ZTE MF622 - Firmware/Dashboard Wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...lets see

I checked out the connection software and killed it. I then removed the cd ROM and did it all on a different computer.

Now , the error message is still 226 in QPST , but it says "file or directory already in use"..... weird... Im trying to find whats using the file so I can kill it - have you got any ideas?

Thanks
    Lloyd

Comment

OK

After bricking 2 K3520-z's with write errrors when uploading the ISO via DC unlocker (completely where the modem refuses to light up or register as a USB device) , I found a workaround to the problem. You delete all the files in the directory besides the ISO (in QPST) , and then you remove the modem , reinsert , reconnect with QPST and then the ISO becomes deletable. You can then put back the other files and it works fine.

The autorun on the ISO that DC Unlocker provides doesnt work - but the setup file in the /data directory works. Maybe you wanna check that.

Once I had the modem working , I then removed the ISO again and tried to upload a more recent one. I got far , got an error , and then it bricked.

3 Modems blown up on experimentation. I don't recommend anyone use QPST or the DC unlocker software to load the k3520-z with generic firmware. One small upload error for whatever reason and the thing is stuffed.

Is there any way I can repair this lot of bricked modems BTW?

Thanks
      Lloyd

Comment

We have tested dashboard write function with mf 622, K3520-z and other zte modems here. We tryed cancelling the writting process in variuos writing process progres places, phisically removing the modem. After every attempt we were able to write dashboard to modem and modem keep working.
        QPST is an original qualcomm program. If QPST is not able to write dashboard, dc-unlocker will not be able too. Maybe there is something wrong with modem.

Comment

Hmm

I believe you - thanks for looking into it.

I think these modems are weird or something. I'll look into it , but I'm not sure how to revive them - they really are completely dead...

Oh well...I learn...
          Cheers
          Lloyd

Comment

tried to write dashboard, same error occured but modem works fine.
            used original ZTE data conexion.
            Last edited by raklm; 2010-04-26, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Writing does not work on all modems. One one of them work, on other does not work. Try to detect modem by autodetect before writting.

Comment

how to zte softwera Firmware/Dashboard Wanted! ne tell me pls

Comment

Originally posted by roomance View Post
                  how to zte softwera Firmware/Dashboard Wanted! ne tell me pls
                  You can write Dashboard to your ZTE modem using DC-Unlocker.

1. Start DC-Unlocker software.
                  2. Detect modem.
                  3. Click on "Read dashboard". You current dashboard will be read. (You will be able to write it back if write dashboard fails or it will not work).
                  4. Click on "Write dashboard".
                  5. Select dashboard file you want to write.
                  6. Click "Write".

If new dashboard will not work, write back original dashboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X