Unlock Netgear MBR1516

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlock Netgear MBR1516

I have a Netgear model MBR1516 Turbo Hub that I purchased from Bell. I am switching to a different ISP - FIDO/ROGERS - and want to continue using this hub if possible. Bell will unlock it for me for a high fee and a tech at Netgear tells me it will work on the Fido/Rogers network. (I have an unlocked Netgear AirCard 763S that works just fine on Fido/Rogers so I am inclined to believe Netgear's advice.) I can't find reference to the MBR1516 anywhere on this forum so am wondering why, and if anyone here has any advice or comment. The IMEI of the Turbo Hub is 012626000520310.
    THANKS!

Originally posted by Shappy View Post
    I have a Netgear model MBR1516 Turbo Hub that I purchased from Bell. I am switching to a different ISP - FIDO/ROGERS - and want to continue using this hub if possible. Bell will unlock it for me for a high fee and a tech at Netgear tells me it will work on the Fido/Rogers network. (I have an unlocked Netgear AirCard 763S that works just fine on Fido/Rogers so I am inclined to believe Netgear's advice.) I can't find reference to the MBR1516 anywhere on this forum so am wondering why, and if anyone here has any advice or comment. The IMEI of the Turbo Hub is 012***********.
    THANKS!
    Please try to detect it on DC-Unlocker software, we might be able to unlock it for you if you successfully detect it.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

tried to detect

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly ... I downloaded the unlocker file; there is no 'Netgear' listed, or 'other' listed, so I tried each manufacturer in turn and no modem was detected. Is there some other procedure to try?
      THANKS!

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly ... I downloaded the unlocker file; there is no 'Netgear' listed, or 'other' listed, so I tried each manufacturer in turn and no modem was detected. Is there some other procedure to try?
        THANKS!
        You shoudl select sierra wireless as manufacturer. Make sure you do not use device while you are trying to detect it. Check in device manager and let us know under what lines it is visible there. If device has any software installed on pc it should be closed and not running.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
          You shoudl select sierra wireless as manufacturer. Make sure you do not use device while you are trying to detect it. Check in device manager and let us know under what lines it is visible there. If device has any software installed on pc it should be closed and not running.
          In Device Manager the MBR1516 is listed under 'Network adapters' as:
          Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection
          I tried detecting with it enabled and then disabled - same result 'modem not detected'.
          I also tried detecting the Sierra Wireless AC763S and it wasn't detected either. I must still be doing something wrong.

Comment

In Device Manager the MBR1516 is listed under 'Network adapters' as:
            Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Network Connection
            I tried detecting with it enabled and then disabled - same result 'modem not detected'.
            I also tried detecting the Sierra Wireless AC763S and it wasn't detected either. I must still be doing something wrong.
            Drivers installed for sierra device? also it there is one more thing that might be causeing detection problem. After you connect device to pc there might appear its drive/cdrom in computer area, if so then try to eject it before detection just make sure you install everything whats in it for your device.

Comment

Drivers installed for sierra device? also it there is one more thing that might be causeing detection problem. After you connect device to pc there might appear its drive/cdrom in computer area, if so then try to eject it before detection just make sure you install everything whats in it for your device.
              Both the Sierra device and the MBR1516 are installed and both are usable. I can disable each, or unplug/turn off, and use the other so I assume all drivers are there. There's nothing in the CDROM drive and neither device shows in the 'my computer' window. I've also tried to detect with device turned on and off. Same result, no detection. Right now I'm using the AirCard 763S to send this message.

Comment

Both the Sierra device and the MBR1516 are installed and both are usable. I can disable each, or unplug/turn off, and use the other so I assume all drivers are there. There's nothing in the CDROM drive and neither device shows in the 'my computer' window. I've also tried to detect with device turned on and off. Same result, no detection. Right now I'm using the AirCard 763S to send this message.
                Ok, are there more phones, modems, routers connected to pc when you try to detect one of those devices? maybe you are using SW 763s or mbr1516 for internet during detect time as they can not be connected to it during this time. You can try to detect them with our beta dc-unlocker software https://files.dc-unlocker.com/backen...C97BEED952F693 that has improved detection for device that are detected via ip.

Comment

Ok, are there more phones, modems, routers connected to pc when you try to detect one of those devices? maybe you are using SW 763s or mbr1516 for internet during detect time as they can not be connected to it during this time. You can try to detect them with our beta dc-unlocker software https://files.dc-unlocker.com/backen...C97BEED952F693 that has improved detection for device that are detected via ip.
                  Sorry I am so confused. When you say the devices should not be 'connected' to the internet do you mean I should close my browser and email program, or just 'disable' the devices in 'network connections' or 'device manager'? Or should the devices themselves be physically turned 'off'? (if I turn off the AirCard I don't see how it could be detected because it is wireless, and if it is turned on it is connected to the internet even though I wouldn't be downloading or uploading anything.)

Comment

OK I tried to detect using Sierra Wireless manufacturer with both devices turned on but 'disabled' in device manager. Same result 'no modem detected'. I tried this using the Beta software.

Comment

Sorry I am so confused. When you say the devices should not be 'connected' to the internet do you mean I should close my browser and email program, or just 'disable' the devices in 'network connections' or 'device manager'? Or should the devices themselves be physically turned 'off'? (if I turn off the AirCard I don't see how it could be detected because it is wireless, and if it is turned on it is connected to the internet even though I wouldn't be downloading or uploading anything.)
                      I mean that they should be connected to pc via usb cable but not connected to internet, you must not use them for your internet connection during detect time. Maybe you have user account for dc-unlocker or dc-unlocker/rocker/vygis/infinity dongle? If so, then we would be able to take log file from you.

Comment

I mean that they should be connected to pc via usb cable but not connected to internet, you must not use them for your internet connection during detect time. Maybe you have user account for dc-unlocker or dc-unlocker/rocker/vygis/infinity dongle? If so, then we would be able to take log file from you.
                        OK, THANKS! So here's what I did - hooked the 763S to computer via USB cable; did not connect to internet. Ran DC-Unlocker and the modem was detected. Did the same with the MBR1516 using an ethernet cable connection; ran the DC-Unlocker beta program going through all the listed manufacturers one at a time, with the SIM card removed, and got 'no modem detected' every time. I don't know what you are referring to by "user account for dc-unlocker or dc-unlocker/rocker/vygis/infinity dongle"

Comment

OK, THANKS! So here's what I did - hooked the 763S to computer via USB cable; did not connect to internet. Ran DC-Unlocker and the modem was detected. Did the same with the MBR1516 using an ethernet cable connection; ran the DC-Unlocker beta program going through all the listed manufacturers one at a time, with the SIM card removed, and got 'no modem detected' every time. I don't know what you are referring to by "user account for dc-unlocker or dc-unlocker/rocker/vygis/infinity dongle"
                          Well then you can unlock SW 763S if you have detected it. And since MBR1516 is not in our supported device list and you can not detect it, we won't be able to check more regarding it without having device here with us.

Comment

Well then you can unlock SW 763S if you have detected it. And since MBR1516 is not in our supported device list and you can not detect it, we won't be able to check more regarding it without having device here with us.
                            My 763S is already unlocked - I bought it that way. Where is "here with us"?

Comment

My 763S is already unlocked - I bought it that way. Where is "here with us"?
                              DC-Unlocker is located in Lithuania.

Comment

Working...
                              X