ZTE MF820D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTE MF820D

I have a ZTE 4G Dongle MF820D bought by PT Telecom in Portugal. But now I have moved to Sweden and want to use it with swedish operator Telia who also support this very same dongle. ( http://www.telia.se/privat/support/i...redband-mobilt )
    But when I use the software DC-Unlocker to detect and identify the modem it will report as follow:

"DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1201

Detecting modem :

selection :
    manufacturer - ZTE modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM3
    Found Diagnostics port COM3

modem not found !"

Of course I want to understand that the software actually will unlock this dongle before I buy any credits. '
    Thus how do I make the software identify and find the modem ?

If you can not detect modem, check this:
    Make sure all drivers are installed.
    Make sure modems connection software/WEBUI is installed, but not running. (if there is one)
    Use Autodetect on DC-unlocker “select model” line.
    Make sure modem is not connected to internet.

Note: modem will be detected only when it appears in device manager under Modems and Ports sections. Originally it should be visible under Network adapters section, but during detection it should enter previously mentioned sections. Please check and let us know your findings of what actually happens during detect time in device manager.

>>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

"Make sure all drivers are installed."

A(nswer): Modem is installed in my Vista Business 32 bit O/S as a DVD-/CD-ROM unit named "ZTE SCSI USB CD-ROM USB Device" and according to the device manager in Windows it is working correctly. When I ask Windows to search for an update of the driver on the web it reports that I am using the latest version. Also according to the manual from Telia (Swedens largest telecom operator) this modem should install in Vista as a CDROM. Thus it is reasonable to assume that I have the correct drivers.

"Make sure modems connection software/WEBUI is installed, but not running. (if there is one)"

A: Zconnection manager is installed. To make sure it is working but not running I opened it and then closed it down. Also I checked in the Windows Tasks Manager that it was correctly closed and that neither the software nor any process associated with this software was still running after I closed it. I found two remaining processes from the software and closed them both.

"Use Autodetect on DC-unlocker “select model” line."

A: Yes. Of course I do this.

"Make sure modem is not connected to internet."

A: To make sure I was not connected to the Internet I checked Network Connections in the Control Panel verifying that Windows reported "Not Connected" for any possible connection to the Internet including wireless connections as well as cable.

However, when I run DC-unlocker in accordance with Your suggestions I receive the same error report "modem not found". Also I see no response whatsoever in the device manager.

The modem was working correctly in Portugal and seems to be working also now i.e. there is a small red light indicator lamp lit which means it can not find the Internet Server - reasonable since the Internet Server is in Portugal and I am now in Sweden - and if I uninstall the drivers and the connection software the modem will reinstall them automatically when I reinsert it into the USB-port. My conclusion is that the modem, its drivers and the software in the modem all are working correctly ? Still DC-unlocker seems not to work ? Any other suggestion how to solve this problem ?

Comment

Device won't be detected if it's only visible under drives/cdrom section in device manager. Go to computer area, locate your modem drive there, right click on it and select eject option, then go back to device manager and check if modem appears under "network adapters" or "modems" and "ports", let us know the results.

Comment

It did not work immediately. However once I restarted the laptop it automatically installed the modem (without the SIM card inserted) in the device manager as a broadband modem and as a broadband network adapter as well as broadband ports on Com 10-12. Then when I used DC-Unlock I was successful in detecting and identifying the modem and DC-unlock reported as follow:

"For correct ZTE modem detection, please plug modem with invalid operator SIM inserted. Wait till software starts the modem, close ZTE software and then you can detect modem with DC-Unlocker.

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.1201

Detecting modem :

selection :
          manufacturer - ZTE modems
          model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found Applications port COM12
          Found Diagnostics port COM13

Found modem : "MF820D"
          Model : ZTE MF820
          IMEI : 356810041156748
          Firmware : BD_TMN_MF820DV1.0.0B11
          Compile date / time : Apr 17 2012 14:23:40
          Chipset : Qualcomm MDM9200
          NAND Flash : HYNIX_HY27SF081G2A
          SIM Lock status : Locked (Card Lock) "

Thus I will buy 7 credits tomorrow and hopefully it will unlock the modem correctly

Thank You very much, Valdemaras, for good support !

Comment

That's great news, thank you for sharing this information with us.

Comment

Working...
            X