help me

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i have the same problem is there any solution??

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X