X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTE MF61 US T-Mobile - ZTE software doesn't "see" modem on Win7

Hi,
    I have a ZTE MF61 personal wifi hotspot (by T-Mobile USA),
    and I've been trying to unlock it with latest DC-Unlocker client.

The proem is... The only ZTE software I found doesn't seem to detect the modem when attached via USB. Therefore the dc Unlocker client can't detect it either...
    Do you know where I can find the correct ZTE software to detect the modem so afterwards i can use the client to unlock it?
    I already purchased 7 credits...

Thanks a lot!!
    Andrei

Originally posted by cosmokramer View Post
    Hi,
    I have a ZTE MF61 personal wifi hotspot (by T-Mobile USA),
    and I've been trying to unlock it with latest DC-Unlocker client.

The proem is... The only ZTE software I found doesn't seem to detect the modem when attached via USB. Therefore the dc Unlocker client can't detect it either...
    Do you know where I can find the correct ZTE software to detect the modem so afterwards i can use the client to unlock it?
    I already purchased 7 credits...

Thanks a lot!!
    Andrei
    Hello. Connection software should install together with modem. Doesnt it?
    If your computer see your modem, you should right click on it (it should appear in CD-ROM drives), then click Open, then you should find Drivers folder. Install them and you should be able to detect with DC-Unlocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gintas View Post
      Hello. Connection software should install together with modem. Doesnt it?
      If your computer see your modem, you should right click on it (it should appear in CD-ROM drives), then click Open, then you should find Drivers folder. Install them and you should be able to detect with DC-Unlocker.
      hi Gintas, thanks for your quick reply!
      that's exactly the problem... i don't have any ZTE software... the modem (ZTE wifi personal hotspot model MF61) didn't come with any CDs... so I looked on your site, and found the only zTE software here:

and then click on ZTE_MF622_not_customised_software download.
      there are two potential reasons for which the above software doesn't "see" my modem when connected via usb:
      1. i'm using win7
      2. the model I have is MF61 and the software is for MF622 ...

any suggestions at this point?
      thanks again for all your help!
      Andrei

Comment

Solved!
        found software on the device itself... once installed, windows 7 "saw" the modem, hence i was able to detect it in unlocker software, and then unlock it...
        Thanks a lot for all your help!!
        Andrei

Comment

Solved!
          found software on the device itself... once installed, windows 7 "saw" the modem, hence i was able to detect it in unlocker software, and then unlock it...
          Thanks a lot for all your help!!
          Andrei
          Hello. Thank you for good news. Could you give me more information about what software are you using now? The one that your downloaded from our website for MF622?

Comment

Hello. Thank you for good news. Could you give me more information about what software are you using now? The one that your downloaded from our website for MF622?
            Hi,
            I'm using the software that came with the device itself and which is actually stored on the device itself (so when you plug it in via USB it detects a small built in storage on the device and that's where you have an autorun.exe and a setup utility).
            This only makes the modem visible by the os.
            Once that's done, then your unlock utility does see the modem and can unlock it.
            The problem is however, that this is a US modem and I wasn't able to make it work in Europe... Ie... Although now its unlocked( no longer does it say sim locked shen u put a non T-Mobile sim) It now simply says "Searching..." and never finds any carriers...
            So not sure what do... Tried changing the country from USA to None... But doesnt seem to have any effect...

Any ideas?
            Thanks again!

Comment

Hi,
              I'm using the software that came with the device itself and which is actually stored on the device itself (so when you plug it in via USB it detects a small built in storage on the device and that's where you have an autorun.exe and a setup utility).
              This only makes the modem visible by the os.
              Once that's done, then your unlock utility does see the modem and can unlock it.
              The problem is however, that this is a US modem and I wasn't able to make it work in Europe... Ie... Although now its unlocked( no longer does it say sim locked shen u put a non T-Mobile sim) It now simply says "Searching..." and never finds any carriers...
              So not sure what do... Tried changing the country from USA to None... But doesnt seem to have any effect...

Any ideas?
              Thanks again!
              Are you sure that SIM card is not corrupted? Is there a good network coverage in your area? Sure you have checked in settings that not only 3G or only 2G are selected? Did you try other SIM card?

