Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not unlock Tmobile 4G Hotspot MF61

HI
    Im having problem unlocking tmobile hotspot mf61.
    DC-Unlocker keep gev me this Massige

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1118
    Detecting modem :
    selection :
    manufacturer - ZTE modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)
    Found Diagnostics port COM12
    Application port not found !

i keep trying and trying its give me:

Detecting modem :
    selection :
    model - Unknown ZTE modem
    Selected Applications port COM15
    Selected Diagnostics portCOM13
    Found modem : T-MOBILE 4G MOBILE HOTSPOT
    Model : Unknown ZTE modem
    IMEI : 868680010953248
    Firmware : BD_MF61V1.0.1B09
    Compile date / time : Apr 22 2013 17:35:04
    Chipset : Qualcomm MSM8200A
    SIM Lock status : Locked (Card Lock)

================================================== =================
    Check account status
    User : mzmanan
    Password : OK !
    Credits left : 7
    Unlocking, please wait ...
    Modem successfully unlocked !
    Credits left : 0

its same to be unlocked now. but modem keep searching......... no network. restart it, remove the battery still searching.
    Last edited by mzmanan; 2014-06-08, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• blessed.love
      blessed.love commented
      Editing a comment
      imei : 355786042278189
      zte mf 61
      i need unlock code

Originally posted by mzmanan View Post
    i keep trying and trying its give me:

Detecting modem :
    selection :
    model - Unknown ZTE modem
    Selected Applications port COM15
    Selected Diagnostics portCOM13
    Found modem : T-MOBILE 4G MOBILE HOTSPOT
    Model : Unknown ZTE modem
    IMEI : 868680010953248
    Firmware : BD_MF61V1.0.1B09
    Compile date / time : Apr 22 2013 17:35:04
    Chipset : Qualcomm MSM8200A
    SIM Lock status : Locked (Card Lock)

Check account status
    User : mzmanan
    Password : OK !
    Credits left : 7
    Unlocking, please wait ...
    Modem successfully unlocked !
    Credits left : 0

its same to be unlocked now. but modem keep searching......... no network. restart it, remove the battery still searching.
    Try to check network settings.
    What country is modem from and what country do you try to use it?

Comment

i have they same problem with my t mobile mf61 modem

Comment

Originally posted by safiyanu View Post
        i have they same problem with my t mobile mf61 modem
        Please check suggested steps by Vincentas.
        >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

i want zte mf61 mobile hotspot unlock code 16 digit code
          imei :
          Last edited by Valdemaras; 2014-07-09, 08:13 AM. Reason: removed imei

Comment

Originally posted by blessed.love View Post
            i want zte mf61 mobile hotspot unlock code 16 digit code
            imei :
            How to unlock it see here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/zte-mf61...d-unlock-guide
            >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

I just got this device unlocked with DC-Unlocker, and I can't quite believe it!

It shouldn't have been so difficult, but the several threads in this forum, each with incomplete advice, didn't help!

The Web UI offers a way to provide a 8-digit unlock code to the device, but nobody (not even T-Mobile) knows how to get that code! Don't waste your time trying, like I did, DC-Unlocker may be more work, but it is the only way to go.

Note that this device only supports the T-Mobile AWS bands (1700MHz & 2100MHz) plus the PCS band (1900MHz) used in the Americas (mostly North America). It does not support the other GSM bands used in the rest of the world (900MHz and 1800MHz), so if you're unlocking for use in Europe or Asia or Africa, you're going to be disappointed! Despite this, the device's rather simple Web UI actually has settings to specify a different APN and enable data roaming, exactly what I needed to use my UK SIM card from FreedomPop in USA.

Here's the secret steps I had to discover myself (the hard way) with hints from the dialogs in this forum, to get this work:

1) Create a Windows System Restore restore point in case you have troubles later. You shouldn't need it, and it might not even help, but better to have it than not!

2) You can't use the T-Mobile provided drivers on the device. If you've installed those already, you're going to need to totally uninstall them, and then install the correct ZTE drivers on your machine, before plugging the device back in again.

