X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZTE MF61 searching

Hi,
    thanks for the solid research!
    So, the HW of MF60 and MF61 seems to be different in terms of transmitting and
    receiving capabilities, no FW update will help...
    I like the product, so I will probably buy an MF60 for Europe then (unlocked ;-)).
    Also, I noticed, that the MF60 does have the WiFi n mode built in whereas the MF61 does not - any comments on this?

Comment

MF60 has only WiFi 811.b/g. For Europe consider the MF80

It looks like the MF60 and the MF61 are exactly the same device, except for the operating band.

Looking at the quick manual of MF60 from ZTE, the supported mode for WiFi are only 811.b/g. Also looking on the web site of *******my mobile operator[/URL] in Finland they only state that WiFi 811.b/g is available.

Considering that in Europe most network have already upgraded to the HSPA+ Dual Carrier, which is able to have a download speed of 42 Mbit/s, I suggest to buy a compatible device like the *****
      Last edited by Vincentas; 2012-01-04, 07:41 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Re:MF60 has only WiFi 811.b/g. For Europe consider the MF80

MF80 would be THE gadget to use, thanks!
        Very little information about MF80 available so far...
        wrt WiFi n support of MF60/61: all manuals state b/g only but the Chinese distributors from mainland and Hongkong claim "n", too. Probably they just copied the same typo from tech specs all over the place.
        Thanks for pointing me to the MF80!

Comment

zte mf61 4g unlock instructions

i have downloaded the dc-unlocker. it is able to detect the modem. i'm currently in Ghana and i want to unlock it in order to be able to use it here. the sim card is a t-mobile sim card.

pls how do i get the instructions

Comment

Originally posted by adobea View Post
            i have downloaded the dc-unlocker. it is able to detect the modem. i'm currently in Ghana and i want to unlock it in order to be able to use it here. the sim card is a t-mobile sim card.

pls how do i get the instructions
            How to use DC-Unlocker you can see here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/get/bmWgDFT

Comment

i have the same problem! i unlocked the device and now only apear Searching....

Comment

Originally posted by marcioandre View Post
                i have the same problem! i unlocked the device and now only apear Searching....
                Please read previous posts of standard2020 here.
                This may be because frequencies are not same.

Comment

Originally posted by standard2020 View Post
                  Hi,

I just bought the unlocker from DC-unlocker, followed the procedure received by email and at the end of the process received the message "Card successfully unlocked". Infact this was the case since from the web panel all the settings as appeared regardless of the SIM (before the setting page appeared only with the original T-Mobile USA SIM card).

The unlocking seems to work, but the modem is unable to find any network in Europe. Even with "manual network select" it appears an empty list.

It looks like the firmware of the MF61 has been modified in order to restrict the network search on the T-Mobile USA band, which currently is not used in Europe and probably will never be.

I believe the only way to use the device on other networks requires unlock + firmware update.

Can anybody help on the firmware side? What kind of firmware to download and where?

Best regards
                  I know it's possible to upload MF60 firmware on the MF61 device. The question is whether it is gonna solve the issue or not. That would answer whether it is FW which is causing this or whether the MF61 device HW is different to MF60 ... right?

Comment

Working...
                  X