ZTE MF62 unable to unlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTE MF62 unable to unlock

Your supported ZTE models list includes the ZTE MF62 and I paid the required credit points, downloaded your software, plugged the modem in as per instructions and the modem is not detected.

The modem normally operates by WiFi and the operating system is on the modem and accessed only by a browser on WiFi.

No software or drivers are installed on the computer. This is the normal operating procedure for the ZTE MF62. If your unlocking software does not work with this modem why do you have it listed? If it does work - tell me how, or I will demand a refund from PayPal

Originally posted by richardhc View Post
    Your supported ZTE models list includes the ZTE MF62 and I paid the required credit points, downloaded your software, plugged the modem in as per instructions and the modem is not detected.

The modem normally operates by WiFi and the operating system is on the modem and accessed only by a browser on WiFi.

No software or drivers are installed on the computer. This is the normal operating procedure for the ZTE MF62. If your unlocking software does not work with this modem why do you have it listed? If it does work - tell me how, or I will demand a refund from PayPal
    You have to connect this modem by USB to computer, not by WiFi.

Comment

I did exactly as instructed and it did not work.

I did exactly as instructed by the software and your tutorials. I inserted the SIM card from the other provider, connected the modem with the USB cable. I Tried the automatic modem discovery - that resulted in Modem Not Found. I specified the ZTE MF62 modem in the list of modems tried to find it again - Modem not Found.

I have seen multiple other postings in this forum with exactly the same problem and no solution from the staff on how to correct it.

When I check the device manager it sees the MF62 as an external disk drive, not as a modem. So what do I do to get the computer to recognize it as a modem? The forum also says to be sure the modem software has shut down. But there IS no modem software. If there should be, where do I find it?

Comment

I did exactly as instructed by the software and your tutorials. I inserted the SIM card from the other provider, connected the modem with the USB cable. I Tried the automatic modem discovery - that resulted in Modem Not Found. I specified the ZTE MF62 modem in the list of modems tried to find it again - Modem not Found.

I have seen multiple other postings in this forum with exactly the same problem and no solution from the staff on how to correct it.

When I check the device manager it sees the MF62 as an external disk drive, not as a modem. So what do I do to get the computer to recognize it as a modem? The forum also says to be sure the modem software has shut down. But there IS no modem software. If there should be, where do I find it?
        Can you tell me, please? What country and provider is this modem locked to?
        Australian Telstra ones cannot be detected by DC-Unlocker.

Comment

It is locked to Virgin Australia. If dc unlocker can't detect this modem - even in some conditions - there should be a warning about this in the supported modem list. I bought this modem thinking the dc unlocker software would unlock it so I am out a significant amount of money first to Virgin and then buying credits on the dc_unlocker website.

I know there are unlocked Virgin MF82 modems out there and Virgin itself offers to unlock them if you top up your credit with $80 - so it is possible. So how do I do it using dc unlocker?

Comment

It is locked to Virgin Australia. If dc unlocker can't detect this modem - even in some conditions - there should be a warning about this in the supported modem list. I bought this modem thinking the dc unlocker software would unlock it so I am out a significant amount of money first to Virgin and then buying credits on the dc_unlocker website.

I know there are unlocked Virgin MF82 modems out there and Virgin itself offers to unlock them if you top up your credit with $80 - so it is possible. So how do I do it using dc unlocker?
            Sorry, but if you can mot make modem visible as modem in device manager it can not be detected by dc-unlocker then you can not unlock it by dc-unlocker.
            We can only offer you refund for credits that you bought for unlock, if credits were purchased directly from us.

Comment

Working...
            X