Aircard 803S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircard 803S

Need to unlock my Sprint Aircard 803S. Does anybody have any experience with this device? Just got the service and really like the device, but where I'm moving next week (out in the country), I don't get my 3G/4G LTE service. However, my T-Mobile is full bars! Wow, would love to unlock my Sprint device so that I can use it with T-Mobile service. They even have a discount for the company I work for. Can't afford a new device though so it's important that I get this unlocked. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

RnS

Could you try to detect this modem by dc-unlocker software and copy here what is detected?

Comment

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0987

Detecting modem :

selection :
      manufacturer - SierraWireless
      model - Auto detect (recommended)

modem not found !

Thanks....I will say that I am using this device for my i-net connection as I'm trying to read it. When I was into this before (many years ago), I vaguely remember having to be online with a different connection in order to read the subject device. Is that still the case? If so, I will say that I did try that the other day using a different connection for i-net and got the same message. Wondering if I need to remove sim card, uninstall drivers, etc.

Comment

It must be connected to pc, but not to the internet. Otherwise you won't be able to detect/unlock it.
        >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

OK. Finally in a position to use different connection and try to autodetect for Sierra Wireless Aircard 803S. No go! Cannot detect modem. Can someone help me unlock this bad boy. Thanks in advance....

Comment

Originally posted by ricknsaudi View Post
            OK. Finally in a position to use different connection and try to autodetect for Sierra Wireless Aircard 803S. No go! Cannot detect modem. Can someone help me unlock this bad boy. Thanks in advance....
            If internet connection comes from another device then it might be the reason why it doesn't get detected. Check how your device appears in device manager when its connected. You can try to detect it while being offline no other phones/modems connected to pc.

Officially device is not supported for unlocking by dc-unlocker but if you could detect it we might find a solution to unlock it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
              If internet connection comes from another device then it might be the reason why it doesn't get detected. Check how your device appears in device manager when its connected. You can try to detect it while being offline no other phones/modems connected to pc.

Officially device is not supported for unlocking by dc-unlocker but if you could detect it we might find a solution to unlock it.
              Thank you sir. I understand your "official" position, but I've tried every combination of connection in my arsenal and still cannot detect it. I use the free wifi at this RV park. It's very frustrating because Spring sucks. They blatantly charge me for usage that simply could not have existed. I like the device though and will hold out hope that we can unlock this bad boy.

Thanks, Rick

Comment

Thank you sir. I understand your "official" position, but I've tried every combination of connection in my arsenal and still cannot detect it. I use the free wifi at this RV park. It's very frustrating because Spring sucks. They blatantly charge me for usage that simply could not have existed. I like the device though and will hold out hope that we can unlock this bad boy.

Thanks, Rick
                After you connect this device to computer, do you see any new device in device manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
                  After you connect this device to computer, do you see any new device in device manager?
                  Thank you. Ensured internet strictly laptop onboard card. With Device manager open, I see a new entry under Network Adapters called "Sierra Wireless Network Adapter #2".

Still not detecting modem.

Also, sorry for the "hit and miss" reply trend. Seems I'm traveling wayyyy to much for my liking.

Your help is very much appreciated. I'm ready for your next suggestion.

RD

Comment

• ralowiczlive
                    ralowiczlive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Any progress on SWAC803S. I want to use on on my Clear 4G+ account. Network accepts my Wimax Mac ID but cannot change NAI to [email protected] to use 3G. Suggestions anyone?

Thank you. Ensured internet strictly laptop onboard card. With Device manager open, I see a new entry under Network Adapters called "Sierra Wireless Network Adapter #2".

Still not detecting modem.

Also, sorry for the "hit and miss" reply trend. Seems I'm traveling wayyyy to much for my liking.

Your help is very much appreciated. I'm ready for your next suggestion.

RD
                  Maybe device appears under CDROMS in my computer? If so try to open and check if everything is installed from there as it might provided additional drivers that are needed. Also try to eject the device by right clicking on it in my computer (if it appears there) and check in device manager if its still under network adapters.

Comment

Maybe device appears under CDROMS in my computer? If so try to open and check if everything is installed from there as it might provided additional drivers that are needed. Also try to eject the device by right clicking on it in my computer (if it appears there) and check in device manager if its still under network adapters.
                    DOES NOT appear as a CDROM (or any other device in My Computer). Therefore cannot "eject" and still showing as network adapter in Device Manager.

Thanks

Comment

DOES NOT appear as a CDROM (or any other device in My Computer). Therefore cannot "eject" and still showing as network adapter in Device Manager.

Thanks
                      Maybe when you disable your device from network adapters it appears differently?

Comment

Maybe when you disable your device from network adapters it appears differently?
                        Tried disabling network adapter, refresh, no change in my computer. Also see "Sierra Wireless Tethered Hotspot" in Device Manager - USB Controllers. Tried disabling that as well, refresh, no change in my computer.

Modem not found in any of those scenarios.

Thanks

Comment

Tried disabling network adapter, refresh, no change in my computer. Also see "Sierra Wireless Tethered Hotspot" in Device Manager - USB Controllers. Tried disabling that as well, refresh, no change in my computer.

Modem not found in any of those scenarios.

Thanks
                          Unfortunately but it seems that device could not be detected by dc-unlocker at the moment, therefore we won't be able to investigate further for possible unlock solution.

Comment

OK. I understand. Question though, as I'm not a programmer or a code cracker, what steps are involved with exploring how to unlock devices that are new to your inventory? Did that make any sense? Just curious. Do you start by backward engineering, trying different things like we did, etc.?

If there is anything that comes to your mind at a later date, please re-establish dialogue as I will not rest until this Sprint lock is removed and I can use my proprietary device with a service that is far better. Sprint sucks! (JMO of course)

Comment

Working...
                            X