ZTE MF821D - modem not found !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTE MF821D - modem not found !

Just paid 7€ to get an unlock for my swedish ZTE MF821D. On autodetect after plugged in the modem and original software - that is ISP www interface appears ...modem flashing greens and stats appearing and after closing down the website I get a "modem not found!" message.

Thanks for help.

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1166

Detecting modem :

selection :
    manufacturer - ZTE modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

Enabling ZTE modem driver... OK
    Waiting for ZTE modem...

modem not found !

Where in device manager (what device manager places) you see modem before detect? After you try to detect are there any new device (unknown device) in device manager? If so, try to update these devices drivers and try detecting then.

Comment

Thanks Vincentas, will try tonight. It will pop under network adapters in the device manager...do you have any source for an alternative driver software? Do I need an alternative driver?

Comment

More drivers can be found here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/file-lis...ms_and_Routers
        >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Lists as said under "Network adapters" as "Remote NDIS based device". DL the MF-821D driver from your site, updated driver. Restarted unlocker. Still the same message: "modem not found!"

Comment

Maybe you are using modem for internet then while trying to detect it? Device can not be used by any other service.

Comment

Still the same. I am not using the modem. Tried again with newest DC-unlocker version (in admin mode), and driver from you website: "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date".

Comment

Originally posted by jch64 View Post
                Still the same. I am not using the modem. Tried again with newest DC-unlocker version (in admin mode), and driver from you website: "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date".
                Drivers only needed when device enters ports mode, not while it is in network adapters. How to enter ports mode see here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/how-to-d...twork-adapters

Comment

http://192.168.0.1/mode_switch.asp with debug mode entered. I never got the option to "refresh" but only "apply". Under device manager the modem now lists under "other devices" with 4 entries with exclamation mark as "ZTE LTE Technologies MSM". Still no modem detected in DC-unlocker software

Comment

http://192.168.0.1/mode_switch.asp with debug mode entered. I never got the option to "refresh" but only "apply". Under device manager the modem now lists under "other devices" with 4 entries with exclamation mark as "ZTE LTE Technologies MSM". Still no modem detected in DC-unlocker software
                    Well it won't be detected until you install now those 4 lines that appear under other devices in device manager. Where to find drivers you already know.

Comment

Downloaded the MF821D zip with drivers from your website. Tried driver update with unzipped files in device manager. 4 times the same message: "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. / ZTE Mobile Broadband Network Adapter / The system cannot find the file specified / If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for your driver software."

Comment

No more advice? or of for easter?

Comment

Downloaded the MF821D zip with drivers from your website. Tried driver update with unzipped files in device manager. 4 times the same message: "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. / ZTE Mobile Broadband Network Adapter / The system cannot find the file specified / If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for your driver software."
                          Then try to check for other drivers, if our does not work. Also, can try on other computer, other windows sytem. Maybe this will help.

Comment

I run into the same problem, after auto-detection the modem turned into diagnostic mode and was not detected by Windows and by DC-unlocker. I first thought that the modem got bricked, but plugging it into a linux machine proved that it has 4 serial ports working.

After finding this post, I have downloaded the MF821D driver from the support area, to learn that it is giving the same error message as mentioned here. From inspecting the ini file it turned out that in the ZTE4G folder the amd64 subfolder for the 64 bit operating system is missing. I tried to install the driver files from the MF823 driver, but after doing it for one port, it was not obvious if that wich file in the 823 directory corresponds to which in the 821 so I gave up this approach. I had a working 32 bit Windows XP in VMWare Player so I continued there and managed to successfully unlock the modem. After unlocking with DC-Unlock I disabled the diagnostic port and now my modem is working well and it is unlocked :-)

Some hint for DC-Unlocker:
                            1) It would be a good idea to mention on the MF821 tutorial this NDIS mode/ Diagnostic port mode, then people will not think that they have bricked their modem.
                            2) If you can, it would be good to get the 64 bit drivers for MF821 or construct a working set from the other modems driver to be able to do the unlocking on modern operating systems as well

(First I tried to do the full unlock on the XP virtual machine but vithout any hind on how to switch mode I was not able to do it, the modem was never recognized.)

Comment

Working...
                            X