778s already unlocked, recognizing card, but not connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 778s already unlocked, recognizing card, but not connecting

I've bought 778S on a recent trip to Kiev, Ukraine. It's branded as Virgin Mobile and was unlocked. There was no SIM in it and in Ukraine it worked just fine on the Virgin network there. I've brought it to UK put in 3 (Three) pre-paid sim card which has been working fine in my iPad.

The SIM would not be recognized. Cue in DC-unlocker (i though that's what I had to do), alas no option to unlock as the device was already unlocked. After_voice activation_ it recognizes the SIM card, alas still no INTERNET (the device says DATA is not connected). Presumably there's something in the firmware that used to replace the physical SIM for the Ukrainian network. I've searched far and wide and can't fine any firmware for the Netgear 778S to reset it to factory base config.

Any ideas anyone?

Maybe there was original sim inserted when you detected modem by dc-unlocker? Only with not original ims you will see correct lock status.
    If device accept other provider sim, but no internet, try to check, maybe connection settings - apn, username and others are not entered or are incorrect.

Comment

Working...
    X