Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Vincentas,

please see the below:

The qcserial kernel module serves 2 functions. Its first function is to load the correct firmware into the Gobi chipset. The second purpose ...
    Last edited by thepinkpanter; 2009-12-23, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Vaio x

Hello Vincentas, I have vaio X118KJ from Japan and I really want to unlock its 3G. I tried Sony Suuport but they refused to pass NCK code
      A nice looking notebook that supposed to be portable but only inside Japan is totally nonsense
      See below the log from latest DC-Unlocker:

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0388

Detecting card :

selection :
      manufacturer - Novatel
      model - Auto detect

Found modem : Qualcomm Gobi 2000
      IMEI : ********
      Firmware : 1025-STUTABGD-3574
      SIM Lock status : Locked (PH-NET PIN)

sorry, this card not supported !

Please, check manufacturer's selection !

================================================== =

Look if this link can help you
      Last edited by Vincentas; 2010-01-08, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you for information, but we still have no solution for unlocking this modem.

Comment

maybe this ???

Comment

gobi 2000 software

Hi,
            I purchased a qualcomm gobi 2000 from digi.com but did not get software with it. I had a qualcomm undp1 that came with my acer aspire one AO531H netbook so I thought it would be an easy upgrade ( no) I also upgraded to Windows 7 home basic from XP. I did expect the drivers to install but microsoft could not find the software to allow the module to be recognized.
            I did download from Acer all the drivers and such for windows 7 but still no luck. all it shows is that I need software.
            Can anyone help with this problem.
            Also would the software have to come from the 3g carriers like AT&T or is there an unlock software I can use as Qualcomm doesn't have a software download site that I can find.
            hoping to get the card working.
            secuuda

Comment

Hello nok.8850,

I bought one unlocked UNDP-1 on Ebay but I can't use it ,,the device ask for the HS-USB driver, but which one! because the Sony HS-USB modem driver and Gobi image they are already installed,
              than after 3 hours I quit with.

while the laptop was open I tryed the UNDP-1 I found originally into my US Sony Vaio Z790DLX ...............SURPRISE! I got connection with my TIM ITALIA sim card,
              so nok.8850 ..you are right!
              only the EV-DO/CDMA is Verizon locked or MAYBE NOT! because I can only verify once I am back to US.

now my question is:

what should I do with the unlocked UNDP-1 and the unlocked GOBI2000 I have bought?
              any way in order to make them compatible with my Vaio Z790DLX with Windows 7 64bit?

HELP!
              Last edited by thepinkpanter; 2010-01-20, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Hi thepinkpanter

Good to hear you have at least one Gobi installed & working -

OK, so you have 2 modules that do not work within your US Sony Vaio Z790DLX... You could resell them on eBay or other forum members here.

Do you know which notebook manufacturer the Gobi modules were intended for? HP, Dell, Lenovo? If you knew, did you install the correct drivers & utility software?

Comment

Originally posted by nok.8850 View Post
                  Hi thepinkpanter

Good to hear you have at least one Gobi installed & working -

OK, so you have 2 modules that do not work within your US Sony Vaio Z790DLX... You could resell them on eBay or other forum members here.

Do you know which notebook manufacturer the Gobi modules were intended for? HP, Dell, Lenovo? If you knew, did you install the correct drivers & utility software?
                  honestly I didn't even tryed because I found one forum where somebody got many problems because the driver brand was different.

Comment

Solution to Sony X11 Series?

Hi Guys - i picked up a UK version of this great machine.

the 3G seemed to be locked to Orange - which was no good for me, i was playing about - if I install the following:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computin...WAN_Connection manager_R5_Generic_ENU_1.x_32bit_64bit_E_1.0_1.0.0 .1_ENU.zip&m=VPCX11S1E_B&ip=Preinstalled_Drivers.h tm

It allowed me to use any chip I want - all i need to do is set up the profile with correct APN.

I may just be doing something very obvious, so apologies if thats the case... but thought I'd post just in case anyone else was in the same boat... I assume it will work on the other regional units as well.

Hope it helps,

Nick

Comment

Hi Vincentas,

Has there been any updates as to unlocking this modem ?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rl149 View Post
                        Hi Vincentas,

Has there been any updates as to unlocking this modem ?

Thank you
                        No, still no updates. If we would have upates , we would write here in forum and in web page also.

Comment

Hi, Vincentas!
                          I think that is firmware http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...C=Acer&SC=PA_6
                          What you say?

Comment

Working...
                          X