Netgear aircard 779s fubar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netgear aircard 779s fubar?

I bought an unlocked netgear on ebay years ago with a splash screen that indicates it was from Boost originally. I've used it with all 3 major carriers in Canada but I've never been able to get it to accept a US SIM card (never tried boost). I was using it a couple of weeks ago in Canada (with Rogers network) when overnight it seemed to reset itself to factory defaults and says "activation required". When I connect to it I can no longer edit the apn manually and the activation takes me to an AT&T activation site (that I think is obsolete). I tried DC-Unlocker (1.00.1431) just to see what I could see and it says "modem not found', doesn't matter if I select 779s or use auto detect. I hear the usb tone when I connect it.

Door stop?

You should check on pc in device manager for how your device appears there before/during detection. Maybe it has "!" or "?" marks next to it, which would indicate its not set up properly for detection.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Thanks. When I first plugged it in, it came up as a USB drive with driver files. It self installed the drivers then disappeared. However it turns out there was still a SIM card in it from my testing Once I removed that, it shows up with unlocker as locked. I'm trying to figure out how it locked itself as it was working. If I pay to unlock it will it just lock itself again with some future auto-update?

Comment

I won't be able to answer this re-locking issue you face with your unit, but repeating unlock with dc-unlocker on same device with same account is free/unlimited. So even if it re-locks ever again you can always unlock it for free.
        >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Working...
        X