Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netgear Aircard 341u (Sprint) can't connect to network after dc-unlocked

Hi,
    I have unlocked my Netgear 341 after it was MEP locked. Unlock process passed without issues.
    I'm trying to work with my Orange SIM on it (3G). APN is set correctly, I can see the network bars LED working, status is "Ready to connect" but it doesn't connect to the network, I see it is constantly saying "Connecting" on web interface if I click on "Connect". on my AT commands I tried AT+CREG (check network registration) gives an ERROR, so all other AT commands for network status.
    Any idea what should be my next step ?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by yanivkl View Post
    Hi,
    I have unlocked my Netgear 341 after it was MEP locked. Unlock process passed without issues.
    I'm trying to work with my Orange SIM on it (3G). APN is set correctly, I can see the network bars LED working, status is "Ready to connect" but it doesn't connect to the network, I see it is constantly saying "Connecting" on web interface if I click on "Connect". on my AT commands I tried AT+CREG (check network registration) gives an ERROR, so all other AT commands for network status.
    Any idea what should be my next step ?
    Thanks!
    Make sure network type is not selected manually, use automatic, also make sure frequencies of operator you try to use it with matched with device's supported ones. Further connection issues should be checked only with operator of sim card that you try to use device with.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I see the dongle "thinks" it is roaming all the time, it is as if we can accept a different SIM but somewhere in the firmware it still has US as a base location (which is different from where I am working).
      Another question if I may - is it safe to do any firmware upgrade to the modem after it has been unlocked ?
      During the unlock procedure I didn't get an option to enter the IMEI code or any other code, is that OK ?
      Last edited by yanivkl; 2015-10-18, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yanivkl View Post
        Thanks for your reply, I see the dongle "thinks" it is roaming all the time, it is as if we can accept a different SIM but somewhere in the firmware it still has US as a base location (which is different from where I am working).
        Another question if I may - is it safe to do any firmware upgrade to the modem after it has been unlocked ?
        During the unlock procedure I didn't get an option to enter the IMEI code or any other code, is that OK ?
        If you see network bu can not connect, there should be settings problem. Check, if all connection settings are entered and that they are correct.
        It may be locked again after firmware upgrade, but you will be able to repeat unlock for same device by using same username for free.
        Yes, it is ok. Unlock is done by software, not by code.

Comment

Working...
        X