Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zte mobley unlockable?

Hello Everyone,

I just had a quick question to see if anyone out there has been able to successfully been able to unlock the AT&T ZTE MOBLEY. Its an Obd2 dongle that goes into your car's diagnostic port but its a hotspot device. I haven't bought one yet because I checked with At&t and they say its unlockable. As it does not have an input screen or its manufactured only for At&t are the answers I got when I called customer service. I have attached a link for everyone so you can maybe get a better understanding. Thank You for any help you can give.

Reclaim your drivetime. Connect multiple devices on America's best network & stay connected wherever your day takes you. Get started with in-car WiFi from AT&T today.

Does it have any other external port? Because without usb connection i highly doubt it will be possible to check more about its unlock possibility.
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Sorry for the delay, No it does not have an external port of any kind. But there is and USB OBD2 cable out there. It has an OBD2 port on one end like your car. From what I found they use it to calibrate the OBD2 diagnostic dongles that car mechanics use. I'm thinking maybe with the right software and drivers from ZTE the cable would provide the missing piece of the puzzle.

PS: I attached what a photo of what the cable looks like or should look like.

Thanks to everyone and everyone who provides any input.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by npatel110 View Post
        Sorry for the delay, No it does not have an external port of any kind. But there is and USB OBD2 cable out there. It has an OBD2 port on one end like your car. From what I found they use it to calibrate the OBD2 diagnostic dongles that car mechanics use. I'm thinking maybe with the right software and drivers from ZTE the cable would provide the missing piece of the puzzle.

PS: I attached what a photo of what the cable looks like or should look like.

Thanks to everyone and everyone who provides any input.
        Does device appear somewhere in device manager when connected via this cable?

Comment

I wouldn't be able to tell you as I haven't bought the device yet. I wanted to but if it can't be unlocked then I wasn't going to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by npatel110 View Post
            I wouldn't be able to tell you as I haven't bought the device yet. I wanted to but if it can't be unlocked then I wasn't going to bother.
            Well device is not in our current supported models list, so officially it is not supported and without investigation won't be possible to tell whether we can or not do do something about it.

Comment

Working...
            X