3) At the very top of the ZTE MF61 driver guide (see link in previous message), there is a not-so-obvious hyperlink, "ZTE MF61 Drivers" hyperlink to get the Chinese driver from ZTE that are needed. Yes, the installer is all Chinese, but Google Translate can now translate text found on a photo, so you can figure out what the two or three screens say if you need help.

4) You don't need to run anything in the directories created by the installer. There is another setup.exe and installer.exe there, but they've already been run! You may need to point Windows there, however, if it can't find the driver files automatically when it installs the device ports and modem.

5) Turn off Windows AutoPlay so the T-Mobile installer doesn't automatically run when you plug in device and the mass storage is installed.

6) Turn off using Automatic Download and Install the best driver according to Windows Update. Only the drivers already on the machine should be used!

7) Guess what? The ZTE Chinese drivers are unsigned, of course! On Windows XP (which is what I'm using), that's not too much of problem (just tell Windows to allow), but later versions of Windows that isn't easy to do normally. You'll have to research exactly how to use them in your version of Windows. For Windows 7, as I understand it, you have to press the F8 key during boot and select a special boot mode on the menu to use an unsigned driver.

8) Ready? Plug in the MF61 hotspot device now. You might see just the mass storage device drives install, and no ZTE ports and no ZTE modem and no Network device. Don't panic (like I kept doing), this is actually good news! The hotspot actually has several operating modes, and DC-Unlocker will change the mode to enable those things to appear. (actually, if you notice, the T-Mobile driver installer does this too, immediately after you hit the Close/Finished button and new devices auto-detect and begin installing)

9) Select "ZTE modems" for manufacturer and "Auto-detect" for model. In the output window, a message should come up, "Enabling ZTE modem device", and the remaining devices should suddenly appear suddenly in Device Manager and install as the missing device ports and ZTE modem. If Windows can't find the path to the correct driver files, as I mentioned earlier, point Window into the appropriate directory (32-bit or 64-bit) under "C:\Program Files (x86)\ZTE\..." created by the installer. If the correct driver is used, the device names will say "ZTE" and not "T-Mobile". Otherwise, something's wrong, try again! You may have to hit auto-detect more than once until DC-Unlocker finally gets everything properly enabled and auto-detected, but the two ports and device name "T-MOBILE 4G MOBILE HOTSPOT" (not MF61) should eventually be found automatically. A Modem device appears in Device Manager instead of the Network device.

10) You're ready now to buy your credits and perform a quick and easy SIM unlock!

11) Once device is unlocked, click disable "Disable Diagnostic Port". The device will reboot. Unplug the USB before it finished booting.

12) Now you have to uninstall the ZTE Chinese manufacturer's drivers from your machine. You can't access the hotspot cellular data over USB with them still installed, as they provide modem access instead. Re-run the Chinese installer utility again, but this time on the opening screen you pick the second option "(M)" to uninstall. (the first option "(E)" is to a repair install, which you don't want!).

13) You can turn AutoPlay back on and also re-enable automatically allowing Windows to search and download automatically for the best driver.

14) Plug the hotspot back in again, and now install the T-Mobile drivers off the device's mass storage. You should get the network device back. And the device should be working with your non-T-Mobile SIM too! (you might have to set the APN and data roaming and click Connect and/or check off automatically on power up in the setup, as may be applicable)

15) I had some difficulties after the initial re-install with getting the T-Mobile drivers to stick. Windows really isn't built to handle two different sets of drivers (which provide different function) for the same device very well. It's the reverse problem now! After re-booting the device and re-plugging it into USB, the ZTE drivers somehow still got installed from the driver cache or something rather than using the T-Mobile ones already installed! You can check if that has happened to you by enabling "Show Hidden Devices" in Device Manager and looking for two sets of device ports. To fix, I had to uninstall T-Mobile again and manually clean out the C:\WINDOWS directory of all the ZTE driver files (zte*.sys, oem*.inf, oem*.pnf) and then deleted INFCACHE.1 driver information database and re-booted the system so it would re-build. System Restore might help here, though it didn't for me. Hope that doesn't happen for you.

If you can get through all those hoops, now you can enjoy your unlocked T-Mobile Hotspot!
              Last edited by cparke; 2016-12-30, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X