Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSL code for Aircard 771s

Hi
    Having unlocked an Aircard 771s using DC locker it would seem you need an MSL code to be able to enter manual settings.
    So although it accepts the sim ... it will only stay in 3G.
    I have tried using the read ram facility of DC-unlocker but it fails.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Is there a code generator that works ?
    Cheers
    Billy

Hi
    Am I asking for support in the right area ? ... or do I need to contact Admin or something.
    Having paid £13 to unlock this device I'm not very happy that is still locked out of 4G, so technically still locked .
    Cheers
    Billy

Comment

Sorry, we do not have information about MSL code. If devcie accept other provider sim card it is unlocked. More information how to configure and use device you should check in device manual.

Comment

Hi
        Thanks I was kind of hoping that the DC-unlock software could be developed to read the MSL code like I assume it reads the simlock code.
        Basically you need that code on an Aircard to be able to enter the settings manually.
        Otherwise it can only connect at 3G in Europe.
        Cheers
        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Billythewizz View Post
          Hi
          Thanks I was kind of hoping that the DC-unlock software could be developed to read the MSL code like I assume it reads the simlock code.
          Basically you need that code on an Aircard to be able to enter the settings manually.
          Otherwise it can only connect at 3G in Europe.
          Cheers
          Billy
          It may be that if device is not from Europe it work in other frequecies and will not work in european frequecies as they are not same. Any settings will not help here.

Comment

Hi
            Thanks ... yes that is why I need to be able to use Manual settings ... the hardware is built by Netgear (actually in China), but sold through Spirit who lock the software.
            DC-Unlocker must read the memory and extract the simlock ... I was hoping it could also read the MSL lock.
            Failing that could the SPC code be read ?
            As I have CDMA workshop which can reset the MSL code ... but needs the SPC code first.

Or does DC-Unlocker just connect to your server which only has a list of simlock codes.

Cheers
            Billy

Comment

Sorry, but dc-unlocker can not provide any of those codes or assist with this matter.
              >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

to read and reset you need 16digits password,and bad news is sieera old 16digits password not work.
                you can google to find NEW 16digit for sierra,goodluck...

Comment

Same issue here, my netgear aircard 779s suddenly bricked itself by re-locking to the original provider, dc unlocker says it unlocked it but it still wants to be activated with the original provider. Factory reset asks for an MSL code….

It’s a doorstop now?

Comment

Originally posted by mcewena View Post
                    Same issue here, my netgear aircard 779s suddenly bricked itself by re-locking to the original provider, dc unlocker says it unlocked it but it still wants to be activated with the original provider. Factory reset asks for an MSL code….

It’s a doorstop now?
                    To get correct lock status on dc-unlocker, there should be no sim inside the device.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post

To get correct lock status on dc-unlocker, there should be no sim inside the device.
                      SIM removed, shows unlocked but still demands activation from Sprint. Phoned Sprint, they said phone Boost, boost said contact Netgear...

selection :
                      manufacturer - SierraWireless/NETGEAR
                      model - Netgear AirCard 779S

Selected Applications port COM6
                      Selected Diagnostics port COM7

Found modem : AC779S
                      Model : Netgear AirCard 779S
                      IMEI : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Serial NR. : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Firmware : NTG9X15A_01.08.02.00
                      Voice feature : disabled
                      SIM Lock status : unlocked

Comment

In such case either your IMEI blacklisted or web ui customized to specific carrier without possibility to use with another service provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
                          In such case either your IMEI blacklisted or web ui customized to specific carrier without possibility to use with another service provider.
                          I suspect the former, the Boost guy initially said it was reported lost/stolen then backtracked (likely 'cause he wasn't supposed to give out that kind of info). Ebay buyer beware I guess. Will try my ipad as a hotspot for a while and see how that goes.

Comment

Working...
                          X