Comment

Are you sure that SIM card is not corrupted? Is there a good network coverage in your area? Sure you have checked in settings that not only 3G or only 2G are selected? Did you try other SIM card?
                hi,
                yes, the sim is ok (works fine in an unlocked European device). good network coverage, all settings are fine (same as the European device which works fine), sim is OK.
                the problem is... that this device, which, yes, I've now unlocked, is from USA... (was locked initially to t-mobile USA). therefore, it only looks for US frequencies ? (read a bit on this topic and apparently USA/North America 3G is on different frequencies than Europe).
                i was expecting it to connect via 2G (i.e. GSM network.. as it provides an option WCDMA or GSM or Auto or manual... on manual it tries to find networks but finds nothing (although there are many networks present which i can detect full signal from with other devices in the same location).

so not sure what i can do at this point...
                thanks again
                Andrei

Comment

hi,
                  yes, the sim is ok (works fine in an unlocked European device). good network coverage, all settings are fine (same as the European device which works fine), sim is OK.
                  the problem is... that this device, which, yes, I've now unlocked, is from USA... (was locked initially to t-mobile USA). therefore, it only looks for US frequencies ? (read a bit on this topic and apparently USA/North America 3G is on different frequencies than Europe).
                  i was expecting it to connect via 2G (i.e. GSM network.. as it provides an option WCDMA or GSM or Auto or manual... on manual it tries to find networks but finds nothing (although there are many networks present which i can detect full signal from with other devices in the same location).

so not sure what i can do at this point...
                  thanks again
                  Andrei
                  Then maybe your modem works only on USA fixed frequencies and there is no network frequencies in that country of Europe that you are visiting. If that is the point, then sorry, but we will not be able to help you, because that is the modem specification that cannot be changed.

Comment

no longer charging battery after update of ZTE MF61 wifi hotspot

Hi again,
                    sorry to pester you with this issue but following my unlocking of the ZTE MF61 (personal wifi hotspot by T-Mobile USA), using your software (managed to do it finally), the unit doesn't charge anymore...
                    the behaviour is very strange:
                    1. the battery doesn't even show anymore on the unit display (so I don't know if it is charged or not) regardless if it's plugged in or not (into the power usb charger cord)
                    2. even if you leave it plugged in overnight, the battery doesn't actually get charged (tried with two different batteries, which, both do get charged with a different unit, still ZTE).
                    3. the battery problem wasn't there before I've unlocked the device with your software.

Therefore, is there any update I could use to try to "reset" the unit so it actually charges the battery?

any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
                    Thank you,
                    Andrei

Comment

Hi again,
                      sorry to pester you with this issue but following my unlocking of the ZTE MF61 (personal wifi hotspot by T-Mobile USA), using your software (managed to do it finally), the unit doesn't charge anymore...
                      the behaviour is very strange:
                      1. the battery doesn't even show anymore on the unit display (so I don't know if it is charged or not) regardless if it's plugged in or not (into the power usb charger cord)
                      2. even if you leave it plugged in overnight, the battery doesn't actually get charged (tried with two different batteries, which, both do get charged with a different unit, still ZTE).
                      3. the battery problem wasn't there before I've unlocked the device with your software.

Therefore, is there any update I could use to try to "reset" the unit so it actually charges the battery?

any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
                      Thank you,
                      Andrei
                      Try to check for solution here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/forum/sho...hlight=battery

Comment

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!
                        I did follow the instructions on the thread you mentioned (entered AT+ZCDRUN=F in the stauts box, once connected) and rebooted, and now the battery behaviour is back to normal.
                        that's fantastic!
                        thank you again for your help!
                        much appreciated!
                        A.

Comment

@cosmokramer I see you have solved the battery charging issue, but were you able to have the router find any other network apart from the original T-Mobile USA one?

Having the same problem here in Brazil. Thanks!

Comment

Dears,

Did you found any solution to run the ZTE MF 61 (by T-Mobile USA) in other countries (Europe)?

Thanks a lot

Comment

i have the same problem with mf61 in nigeria here after unlocking with dc-unlocker it doesnt show network it showing only searching......... i was using in usa with t-mobile,any help i will be very grateful

Comment

Working...
                              X